Australian wildlife pre-cruise

Exactly. The only time we got good pics was when the penguins were lit by a hand-held torch and the high-quality camera was put on a slow setting. At Phillip Island, even if you were allowed to take your camera, you wouldn't get a very good result because of the distance visitors are from the birds (and obviously the low level of light). The reason they don't let visitors take cameras to nearly all the penguin sites is that some people don't know how to turn the flash off (even if they can on their camera) and some people wouldn't anyway because they would want to get the pics even if it scared the penguins.

Rules for the few govern the many.:D

• 1 month later...
http://www.bonorong.com.au/

We really enjoyed this. We booked independently of the ship and saved almost half what the ship charged and got to enjoy local bus transportation, too.

I like the looks of the exclusive night tour. Maybe I'll look into that.

We are in Sydney from Friday night until noon on Sunday before our cruise. (Dec) We are staying at Sydney Harbour B&B for two nights

Any ideas what to do with two 18 and 16 year olds and how to get around.

After our 14 day cruise we are going to the Blue Mountains for the day then flying back to The USA

You can also e-mail me mourhaan@aol.com

Thank you

Michelle

We are in Sydney from Friday night until noon on Sunday before our cruise. (Dec) We are staying at Sydney Harbour B&B for two nights

After our 14 day cruise we are going to the Blue Mountains for the day then flying back to The USA

Thank you

Michelle

For the teenagers Luna Park (funfair) is just a short ferry ride across the harbour. Lots of beaches..surf lesson? Jetboat on the harbour. catch from beside the Opera House. lots to do in Sydney.

Sue

Thank you

Michelle

Definitely Bridgeclimb if your budget can accommodate the cost. Maybe also a visit to the world famous Bondi Beach (go across the harbour by ferry). Another suggestion is Taronga Zoo.

Getting around in Sydney is very easy by public transport. Because a lot of attractions are on or close to the harbour, the ferries are an excellent means of transport.

Edited by Aus Traveller

• 1 year later...
Canberra (3 hours south of Sydney with lots od free things to do) has roos everywhere and at Tidbinbilla (a national park nearby) there are Koalas, emus, and if you are really lucky wombats, echidnas and platypus can occasionally be found.:D

I see your the Canberra expert!! Would you think 3/4 days would allow us ample time to explore the area?

thanks