Is there going to be a Water Slide Simulator on QOS ??

The "billowy curtain" looks more like the white metal on the stack combined with a reflective glass distortion giving it a curtain like appearance. The seaplex is going to have a pod that drops from the ceiling for the DJ or other people to use and hover above everyone. Could this be the area where that is boarded from?

:D

This is a great thread. Liking all the speculation.

While looking at the aft area of the ship, I was wondering what the covered (with a small square roof) area is up behind the iFly Ripcord. That staircase leads up to it. I first thought it looked like a pool because of its round shape. Somewhere to sit and relax and watch the people in the Ripcord ride?

QuantumSideViewContentArea_zps87a48c19.png

Just noticed that the railing around the circular form on the SeaPlex roof which continues(?) along the length of the SeaPlex roof. As for the circular form, it may be nothing but the shape required to make the wind pass smoothly around the Ripcord (I think that the Oasis class ships have wind breaks/spoilers(?) to make the wind flow better through the Boardwalk and Central Park). BTW, do you see a break in the circular form's edge right behind the iFly in one of the close-up images in a preceding post? Makes it look less like a pool. Maybe. Just throwing that out there. They're just images after all.

As for the railing along the roof of the SeaPlex, it's either a security measure for employees ... or the landing pad for an Oasis-like blimp!! Woohoo! They ironed out he kinks and brought it back for Quantum class ships!:D

You all may be thinking in it too much, I bet it is probably a viewing area. I do hope that it will be for a water slide or water slide complex we have yet to find out about! :rolleyes: Ughhhh I wish they would give us more details!

You all may be thinking in it too much, I bet it is probably a viewing area. I do hope that it will be for a water slide or water slide complex we have yet to find out about! :rolleyes: Ughhhh I wish they would give us more details!

Of course we're thinking too much, LOL! We're absolutely so starving for new info that we're at the "make something up" stage now :p ;):D

Come on Royal! You've left us hanging long enough! Give us SOMETHING... ANYTHING...

I think I see what you're talking about. Here is a photo of a close up of Ripcord. You can definitely see the covered roof. It is open underneath, making the roof sort of an awning cover to keep the sun off of whatever is below it. I can also make out railings.

267845_ripcord_full_2_zps0849a0b4.jpg

Here is a zoomed in shot of the area in question. It's weird how the railings seem to be going. It's as if the railings are keeping you from falling off the backside of the area and not protecting you at all from the front side closest to the Ripcord. Look directly through the glass of the Ripcord and you will also see a multi-stepped object that sort of appears to be a bleacher seating type set up. Weird thing, it is facing AWAY from the Ripcord... makes you think if it IS a bleacher, than the action you are watching is NOT the ripcord, but whatever is behind it :confused::confused:. And finally, what's up with the white billowy curtain type thing on the left almost connected to the stacks? And lets not forget, we have the ambiguous white un-named rectangle just below that left stack on the walkway (not shown in this particular picture).

267845_ripcord_full_zps281e2007.jpg

OK... let's get your opinions... what do you suppose we're seeing in the pics?

I'm thinking that those bleacher things are hot tubs, the awning over them is to keep you under the shade from the sun, Maybe the billowy things are those giant windsock things, just for decor.

I think I see what you're talking about. Here is a photo of a close up of Ripcord. You can definitely see the covered roof. It is open underneath, making the roof sort of an awning cover to keep the sun off of whatever is below it. I can also make out railings.

267845_ripcord_full_2_zps0849a0b4.jpg

Here is a zoomed in shot of the area in question. It's weird how the railings seem to be going. It's as if the railings are keeping you from falling off the backside of the area and not protecting you at all from the front side closest to the Ripcord. Look directly through the glass of the Ripcord and you will also see a multi-stepped object that sort of appears to be a bleacher seating type set up. Weird thing, it is facing AWAY from the Ripcord... makes you think if it IS a bleacher, than the action you are watching is NOT the ripcord, but whatever is behind it :confused::confused:. And finally, what's up with the white billowy curtain type thing on the left almost connected to the stacks? And lets not forget, we have the ambiguous white un-named rectangle just below that left stack on the walkway (not shown in this particular picture).

267845_ripcord_full_zps281e2007.jpg

OK... let's get your opinions... what do you suppose we're seeing in the pics?

Here's my two cents...

I have done something similar to Ripcord in Pigeon Forge, TN. The company is called FLYAWAY. Visit there website HERE. I remember having a lengthy training session prior to getting to "fly." You can see details about FLYAWAY's training class HERE. The area in question, may very well be a training area to go over proper body alignment and safety measures. If there truly are bleachers in this area (Would rather have a hot tub), then maybe they will instruct large groups rather than individual coaching.

We can now say for certain that there is DEFINITELY a platform with a covered awning, but I think we can also now say for certain that it has NOTHING to do with any form of water slide. It definitely belongs to the Ripcord Ifly area.

For confirmation on this, we have the following IFLY renderings I found online (see below). These were the original renderings Iflyworld did for the Ripcord venue. In the one rendering, you can clearly see the staircase on the left side that leads up to that viewing area. You can also clearly make out the seating area, awning, railings, etc.

So, sorry folks, as much as it was nice to dream that it might have belonged to an additional and unannounced innovative venue (like a virtual water slide)... alas... it's nothing new

RCL_Render_14_zps3321ee18.jpg

RCL_Render_13_zps7d3d47a4.jpg

Archived