Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

By the by- I was about to post a note before they shut down the wine thread. Did a massive search on the topic and it turns up again and again. Once in a while someone takes notes rather than enjoying their wine and cruise and a list turns up here. The last one I could find was 3+ years ago- not even worth linking.

I wish parents would control their bleedin' kids.

Just down to the Club for a spot of brekkies. And there were these kids fingering all the food to see which were the best ones. "Use the tongs - not your fingers" I to said to them. Parents seemed a bit surprised ... but I called the chef and insisted he binned all the fingered items and replaced them.

I've managed with the previous manager to get the lounge declared kids free through happy hour (better arrangements made elsewhere) and now I'm telling them they'll make more cash if it was completely kids free ....

:(

Bravo (on behalf of most of us)

Is there a password or a special handshake I need to join? Should I change my name to YorkshireLassie?

No - we've processed your application and the good news is that YOU'RE IN!

As a 5000+ poster - your elected band is Gold - and your first year is complimentary although all drinks have to be paid for including el Presidente (Life). If you need to leave just ask one of the stocky blokes on the door to stamp your hand and you can bypass the queue.

Welcome aboard!

Absolutely agree- and I was one of those parents who had 3, all with ADHD. We roamed around the world. And I was a complete sargent major with them. It took a lot of work, was not always fun, but they became civilized travelers. They would look at "those" kids and say- They have no manners. I would be inclined to slap the parent upside the head.

Ours to. In fact we were in a lift once with our 3 and the other couple into the lift who'd watched us at dinner said to her husband "Don't these French kids behave well at the table". They thought we were French although the kids in France do at like adults at the table. We've actually had people come to the table and say how well behaved they are. That's nice!:)

Well last night was the big bash to celebrate the 48th Birthday of Singapore. It was a lovely event which we decided to watch from the comfort of the lounge. It made me think about how lucky a state is to be able to start from scratch and having seen so many other states mistakes. Singapore is a wonderful well-ordered society that people sometimes criticise but offers a world that many of us strive for. Happy Birthday Singapore!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376102826.394862.jpg.ac1e0057effa1df8b7078a04c3dc8d72.jpg

Well, we were off again this morning to Botanic Gardens ....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376102892.617180.jpg.aad55358f7b1e757db038a72d3feca70.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376102904.651572.jpg.c7086badae04f995b3da862eaf70f56f.jpg

his

.... and I dunno whether anyone else enjoys orchids, but we went to the National Orchid Garden this morning

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376103051.550268.jpg.fe73b46ea20bbdbda1a89932a5db25f7.jpg

and hope I'm not wasting my time but thought some might enjoy some piccies. Luxury Seems like an orchid man ....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376103109.474681.jpg.0b4ef99801d4c66af76317fbd720fb36.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376103122.419125.jpg.30ecaa277d8af290dc316c456367d614.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376103134.428179.jpg.3f29f8517b94dcd793f0c33b1448bf3a.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376103146.866102.jpg.f389490199d5cefc80f26b59022d3866.jpg

Top Tip: Crinklies over 60 take a photocopy of your passport and instead of $5 they nod you in for $1!

Your man scything his way through the twopical undergwowth in wuwal Singapore jungles in search of orchids ...

Well last night was the big bash to celebrate the 48th Birthday of Singapore. It was a lovely event which we decided to watch from the comfort of the lounge. It made me think about how lucky a state is to be able to start from scratch and having seen so many other states mistakes. Singapore is a wonderful well-ordered society that people sometimes criticise but offers a world that many of us strive for. Happy Birthday Singapore!

[ATTACH]282033[/ATTACH]

Ah, all is revealed. You are attending a troll convention. 48 of the little blue varmints. Confidently expect this post to have a short half life in accordance with the rules.

Might it be wise to have a list of dangerous topics for this thread on the grounds that they have been argued into an early grave elsewhere? I would propose:

1. Smoking

2. Dress Code

3. Children on ships

Add?

Trolls

Are Mr Luxury and Mr Jeff doppelgängers?

Badgers

Handbags at Dawn

Why have my posts been removed

Included wine

Cruise ships I have never been on but I am going to comment anyway

Cruise ships I have been on but I am not going to comment,so there

Serial posters

Sycophantic twaddle

Should leave something for this thread - jest.

Oh, I forgot

Smoking

Time to stop digging?

Edited by MARIANH

I fear I contributed to the loss of the included wine thread - I just looked to see how SS compared with SB, and there were the usual suspects with their 'witty banter' (well some of it is), and nothing about wine.

Much better to have your own special thread, and water cooler seems a good idea, and keep the other threads to more or less the appropriate subject - though certainly smoking and children have been done to death. At least you know not to look at them if you are bored with the topic.

Might it be wise to have a list of dangerous topics for this thread on the grounds that they have been argued into an early grave elsewhere? I would propose:

1. Smoking

2. Dress Code

3. Children on ships

Well, they may have all been done to death before but they'll be new people arriving who I'm sure the debates are new to and many feel is still unresolved business.

I'd suggest that no one should limit what is raised or discussed - we can always point them to any current or previous thread - and we all have the ability to ignore topics we are bored with.

:)

Salutations, me old chops...:D

Marianh, I'm not sure if your question about gin actually got answered in the other thread, but in my experience SS always has Bombay Sapphire on board.

As for the wines, I can't help, it's been 18 months since I cruised with SS.

Jeff, enjoying your pictures of Singapore.

Marianh, I'm not sure if your question about gin actually got answered in the other thread, but in my experience SS always has Bombay Sapphire on board.

As for the wines, I can't help, it's been 18 months since I cruised with SS.

Any answers may have been consigned to the outer darkness. So thanks for the heads up.

Prost

And another thing .......,:o

What about those bleedin' noisy eaters!?:(

Did no one ever tell them to eat with their mouths shut!

urghhhhhhhhh......:rolleyes:

Dees Badgers have no manners. Did you hear there's a proposal to cull them in England? Cruel really, they are so short sighted and won't see it coming.

Dees Badgers have no manners. Did you hear there's a proposal to cull them in England? Cruel really, they are so short sighted and won't see it coming.

Marlene, yous rite!

Ders a bleedin geezer on the nex table and im genna take is bleeding teth away! a plate of crisps sounds like a bleeding army trudgin' throo the beleeding sno.

ort to be a bleedin' crisp eatin lisens.

did you see that post acusin me of bein fattist?!

Me?!

Me wif sez I'm a fat get! I told 'er marlene, I ain bleedin fat - its water retention!.

No what she sed marlene?! " then go to the beleedin toilet more often"?!

aint my falt im a bleeding grumpy fat geeza.:mad:

Marlene, yous rite!

Ders a bleedin geezer on the nex table and im genna take is bleeding teth away! a plate of crisps sounds like a bleeding army trudgin' throo the beleeding sno.

ort to be a bleedin' crisp eatin lisens.

did you see that post acusin me of bein fattist?!

Me?!

Me wif sez I'm a fat get! I told 'er marlene, I ain bleedin fat - its water retention!.

No what she sed marlene?! " then go to the beleedin toilet more often"?!

aint my falt im a bleeding grumpy fat geeza.:mad:

As me mam used to say " fatness is in the eye of the beholder". Well actually she didn't but would of if she adn't bean of generous proporshons 'erself.

She did say u allus nead sometink to fall back on. A grand derrière is therefore good. London is full of them ( the London Derriere as they say in Ireland).

Actually your oedema is nowt to do with H2O, its caused by a surfeit of Siecle.Also, lay off the Lampreys Rodders. Boeuf a la mode.