Luggage Tags

travelnnana

We are leaving on Monday for a Fjords/Baltic cruise - my DH makes the tags - puts packing tape around them to make them strong - this is not our 1st HAL cruise - nor the 1st one to Europe - but we cannot remember what we did to get them on the luggage - I know we do not travel with a stapler - maybe scotch tape - last year we took a transfer because we arrived on embarkation day - so I think the HAL people stapled them on - I think we will use the hotel's stapler - am I missing something?

We are leaving on Monday for a Fjords/Baltic cruise - my DH makes the tags - puts packing tape around them to make them strong - this is not our 1st HAL cruise - nor the 1st one to Europe - but we cannot remember what we did to get them on the luggage - I know we do not travel with a stapler - maybe scotch tape - last year we took a transfer because we arrived on embarkation day - so I think the HAL people stapled them on - I think we will use the hotel's stapler - am I missing something?

Plastic zip ties work well.

glad we are doing the Bon Voyages a week early now:)

We have a) borrowed a stapler from the hotel and now mostly b) just take cable ties and use them. (the plastic ones - just poke a hole before you go):)

Have a great trip

My TA sends me clear plastic baggage tag sleeves which attach to the suitcase with a plastic loop. I just slide the HAL tag inside the sleeve. They can be reused many times before they start to get brittle and crack. Then I change to a new one.

These can be purchased; even CC has some for sale.

Several cruises ago ordered great luggage holders from favors by serendipity dot com, and find they are very sturdy, easy to attach without taking or borrowing a stapler, and can be used indefinitely for travel in general. They are reasonably priced too.

I recently purchased and used the luggage tag holders from favors by serendipity dot com. I was very happy with them But beware the 6 inch plastic loop is a bit short making it somewhat difficult, but I managed. They do offer a 9 inch plastic loop for a little bit more.

My TA sends me clear plastic baggage tag sleeves which attach to the suitcase with a plastic loop. I just slide the HAL tag inside the sleeve. They can be reused many times before they start to get brittle and crack. Then I change to a new one.

These can be purchased; even CC has some for sale.

That's what I'm doing this trip. I have some left over from a promotion we did on another travel website.

We have a small laminator so we laminate the tags, fold them and staple the ends. Then we use a hole punch and tie them to the cases.

See you next week, Travelnanna! Getting very excited - we mainly only have to pack and take our cat to the cattery

Ozcruizer

To be on the safe side I place a luggage tag inside my suitcases.

Not counting the ship's tags, I have other luggage tags inside and outside our suitcases.

Going from home to hotel -- luggage tags inside the suitcases and 2 per suitcase outside the suitcases have the hotel address on them.

Going home I switch everything to another set of tags -- inside and outside -- to our home address.

When we worked I was able to use our office addresses.

Archived