Classic package drinks list please

Jo and Rob

"In Europe they have to show the prices including service charge/gratuities, "

Not so -- this does not happen on sailings from Barcelona, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam. Only on sailings originating in England.

"If you have prepaid your gratuities and have the classic drink package

How does that work ...."

Prepaid gratuities have nothing to do with gratuities on drinks. They are done drink by drink or package by package.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but didn't want to start another brand new thread about the drinks package, when someone in the US should be able to answer quickly.

In the UK (on MyCelebrity) website the cost of the drinks packages have been fluctuating since we booked last year. The price is in pounds sterling and includes the 15% tip. I understand its because of the exchange rate between the $ and £. In 2012 I think the cost of the premium package was $54 with 15% added, then in 2013 it's gone up to $56 something. Can someone tell me the exact current daily rate of the premium package in dollars. (Anytime I try to access the US site it always takes me back to the £ price, and can't find it anywhere)

I need this to determine if its best to pay for the package before we travel (in sterling), or to wait till we're onboard where we will be billed in dollars and can use a combination of obc, dollars cash we have and credit card (which will be charged at the current rate of exchange plus fees).

Thanks.

"In Europe they have to show the prices including service charge/gratuities, "

Not so -- this does not happen on sailings from Barcelona, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam. Only on sailings originating in England.

"If you have prepaid your gratuities and have the classic drink package

How does that work ...."

Prepaid gratuities have nothing to do with gratuities on drinks. They are done drink by drink or package by package.

My apologies, my post should read:

On sailings from the UK they have to show the prices including service charge/gratuities, and the drinks package limits are higher to reflect this. With the classic package on Ex-UK sailings you can get beers up to $5.75 and other drinks up to $9.20 (prices include gratuity).

Yes, my friend had one every night after dinner last week.

At the martini bar, there are three martini choices for those with the classic package -- martini, appletini and cosmo. All are the same size as the $10 versions, but made with Absolut instead of Grey Goose.

For the Cosmo they also use Triple Sec instead of Cointreau and I think it is also with cranberry flavored Grey Goose. We had the premium package and my wife ordered a Cosmo at the Martini bar. Later that night we were in the theater and she ordered a Cosmo. It was smaller and didn't taste as good. After the show we went back to the Martini Bar for a Cosmo and asked why it tasted different and the BT told us about the difference. We then asked why she was served the cheaper version when we had the Premium package and he said because it is only served that way at the Martini bar. I guess you could for the better version at the other bars if you what is in it. Every bar has its own special drinks and not every bar makes them the same. The same with the BT's, we have found that some BT's make the drinks better than others even though they are using the same recipe. Many people will say that you shouldn't waste premium alcohol to make mixed drinks, but I have found that it is like anything else, the taste depends on what you use but sometimes the taste you want may come from a cheaper brand.

If you are on a drinks package, one thing that is a good idea to do is get the steward to empty the mini bar in your cabin. That way you can take unopened cans of drink back to your cabin to drink later with no extra charge!

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but didn't want to start another brand new thread about the drinks package, when someone in the US should be able to answer quickly.

In the UK (on MyCelebrity) website the cost of the drinks packages have been fluctuating since we booked last year. The price is in pounds sterling and includes the 15% tip. I understand its because of the exchange rate between the $ and £. In 2012 I think the cost of the premium package was $54 with 15% added, then in 2013 it's gone up to $56 something. Can someone tell me the exact current daily rate of the premium package in dollars. (Anytime I try to access the US site it always takes me back to the £ price, and can't find it anywhere)

I need this to determine if its best to pay for the package before we travel (in sterling), or to wait till we're onboard where we will be billed in dollars and can use a combination of obc, dollars cash we have and credit card (which will be charged at the current rate of exchange plus fees).

Thanks.

Premium alcoholic package

Our Premium Alcoholic Package is one of our most popular beverage packs. For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving.

$62.10 per guest, per day.

UK price

Premium Package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 30% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

*Starting from: 35.64 GBP Per NIGHT

Taken from X websites today 08/08 at 23:14 UK time

So where do drinks like pina coladas and daiquiris fall? Are they $8 or $12 drinks? Would they fall into classic or premium? Do all the bars serve them or just some bars? Are they ever offered 2 for 1 if you don't have the drink pkg?

Those drinks fall into the Classic BP category! They are around $6.50.

Archived