9:10 AM flight from FLL off Legend

Well, I booked a 9:54 flight from FLL off the Oasis. Cruise is schedule to dock at 6:15. So, to get to this flight in time, I need to be off by 8:30. With self-disembarkation, I don't see a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, I booked a 9:54 flight from FLL off the Oasis. Cruise is schedule to dock at 6:15. So, to get to this flight in time, I need to be off by 8:30. With self-disembarkation, I don't see a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Because it is Oasis and you will do self-disembarkation, odds are you will make it with some time to spare. They seem to begin disembarkation very early for Oasis and Allure. A different class of ship might lower your odds. Anybody unwilling or unable to do self-disembarkation would also have lower odds of making a 9:45. Of course, things can go wrong on any trip.

Thank you all. I think I've convinced my husband that we need to bite the bullet and stay overnight on Friday, much as we hate to do so. When I called AA they said that we could standby on later flights if we missed the 9:10 "through no fault of our own". I think it would depend on what someone determined was "no fault". I check every day to see if something opens up and will continue to do so, you never know!

My opinion remains the same despite everybody else here saying you can't do it.

If flight is at 9:10 am, you have to be checked in by 8:25 am or they won't take your luggage. I think it's completely doable if you're literally the first off the ship at 630-7. Get up early that morning and wait right by the doors. You walk off, you're first in the terminal and thus no wait to pass through customs. 10 minute cab ride and you're at the airport.

What's the worst that could happen? You miss your flight, then standby for a later one. Not sure what airline you're flying or whether or not you would be charged a standby fee, but the alternative would be to stay another day and then definitely pay for a hotel/lunch/and dinner, which easily could run you $120-150 total assuming you do it on the cheap.

If you do take the early flight - have the airline phone number preprogrammed into your cell phone. Have the airline schedule for that day (and next day) available in paper copy. If you think you will not make the early flight – then get yourself on STAND-BY for the next flight out BEFORE you get to the airport………I’ve seen some of the stand-by lists grown to 30+ people.

AND – Good luck!

Archived