Long cruises....20+ days

vent1020

Seeing the thread on the "world cruise" made me wonder. Has anyone ever taken a longer cruise and got to the point they weren't enjoying it anymore and wanted it to be over? It may be a silly question or maybe not. I would think you would have to work up to the longer cruises. My wife(who isn't as excited with cruises as I am) can't even imagine doing one longer than 7 days. The one 7 day one we did, I loved and wished it had lasted longer.

But again, just curious if anyone has ever gotten sick(not literally) of being on a longer cruise 14 or 21+ days?

We started with a 7 day cruise and worked up to 14 day. Now, we won't even consider anything shorter than 21 days! We have never been bored on a cruise and always hate when the last day arrives. We have a 43 day cruise and a 49 day cruise booked for the next 6 months. These will be our longest to date.

We started with a 7 day cruise and worked up to 14 day. Now, we won't even consider anything shorter than 21 days! We have never been bored on a cruise and always hate when the last day arrives. We have a 43 day cruise and a 49 day cruise booked for the next 6 months. These will be our longest to date.

Thanks! I'm hoping to be able to do longer cruises like that.(once I'm retired) I can't see every being sick of "just relaxing and having fun" on a cruise. But maybe it can happen.

Seeing the thread on the "world cruise" made me wonder. Has anyone ever taken a longer cruise and got to the point they weren't enjoying it anymore and wanted it to be over? It may be a silly question or maybe not. I would think you would have to work up to the longer cruises. My wife(who isn't as excited with cruises as I am) can't even imagine doing one longer than 7 days. The one 7 day one we did, I loved and wished it had lasted longer.

But again, just curious if anyone has ever gotten sick(not literally) of being on a longer cruise 14 or 21+ days?

the longest we have been is 35 days, we enjoyed the cruise but we were glad to be going home so we wouldnt attempt a WC....a lot of people like them really well but not for us

in january 2015 the Oceania Cruises' Insignia is doing a WC of 180 days (thats 6 months at sea if you do the lot)

With my back2back cruises coming up next spring, I'll be on a 22-day cruise. My longest prior was a 15-day cruise through the Panama Canal. The big thing was that I missed my bed! I'm sure I'll experience the same problem or issue on my next one. I do take along one of my pillows, so that helps.

the longest we have been is 35 days, we enjoyed the cruise but we were glad to be going home so we wouldnt attempt a WC....a lot of people like them really well but not for us

in january 2015 the Oceania Cruises' Insignia is doing a WC of 180 days (thats 6 months at sea if you do the lot)

Cant' even imagine spending half a year on a ship. :eek:

The longest I've gone for is 14 days, but I would love to go for longer cruises! I can't see myself ever getting sick of it!

I would think with longer cruises they would be great as you would get to know the staff and crew better and even other passengers. I hope to do a 30+ day cruise some day.

I would think with longer cruises they would be great as you would get to know the staff and crew better and even other passengers. I hope to do a 30+ day cruise some day.

I found that with the 7 day cruises, and even the 10 day ones, I didn't get to know people as well...but on the 14 day cruises, I got to know a lot of the crew better as well as some of the passengers that stayed on for the 2 weeks, too! My next cruise is a 10 day one but I would love to do 14 days again or longer.

The only days I don't like on a cruise is the day before the last day and the last day. I would only really hate the day before the last day (packing back up) if they could just kind of beam me off the ship to my home. That would work well. I hate having to get up and deal with the crowds and then the hole getting of the ship thing. Why cant we just say "Scotty, beam us up."

Longest for us is 35 days. No problem there at all. Did miss the four legged ones at home but managed.

Worst issue was 8 sea days in a row. Not really bad but very much appreciated landfall just for something different.

Upcoming is a 61 day journey on the Ocean Princess. Very much looking forward to that one. Not looking forward to making sure everything stays managed at home but we'll use our Internet minutes and frugal texting and phone calls to handle that.

If you think 7, 14, or 21 day cruises are long.. Try 110 day cruise...all underwater!!! After those cruise, anything is a piece of cake.... U.S. Navy Submarines....at least we too had lobster night...

The problem w a lot of the longer cruises is that they have a lot of sea days. Some of the world cruises are >50% sea days. I can't imagine doing a cruise with so many sea days.

That is probably the reason I will probably never do a Pacific cruise. There is too much Pacific Ocean so there are too many sea days.

DON

pffft: I've done 181 days on cruise. But it was a little different as I was on an aircraft carrier. Wasn't bad other than the 45 days straight at sea in the Gulf. I would love to do a sox month pleasure cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

If you think 7, 14, or 21 day cruises are long.. Try 110 day cruise...all underwater!!! After those cruise, anything is a piece of cake.... U.S. Navy Submarines....at least we too had lobster night...

pffft: I've done 181 days on cruise. But it was a little different as I was on an aircraft carrier. Wasn't bad other than the 45 days straight at sea in the Gulf. I would love to do a sox month pleasure cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

All right you old Sea Dogs. We've all certainly got nothin' on you.

Thank you so much for your service. Those were not easy sea days, being away from family as well. I hope you get to enjoy many pleasure cruises.

My longerst was a 222 day cruise on the USS John F Kennedy. The next one was only around 200 days. I was really happy to get off the ship. The longest civilian cruise I've been on is 7 days and I hate to get off the ship.

So far my longest time has been 14 days. I dream of going on a longer cruise, but I do wonder if I'll become weary of it. Right now, I get tired of cruise food fairly quickly, but I don't get tired of cruising. I'm sure I'll be able to work out the food thing.

I've done a number of 2-3 week cruises. The longest was 32 days. I love sea days so a lot of sea days doesn't bother me. The only time I'd had enough was a number of years ago on a 28-day cruise. We went to 21 ports in the Med and had very few sea days to relax. Most ports, we had all-day tours and were exhausted after a couple of weeks. I'll never do anything that port-intensive again.

All right you old Sea Dogs. We've all certainly got nothin' on you.

Thank you so much for your service. Those were not easy sea days, being away from family as well. I hope you get to enjoy many pleasure cruises.

Very nicely said, and I completely agree.

120 days was just right for me. DH could truly live on a cruise ship. I'm still a homebody at heart, though, and that prevents me from thinking I could do the same.

We did half the world cruise on Dawn Princess. 54 days Sydney/Southampton through Suez. The longest we had at sea straight was 8 days. I absolutely love sea days and was quite happy with this - we missed the port of Safaga because of 'technical problems'., Didn't concern me but was a disaster for those wanting to go to the Valley of the Kings. Being on a ship for that lenght of time becomes a way of life - won't go into the socological theories about this. While on a short cruise you try to cram as much as possible into your days but when you know there are another 50 or so coming up it becomes much more laid back. I love it. Many (Cruise Critic) friends on the ship did the whole 104 days and loved it. I was happy to disembark after 54 days but would have been more than happy to get back on a couple of days later when I realised I would have to find my own accommodation and meals etc.

Longest we have done is 41 days on a B2B2B going halfway around the world.

At the end of that time, we felt it was time to get off, mainly because we did not need to see some shipboard events for a fourth time on another segment.

Sea days do not bother us as we usually find ourselves quite busy (history and culture lecturers, port (not sales) lectures, trivia, pools, etc. We had 26 days at sea on that trip, but also 15 great port days.

I've done a number of 2-3 week cruises. The longest was 32 days. I love sea days so a lot of sea days doesn't bother me. The only time I'd had enough was a number of years ago on a 28-day cruise. We went to 21 ports in the Med and had very few sea days to relax. Most ports, we had all-day tours and were exhausted after a couple of weeks. I'll never do anything that port-intensive again.

So Pam, I'm going on a multi B2B (75 days), quite a few sea days. Any advice on how to keep things going at home? That's my main worry, not getting bored.

Archived