Spending Time in London? Harry Potter fan?

I know many people plan to spend a few days in London before cruising out of Dover or Southampton and I though I would mention our trip to the Warner Brother studios outside London to see the place where Harry Potter was filmed. It was a great tour and easy to get to from London by train. (Not the Hogwart's train.) You get off at Watford Junction and there is a shuttle that takes you out to the studio. Plan to spend a good part of the day and be sure to buy your tickets online for the tour so you are guaranteed a time. And have a butter beer for me! I have all the info and pictures from our visit at my blog.

I know many people plan to spend a few days in London before cruising out of Dover or Southampton and I though I would mention our trip to the Warner Brother studios outside London to see the place where Harry Potter was filmed. It was a great tour and easy to get to from London by train. (Not the Hogwart's train.) You get off at Watford Junction and there is a shuttle that takes you out to the studio. Plan to spend a good part of the day and be sure to buy your tickets online for the tour so you are guaranteed a time. And have a butter beer for me! I have all the info and pictures from our visit at my blog.

Thank you for this great information and fantastic blog, we were in London in August last year but didnt have the time, but next June we'll definitely be making the effort to get there. :)

• 6 years later...
14 hours ago, JenGi said:

Do you know if there are any Harry Potter areas to visit in Dublin or Dover?

Cliffs of Moher can be reached from Dublin - its a bit of a drive but possible.  Its where the scenes of Harry & Dumbledore finding the first horcrux were filmed.  (Also the Cliffs of insanity from Princess bride).