Question about soda

trouble48746

We haven't cruised in a long time and wondering if you can still carry soda on board Carnival ships? I only drink diet caffeine free soda and you cant get that on board. Thanks!

Yup. Upto 12 drinks under 20 oz each

But I think they have caffeine free diet coke...98% sure

We haven't cruised in a long time and wondering if you can still carry soda on board Carnival ships? I only drink diet caffeine free soda and you cant get that on board. Thanks!

Yes, from the Carnival website...

"On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less."

Hope this helps,

-Billy

You can bring soda, water and other non alcoholic beverages on board. I took caffeine diet cokes, ginger ale, Gatorade and some flavored water. But I still bought a soda card for myself because I didn't want to drag bottles around. They did have the caffeine free diet cokes all over the ship which was great! I bought a small Igloo cooler and our room steward kept it full of ice keeping our drinks cold in our room. It came in handy after Nassau when I was a tad nauseated after parasailing and diesel fumes. Ice cold Gatorade tasted soooo good.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Does Carnival security now shake every single bottle if you bring a case of water on the ship to see if there's alcohol in any of them? We sailed out of New Orleans twice last year on the Conquest. After going through the scanners, anyone with water bottles had to go to another table. The guy sliced through the outer plastic shrink wrap and took every bottle out to shake it. Apparently water and booze bubble differently when shaken. After checking all of the bottles, they put them all back into e shrink wrap and tape it back together. I've never seen that in any other port.

We are planning on bring soda on board for our next cruise since we live close to the port. But on our June 30th cruise, they did offer caffeine free diet coke and sprite zero. It was a treat to be able to have a soda in the evening without the free of being wide awake at bedtime!

Does Carnival security now shake every single bottle if you bring a case of water on the ship to see if there's alcohol in any of them? We sailed out of New Orleans twice last year on the Conquest. After going through the scanners, anyone with water bottles had to go to another table. The guy sliced through the outer plastic shrink wrap and took every bottle out to shake it. Apparently water and booze bubble differently when shaken. After checking all of the bottles, they put them all back into e shrink wrap and tape it back together. I've never seen that in any other port.

They usually do but there are always exceptions to the policy.

In FLL on the Freedom, they shook every bottle that we had in our carry-on.

We have never packed our water/sodas in a carry on. Always in a bag of luggage that the porters take. We have never had an issue. Our last cruise in December 2012 on the Triumph, we had a case of water 24pk and 2-3 6 pks of dr pepper packed in our luggage. We werent trying to hide it. This is how we have done it every time we have cruised.

Is this carry on policy new?

Archived