Nassau Excursions

We are cruising in Oct on the Enchantment and we know we want to snorkle this time we visit Nassau. Which snorkle company do you recommend? We prefer to do the excursion with RC because we know it will be safer even though it will cost a few extra bucks. We were looking at the Rainbow Reef Tour or Seahorse Sailing/Snorkeling.

We did the catamaran with SeaHorse. It was a great day. Great staff picked us up by the cruise ship pier, very safe. The catamaran was FULL but we got our spot by the hammock over the water and everyone was super nice and everyone was happy! We listened to caribbean music while we went through the ritzy channel (Beyonce & Tiger Woods have houses there) and then swam at a beautiful beach, and then then got back on board and snorkeled off the catamaran right over Cannon Ball Reef. Lots of fish, beautiful water. Plenty of rum punch was available on the ride back (after snorkeling, but non alc drinks were available to purchase beforehand if wanted) and they dropped us off right at the straw market so we could go to Tortuga and pick up some rum cakes. Our CCL ship made us get back on board before 2pm so this was a great choice. We were on board in time for lunch... its a good thing too! (I turned into a mermaid on the catamaran which everyone found quite interesting! They all wanted to give the mermaid rum punch?) Anyway it was a wonderful day. We forgot sun block and even though we were back onboard by 1:30 well let's just say we regretted that decision... don't forget your sunblock!

When we went back a month later, we hugged Sea Lions at Blue Lagoon. Wow! That island is WONDERFUL! I like them BOTH so much, I want to do BOTH next May when I go back!

We had two great excursions in Nassau. My suggestion is to book SOMETHING so that you don't walk around and decide to skip Nassau next time. We liked Nassau so much, we specifically chose our next cruise itinerary because it went there!

Happy sails!

We are cruising in Oct on the Enchantment and we know we want to snorkle this time we visit Nassau. Which snorkle company do you recommend? We prefer to do the excursion with RC because we know it will be safer even though it will cost a few extra bucks. We were looking at the Rainbow Reef Tour or Seahorse Sailing/Snorkeling.

Why do you think it would be safer booking through RCI? So long as you do a little research you not only will save money, but generally can find a less crowded, better (and just as safe) excursion. The port of call boards and roll call boards here on Cruise Critic as well as Trip Advisor are wonderful resources for planning/researching excursions.

We actually booked our SeaHorse through priceline.com for $56. It was a few dollars less than CCL. Not huge. Same tour though.

Still, it's nice to know that your back is covered if you book through RCI. I've had 100% success with awesome excursions, every single one I ever booked through 3 different cruise lines. Going with other companies, I canNOT say that. Some have worked out ok. (Going to Chankanaab park by taxiing there for instance, paying admission.) Some have NOT been what we were hoping for!

And sometimes the cruise line is EXCLUSIVE with the tour company. This was the case with the Sea Lions at Blue Lagoon Nassau. I tried everywhere to book the sea lion encounter through any other tour company, they even had my credit card number and were desperate. They DID NOT have spots or reservations available...because DCL had them all. So we bought 3 spots thru DCl and it was one of the BEST excursions we have had. We liked it so much, our family plans to go back in May! (If only I can see if Sea Horse will TAKE us to BL, that would be PERFECT! Than I could do both...)

We have been to Nassau on two other occasions and one we booked an excursion there on the island and when we were dropped off we were not picked back up so we had to pay twice for cab rides. I'm just nervous to go off with some of the locals that are not backed by the cruise lines. We have done the walking and site seeing in Nassau so thats why we chose a snorkel adventure this time. We didn't want to spend the whole day on the beach and we knew we didn't want to go onto the island really

Archived