Summer 2015 Cruises QOTS

js17

The trend by RCL for the 2015/16 season has been to open the Bookings, present a PDF flyer to the travel parteners and issue a media press release. No media press release for the Alaska

2015 season has been issued as of yet, but the PDF has been sent to the T/A's.

http://loyaltoyoualways.com/deployment/

Edited by FIRELT5

Approaching 4pm EST and another day passing without any further information. Very frustrating.

Dave, first of all the photo of your dog is absolutely adorable. Anyway, I don't know what the hold up could be unless it's what everyone is speculating about Bermuda??? If that's the case, skip Bermuda and replace it with Nassau or something like that.

Dave, first of all the photo of your dog is absolutely adorable. Anyway, I don't know what the hold up could be unless it's what everyone is speculating about Bermuda??? If that's the case, skip Bermuda and replace it with Nassau or something like that.

Thanks! Our doggie is most certainly not supportive of our cruising habit (since she cannot come) and would likely be mortified to know that I used her likeness on Cruise Critic... :p

It's financial instead of logistical, IMHO.

Historically for the past 10yrs., the Opening bookings for the EXOS has been in March/April. The Celebrity Summit 2015 Summer Itin/booking to Bermuda will occur in the 2nd week of March. In the past they usually mirror each other :)

Edited by FIRELT5

It's financial instead of logistical, IMHO.

Historically for the past 10yrs., the Opening bookings for the EXOS has been in March/April. The Celebrity Summit 2015 Summer Itin to Bermuda will occur in the 2nd week of March.

Hopefully the itineraries will show up soon. :cool:

Thanks! Our doggie is most certainly not supportive of our cruising habit (since she cannot come) and would likely be mortified to know that I used her likeness on Cruise Critic... :p

Take her on the QM2. They have a nice kennel onboard. Plus it docks in Redhook :)

Edited by FIRELT5

I must not appreciate the complexity of these pricing decisions because I cannot fathom what's taking so long, even with the reclassification of late last week. ...Especially since they have the benefit of reviewing available pricing data from the Quantum cruises already selling. I feel like all interested parties such just agree with each other that they want to make money on these cruises and release the darn itineraries already!

Take her on the QM2. They have a nice kennel onboard. Plus it dock in Redhook :)

Haha maybe some day ;). DW and I fear we're a little young for a Cunard TA, although it would be nice to walk to the cruise terminal from home!

Haha maybe some day ;). DW and I fear we're a little young for a Cunard TA, although it would be nice to walk to the cruise terminal from home!

We are in our late 40's and sailed on her 3x to the Caribbean from Brooklyn. In 2015 she suppose to sail to the eastern & southern Caribbean in late November/December. Along with her XMAS holiday sailing. A totally different cruising experience, lol

We are in our late 40's and sailed on her 3x to the Caribbean from Brooklyn. In 2015 she suppose to sail to the eastern & southern Caribbean in late November/December. Along with her XMAS holiday sailing. A totally different cruising experience, lol

Sounds lovely! Give us 20 years and we'll check it out :p

Vicki Freed 4:31pm Feb 19

Hi Ken, I understand the anticipation you have - we all are just as excited to see what's in store for QN. No worries, once it's announced I will advise! So keep checking my FB page or the LoyalToYouAlways.com deployment section for the latest updates!

Conversation History

Ken k 2:31pm Feb 18

Vicki, The folks in the NJ, NY Tri-State area are anxiously waiting for the Quantum Of The Seas, Summer 2015 Booking & Itinerary to open. Do you have any Idea when this will occur ??

Thank You

Vicki Freed 4:31pm Feb 19

Hi Ken, I understand the anticipation you have - we all are just as excited to see what's in store for QN. No worries, once it's announced I will advise! So keep checking my FB page or the LoyalToYouAlways.com deployment section for the latest updates!

Conversation History

Ken k 2:31pm Feb 18

Vicki, The folks in the NJ, NY Tri-State area are anxiously waiting for the Quantum Of The Seas, Summer 2015 Booking & Itinerary to open. Do you have any Idea when this will occur ??

Thank You

Oh well, it was worth a try! You get an A for effort.

If enough people drop their cruise due to lack of detail (and make sure they note their reasons when the cancel), then two things will happen:

1 - The Prices will either drop or stabilize

2 - Royal Caribbean will begin to spin up their PR engine and release information at a faster rate than they would like.

Of course, this is easy for me to say, as someone that doesn't hold a reservation (yet), but this is largely a supply/demand issue.

All of the complaining doesn't mean much since they're selling cabins without any information provided.

If they had vacancy, they would do what they had to sell cabins, which would include incentives, price drops, more marketing, etc.

So, if we want our next reveal, then everyone, cancel your reservations :D

If enough people drop their cruise due to lack of detail (and make sure they note their reasons when the cancel), then two things will happen:

1 - The Prices will either drop or stabilize

2 - Royal Caribbean will begin to spin up their PR engine and release information at a faster rate than they would like.

Of course, this is easy for me to say, as someone that doesn't hold a reservation (yet), but this is largely a supply/demand issue.

All of the complaining doesn't mean much since they're selling cabins without any information provided.

If they had vacancy, they would do what they had to sell cabins, which would include incentives, price drops, more marketing, etc.

So, if we want our next reveal, then everyone, cancel your reservations :D

The lack of details from RCI on the Quantum Class is really not good considering the ship is about 8 months to delivery. On the other hand NCL puts details of its new builds out there early so that people know what to expect and plan ahead. NCL Escape is not due until 2016 after Anthem but today they are already sharing some info about it. IMO RCI should do a lot more revealing than they have shared.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/norwegian-escape-expands-the-haven-suite-complex.html

The lack of details from RCI on the Quantum Class is really not good considering the ship is about 8 months to delivery. On the other hand NCL puts details of its new builds out there early so that people know what to expect and plan ahead. NCL Escape is not due until 2016 after Anthem but today they are already sharing some info about it. IMO RCI should do a lot more revealing than they have shared.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/norwegian-escape-expands-the-haven-suite-complex.html

NCL Escape is debuting in late 2015, but yes I agree with you 100%. It'll be interesting to see when NCL releases the details of the entertainment and dining areas considering how RCI is ridiculously dragging this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

NCL Escape is debuting in late 2015, but yes I agree with you 100%. It'll be interesting to see when NCL releases the details of the entertainment and dining areas considering how RCI is ridiculously dragging this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Dave - Thanks, messed up on the date but I knew it was after Anthem. We will probably know more about that ship before Anthem details are released.

While I agree that the lack of detail is not good for selfish reasons, revenues seem to indicate that the information (or lack there of) doesn't matter, and that the actions of the customers are contradictory to how they feel.

RCI is clearly selling out cruise after cruise with or without any further details released.

In that sense, comparing this to NCL is like comparing apples to oranges.

NCL relies on their press releases to sell cabins. I can't quantify or qualify this, but I have a feeling that there are a lot more 'Loyal to Royal' customers out there that will book any new cruise ship that RCI releases.

I don't believe that NCL has the same.

RCI is playing a very risky card, with the 'WOW' campaign. If they don't deliver something 'WOW' on this ship, they may have over-played their hand. 'WOW' may mean something different to everyone, but to me I haven't seen it yet.

That probably won't translate into customers seeking alternative cruise lines to RCI, but it means that it'll be more difficult for RCI to sell their marketing jargon for future builds, to jaded customers.

Edited by Overtyme
additional commentary

Thanks for sharing this info.

While I agree that the lack of detail is not good for selfish reasons, revenues seem to indicate that the information (or lack there of) doesn't matter, and that the actions of the customers are contradictory to how they feel.

RCI is clearly selling out cruise after cruise with or without any further details released.

In that sense, comparing this to NCL is like comparing apples to oranges.

NCL relies on their press releases to sell cabins. I can't quantify or qualify this, but I have a feeling that there are a lot more 'Loyal to Royal' customers out there that will book any new cruise ship that RCI releases.

I don't believe that NCL has the same.

RCI is playing a very risky card, with the 'WOW' campaign. If they don't deliver something 'WOW' on this ship, they may have over-played their hand. 'WOW' may mean something different to everyone, but to me I haven't seen it yet.

That probably won't translate into customers seeking alternative cruise lines to RCI, but it means that it'll be more difficult for RCI to sell their marketing jargon for future builds, to jaded customers.

I was thinking the same thing.