OBC Now on Cruise Personalizer

cruising1523

Wow. Checked my next trip and it sure does show up. Some issues though.

We have OBC from our TA, FCC and Shareholder. It's all lumped together as a single credit, per passenger. There's no breakdown as to the source of the credits.

My particular concern though is that the credit adds up correctly in USD but we are going on the Dawn Princess and there's a note on the page that says these credits are in AUD! That would have been OK with the exchange rate from a few months ago but as of today that's about a 10% reduction.

Time to complain. Hopefully it's just an error with the new programming.

Only my FCC shows up, no change as far as I can see in my booking.

Maybe it is still a work in process.

I do book through a TA and have a confirmed OBC from being a stockholder but it does not show.

Mike:)

Guest fyree39

That's a nice touch! I see both my husband's and my military OBC listed. It's too early to request the shareholder OBC, but hopefully when the time comes it will be applied and shown without a hitch.

OP--did you book through a TA or directly with Princess? This would indeed be a change if you used a TA.

Military OBC has been visible for all for the past year or two, but shareholder OBC has only been visible to those who booked direct.

I guess my source was correct about this showing effective August 4th. I just looked at my booking and it shows FCC, military and TA credit. Shareholder has just been submitted and is not showing yet.

I don't really need the breakdown. I can do the math.

Thanks for the info, OP. I booked thru a TA and my 'Pax Obc' from the May Balcony Bonanza sale is displayed. It specifically mentions that it's non-refundable. I hadn't checked it before today, though, so I don't know if I could see it before now.

I faxed my Shareholder OBC request last week so it'll be good to see if that gets displayed when it's confirmed.

Thank you. I just checked mine. It is correct except for some Shareholder credits not yet processed.

Now for the bad news. All of my credits are listed together under Pax Obc*, with the * referring to the following note: "*Please enjoy using these credits onboard as they are not refundable."

Although that has been Princess policy for a long time, their accounting system did not distinguish between the refundable and nonrefundable credits, and they often refunded the nonrefundable credits (as documented in several posts on Cruise Critic). With this upgrade, they may now be able to provide the information to the ship, and the credits may now be really nonrefundable.

I will find out next month on a 1-night cruise. I have $100 onboard credits (Military and Shareholder), so I may need to have a good dinner with wine to use it up.

Shareholder credit request was sent in on July 24th and it's still not showing but military, FCC and TA obcs are showing. My husband's credits are also there and it shows a cabin total column with both added together. Pretty neat.

I submitted mine on the 23rd.

Nice catch and THANKS for posting this! I just checked both bookings for my B2B on Royal Princess and all my OBC shows up now. Very nice to have this as a print out too just in case.

I wonder how this will display after I get done purchasing more OBC later next month?

All of my cruises have the correct information (6 cruises).

Princess may be screwing up with the shareholders credits. I faxed mine on July 15th and waited. Nothing applied so I called them Friday. They said not there in their system as they are at July 23rd's faxes now. So I sent it again while the person waited, she received and applied it.

This is the third time in the past year that this has happened. I had started calling them after a few days, they find it and apply it.You will need to know the date and time you faxed it for them to find it.

It is such a relief to be able to check our OBC now. When I book direct it always showed up but now booking with travel agent, it is now there.

All of my cruises have the correct information (6 cruises).

Princess may be screwing up with the shareholders credits. I faxed mine on July 15th and waited. Nothing applied so I called them Friday. They said not there in their system as they are at July 23rd's faxes now. So I sent it again while the person waited, she received and applied it.

This is the third time in the past year that this has happened. I had started calling them after a few days, they find it and apply it.You will need to know the date and time you faxed it for them to find it.

It is such a relief to be able to check our OBC now. When I book direct it always showed up but now booking with travel agent, it is now there.

Good to hear they are currently working on the 23rd, since that's the date I faxed mine. I will wait until midweek and then if no email received, will call them. Still lots of time.

My FCCs and a Princess OBC show up but not the prepaid gratuities or my TA $$. On my confirmation from my TA those are both listed as gifts. Did everyone get this note or is it actually an acknowledgement of the gifts out there??

(Please note that additional credits purchased as a gift for this booking will be available onboard even though they are not visible on this list.)

Will check again in a month after submitting my Shareholder request.

Mailed our stock OBC request off on July 13 and it showed up on our cruise personalizer 5 days later. The FCC and Military had been there already. It's lumped into one amount but easy to figure that we had everything we expected. We've had quick responses just putting the stock request in the mail for the last few cruises since they stopped the email service.

We have OBC from our TA, FCC and Shareholder. It's all lumped together as a single credit, per passenger. There's no breakdown as to the source of the credits.

That's the way we have always found it posted on the onboard account. Most of it as a lump sum and up to us to figure out which, if anything, is the mssing OBC.

My Elite OBC doesn't show.

And probably never will. It never was listed with other OBC on cruise confirmation forms, either directly from Princess or from a TA.

My Elite OBC doesn't show.

It is nice to be able to see the credits. IT can get confusing to keep track of.

There is no such thing as Elite OBC, so have to assume you are referring to Loyalty credit. This will not show up at all. You will just get a card delivered to your cabin.

Archived