question about Miracle to Alaska

vbecky

Anyone recently off the Miracle were you able to put luggage tag on case of water and have porter take it for you?

There were no porters in Seattle on Jun 2 when we boarded. We had to take all our luggage all the way in to a scanner and then proceed to another line for carry on. Very strange boarding procedure.

We were just there July 30. We had a shuttle from Budget Rental Car drop us off in the "drop off" area and a porter met us there and loaded all the bags we had tags on onto a cart and took them inside. We had 2 cases of soda in a backpack so I'm not sure. I would put the case of water in an empty duffel or something similar and put a tag on it. We went in with just a couple carryons and a backpack.

Have a great time!!! I'm ready to go again. I'll be working on my review shortly.

There were no porters in Seattle on Jun 2 when we boarded. We had to take all our luggage all the way in to a scanner and then proceed to another line for carry on. Very strange boarding procedure.

The porters are there (we sailed from Pier 91 in June), but there's a distance from the drop off area and the actual terminal, so porters are constantly going back and forth. It's not like other terminals where you get off right in front of the building. It's like a T (the horizontal part of the T being the terminal and the vertical part of the T being the drop off area).

When we got off our taxi, a porter was just returning and he just grabbed our bags, made a 180 degree turn and took them inside. My sister and her family arrived in their taxi 5 minutes later and there were no porters to be found, so they went inside the terminal with all their luggage in tow. They went to a designated luggage drop off area and then proceeded to the regular check in line.

OP, If you want a porter and there's nobody in sight at the specific moment you arrive, just hang out for a few minutes and one should be making its way back from a drop off.

Please, please don't put water/ soft drinks in your checked luggage. We watched the uploading of luggage on our July 16th Alaska cruise. The bags are loaded 6 high into crates that are then loaded by fork lift onto the ship. What if your bag was second from the bottom and mine was at the bottom? I really don't want to start my cruise with an evening of laundry. Also just as a side note, We saw multiple bags fall off and when the workers reloaded them they literally threw them on top of any crate. This explains why all your bags don't arrive at the same time. I have seen this loading on several cruises. This is just how it is done. Carnival rules state that water/soda is to be carried on. They have a reason for this. Please have a wonderful cruise. You will love Alaska and the Miracle is an awesome ship.

Archived