Best way to cave tube?

Sunshinebear717

• 2 weeks later...

We always book on our own. Check out cavetubing dot com. We have went with them twice. It's a great day, you learn a lot of things about their culture, interesting walk to the caves and great food. Not to be missed.

I have 2 reviews in my signature line if you are interested in reading them and seeing tons of pictures. :)

• 1 month later...

Am leaning towards cave-tubing dot com.

I have a few questions for those that have done this tour before. How does it work, as far as clothing is concerned? Do you leave the ship, dressed in your tubing clothes/shoes, and carry the clothes you want to change into afterwards, or do you wear your regular clothes, change for the tubing, then change back again?

Is there a place to keep your belonging secure while you're tubing?

Thanks, in advance.

Am leaning towards cave-tubing dot com.

I have a few questions for those that have done this tour before. How does it work, as far as clothing is concerned? Do you leave the ship, dressed in your tubing clothes/shoes, and carry the clothes you want to change into afterwards, or do you wear your regular clothes, change for the tubing, then change back again?

Is there a place to keep your belonging secure while you're tubing?

Thanks, in advance.

All the cave tubing places go to the same place. There's a huge parking lot and they have a big building with restrooms and changing areas. So you can change when you get there and change back when you get done. It all depends on what you want to do. We always wear our swim suits under our clothes and just take our clothes off when we get there instead of changing.

Your items are left behind and locked up in the van you come in. It's safe and I have never heard of anyone saying a van was broken in to. They usually have people that stays behind and watches the vehicles. No worries and they are locked up.

IMG_5546-M.jpg

P5130470-M.jpg

Thank you, Mitsugirly. Good info.

Can you, or someone, tell me what the hours of this tour are, when using cave-tours dot com?

If there's enough time, I'd like to explore doing something else in Belize. As fun as the tubing sounds, it's a shame that you don't see the city at all, and I don't know if I'll ever visit Belize again.

Thank you, Mitsugirly. Good info.

Can you, or someone, tell me what the hours of this tour are, when using cave-tours dot com?

If there's enough time, I'd like to explore doing something else in Belize. As fun as the tubing sounds, it's a shame that you don't see the city at all, and I don't know if I'll ever visit Belize again.

I don't know the exact hours. I'm sure all of the tour operators know exactly the times the ships are in port and always adjust their times accordingly. Some companies (like .bz) offer a meal at the end, others don't. So think that would also make a difference. Some companies only do the first half of the caves where others go to the end and do all of the caves.

When we did our tour, we went all the way to the end and also did the lunch and we were back in port about 2 hours before the ship left (in case we wanted to do some shopping and then of course you have to tender over to the ship).

Don't worry, you will get to see and hear A LOT about Belize and their culture. Don't forget, it's about a hour drive there and the tour guides will tell you all about their country and point out numerous things along the way while giving the history or explaining things about what they are pointing out. Some also stop along the way to let you see and "try" things (to eat). This hour long drive doesn't even feel like an hour because they are talking to you and giving you a history lesson that is so fascinating, along the way. ;)

Thanks again. Didn't know there were different distances within the caves.

You will come to an area that the path splits off and (at least with .bz) they will ask you if you want to stop and get in here or go on to the end in order to do all of the caves (some companies only take you to this spot and don't get in).

Here is the split:

P5130248-M.jpg

I booked my wife and I with BZ. They showed us a wonderful time - we did the cave and ziplining. The meal afterwards was great! We would go with them again if we make it to Belize. Our guide was Axel and he did a great job!

We used Charlie Chan and his crew on our trip the first week in October. They were really good and the big difference was that they carry the tubes for you. It makes a big difference on the long hot walk and they also took their time. several other groups passed us on the way to the river. I can't recommend them enough!

I don't get how this works.

I understand that you take a tender off the ship to the pier, where you meet your tour guide/driver, who then drives for a while, then you walk for a while, then you tube for a while.

Do you then walk back to where you started so you can change into dry clothes and the bus/shuttle takes you back to the pier? Or is your transportation waiting for you where the tubing ends?

I understand that you take a tender off the ship to the pier, where you meet your tour guide/driver, who then drives for a while, then you walk for a while, then you tube for a while.

Do you then walk back to where you started so you can change into dry clothes and the bus/shuttle takes you back to the pier? Or is your transportation waiting for you where the tubing ends?

You basically end up where you started. You walk upstream then tube downstream back to the bus and restroom area.

You start out here (which is right at the end of the parking lot and past the building where you "gear up" with your equipment)

P5130199-M.jpg

Walking down the path they take you to an area you will walk in to the caves (not much of a cave and kinda open on the side)

IMG_0225-M.jpg

P5130227-M.jpg

Then you will come to this....you have to cross the water in order to continue on the path to where you will get in to the water to tube down it.

P5130204-M.jpg

When you tube back down, this is where you end back up at. (The picture above). So it's kinda the beginning and the end.

However, on the way back, it's a straight shot to the parking lot and you don't go back toward the caves you were in on the way there. Just flat ground. :)

Yes, the driver will pick you up right outside the gates. The guide told us lots of things about Belize on the way. The walk was very interesting too. He shown us different plants that are edible along the trail.

With bz we walked a little farther at first but got to tube two caves. You still end up at the same spot near the base camp and walk back is very short. I heard if you book with carnival you only tube one cave and it costs twice as much, plus they done feed you lunch. Make sure what is included in the package.

We used cave tube r us 10/2, one van, three couples, $50 pp paid at the end of the tour. Very good trip. Stopped at a local grocery on the way for cold drinks and snacks and stopped at a local restaurant on the way back...highly recommend. Tubes had nets in bottom and head rest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

You guys are so good. Thanks to everyone.

I'm thinking more and more of just wearing old tennis shoes I can throw out, rather than buying hard-soled water shoes, judging by the terrain in Mitsugirly's photos.

I was hoping we wouldn't be expected to walk any great distances in wet/dirty clothes.

Thanks again.

Ok, So Spiders like Tarantulas didnt like come out to play in the Rain fore:confused:st did they? I saw videos on You Tube where they are all over Belize and the rain Forest. GOD I HOPE NOT!!! Any way whats everyone's thoughts on this?

Ok, So Spiders like Tarantulas didnt like come out to play in the Rain fore:confused:st did they? I saw videos on You Tube where they are all over Belize and the rain Forest. GOD I HOPE NOT!!! Any way whats everyone's thoughts on this?

LOL, they are not all over the place and you won't see any unless the tour guide can coax them out of their hole in the ground. Not all tour guides do this and .bz "claims" only their guides do it (but who knows, that could just be them saying this and other guides do this as well, I'm not sure).

IMG_5568-M.jpg

IMG_5569-M.jpg

IMG_5570-M.jpg

You will also have to coax out the termites if you want to taste them too. :D

IMG_5567-M.jpg

We always book on our own. Check out cavetubing dot com. We have went with them twice. It's a great day, you learn a lot of things about their culture, interesting walk to the caves and great food. Not to be missed.

I have 2 reviews in my signature line if you are interested in reading them and seeing tons of pictures. :)

Thats who we just booked with. they had the best reviews. they say they are the Masters of te caves... I hope. and I dont want to see the spider..

LOL, they are not all over the place and you won't see any unless the tour guide can coax them out of their hole in the ground. Not all tour guides do this and .bz "claims" only their guides do it (but who knows, that could just be them saying this and other guides do this as well, I'm not sure).

IMG_5568-M.jpg

IMG_5569-M.jpg

IMG_5570-M.jpg

You will also have to coax out the termites if you want to taste them too. :D

IMG_5567-M.jpg

Holy Mother of GOD!! that sucker was huge!!! Wow, your daughter is not only beautiful but brave!!!! My Fiance wants to see the spider and hold it and so does my Grown Daughter , Well she says she does. i dont buy it. Oh BTW your Reviews are OUTSTANDING!!!

Holy Mother of GOD!! that sucker was huge!!! Wow, your daughter is not only beautiful but brave!!!! My Fiance wants to see the spider and hold it and so does my Grown Daughter , Well she says she does. i dont buy it. Oh BTW your Reviews are OUTSTANDING!!!

Thanks. She's very brave and will try just about anything. She was 3 at the time of that 1st review with the tarantula. (Yes, that's what she calls it too. She doesn't say it's a spider, she knows her animals by name lol). She ask to hold it and when it started crawling up her arm, we told her she was not allowed to move...and she didn't. It crawled all the way up to her shoulder and the guide took it off of her and put him back in his "home in the ground". She talks about it all the time. She also volunteered to eat the termites (she did this both times we were there). All I hoped was that when we returned home that she 1) didn't want to try to hold any spiders around the house and 2) she didn't go around eating "bugs". :D I guess 1/2 out of the 2 isn't too bad (She don't hold spiders, but will pick up any bug she can-she goes "hunting" for them under rocks and stones-and she don't eat them). :p

Archived