LaGuardia to Ship-? how & how much $

OHCruiser

We'll be going on the Triumph out of NY on 8/13. We're coming in on 8/12 and staying at an airport hotel with a free airport shuttle.

I'd love some suggestions on getting to the ship using something other than a NY taxi. I don't mind fixed rate livery, but I hate watching meters run.

We have 2 options--we can take something directly from the hotel or we could take their shuttle back to LaGuardia and pick up transport there.

Any suggestions--and possible rate charges--would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Cab will be about $30 with toll and tips, the rates are explicitly stated at the cab stand. You can call a variety of car services in the NYC area, such as Tel Aviv (212-777-7777) and arrange for them to meet you. Cost will be similar to a cab. The ride is really straightforward, and depending on when you are arriving, over runs should not be a problem. I personally would make sure the cabby took the Grand Central to the Triboro, to the FDR, getting off at 96th street, going crosstown to the Henry Hudson, which will take you to the terminal.

You can use a private car service with a flat rate of about $35 to the pier plus any tolls. Skyway (718) 591-7000 is Queens based. I use them to go the port since I live in Flushing which is only about 15 minutes from La Guardia Airport. They are reliable and use roomy Lincoln Continentals with a camera. The drivers are either Indian or Pakistani and all are very polite and know their way around NY. Be prepared for congestion going to the pier since every Saturday and Sunday there are at least one to two street fairs, festivales, etc. going on which means traffic is diverted. It only takes about 15 minutes to get into Manhattan from Queens since you are on the highway. What takes longer it getting to the pier -- anywhere from 20-45 minutes depending on traffic.

Try Skyway. Definitely do not take a taxi -- it will cost you and watching the meter tick away is no fun!

Any other questions, let me know.

MARAPRINCE

Archived