Oasis cabin 8662

Does anyone know if this cabin has the bed near the balcony, closet or bathroom? Is this a good cabin?

I have stayed in 9662 and the bed was near the closet. I have also been in 9664 and the bed was next to the balcony.

When I was on the Allure in May I made a future reservation for 8664. While on the ship I took a chance and called the occupant in 8664 and asked where the bed was located. He stated by the balcony. He was extremely nice about the call and said that was a smart thing to do.

Therefore I would assume 8662 has the bed near the closet. I hope this helps.

I was in 8664 and the bed we as by the balcony, so I would assume the bed win 8662 would be by the door. The location of the cabin is great. It's right near both the aft stairs and elevators, as well as the entrance to Central Park.

I looked thru several threads and reviews trying to decide the best bed placement for an upcoming cruise on Oasis. In the past, we've had the bed by the balcony and I didn't like it very much. I've seen postings on other threads saying a bed by the closet is "undesirable". I don't agree. I think the cabin layout preference would be based on how someone intends to utilize their cabin space. Are you someone who goes in and out of a closet several times a day? Are there several people in the cabin? Do you enjoy sleeping with the balcony door open? Do you enjoy an afternoon movie on the sofa with the balcony door open? It's all a matter of how you plan to use the space.

We prefer the bed to be by the closet. Yes, it's a little tight for the five minutes twice a day that I go into the closet. On the other hand, we go in and out of the balcony several times throughout the day though, and really enjoy having the balcony door open for a nice breeze while sitting on the sofa reading. So for us, the bed-by-the-closet placement is more ideal because it opens up the balcony area very nicely. We booked 8590 on Oasis. :)

To figure out bed placement: Look at the deck plan for your cabin. Find a set of connecting cabins nearest to YOUR cabin. Looking at the connecting cabin doors (from the hallway), the one on the right will have the bed by the balcony - the one on the left will have the bed by the closet. The bed placement in the cabins alternates for the most part (closet/balcony/closet/balcony.....). Using the set of connecting cabins - follow the pattern to find out where YOUR bed will be placed.

And here's a link to that other thread where the spreadsheet is located. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1516781

• 5 years later...