Winter 2014/15 Itineraries

Finally, it would seem Thomson are booking their ships into ports for next winter. A small start, but a start at least.

Thomson Dream is booked into Gibraltar on Thursday 30 April 2015. It would seem this is its repositioning cruise from the Caribbean to Palma if its the same as every other year. I'd guess so. If it is, a slight shame as after Gibraltar on a Thursday, probably Cartagena on Friday and Palma on Saturday, it will probably be doing the western Med for 2015 again! And I'd thought if they were to get a new, slightly larger ship it would be doing Palma itineraries, so it looks like there won't be many changes then. :(

Anyway, hopefully as this is the start, more ports will start to be filled in. Will keep a lookout for anymore and will update this thread when I do. :)

Finally, it would seem Thomson are booking their ships into ports for next winter. A small start, but a start at least.

Thomson Dream is booked into Gibraltar on Thursday 30 April 2015. It would seem this is its repositioning cruise from the Caribbean to Palma if its the same as every other year. I'd guess so. If it is, a slight shame as after Gibraltar on a Thursday, probably Cartagena on Friday and Palma on Saturday, it will probably be doing the western Med for 2015 again! And I'd thought if they were to get a new, slightly larger ship it would be doing Palma itineraries, so it looks like there won't be many changes then. :(

Anyway, hopefully as this is the start, more ports will start to be filled in. Will keep a lookout for anymore and will update this thread when I do. :)

Good sleuthing Sailaway! ;) Could be they book in 'a' ship at this stage with an idea of perhaps a swap of vessels further down the line - let's hope so. Until the brochure is published (and sometimes after with Thomson :eek:) I guess there could be any amount of shuffling of ships around itineraries as long as they have appropriate berths booked.

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work. :)

If we make it to St Barths, we get 5 new islands in Jan 14. Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao with Latin Gems, and St Barths and Kingstown in St Vincent & the Grenadines on Tropical Treasures. I know they might not be new to you experienced cruisers, but we are really looking forward to these, and are keeping fingers crossed for St Barths.

Hadn't realised when we booked that the Kingstown was different from the Kingstown in St Vincent we did on Tropical Delight in Jan 13.

The ABC Islands, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are fabulous. They are Dutch Islands and, sorry to say this, but far better kept than the British ones :rolleyes:

TBH, some of the towns in the British Islands are, well.... a bit scruffy, to be polite ;)

Of course the scenery is beautiful on all the islands. I mentioned to someone once about how the people are so smartly dressed, but their houses are in need of a lick of paint, to put it mildly :rolleyes: She said that it is probably because, due to the fabulous weather they have, they are probably not in them much, whereas we are indoors quite a bit in this country and like to have our houses looking nice. Good point :)

It's a long flight, but worth it when you get there for some winter sun and colour :)

yep, typical caribbean houses are small wooden single story constructions often with corrugated metal roofs....on many islands there isn’t a lot of stone available for building and you have to be quite well off to be able to afford an expensive imported tiled roof....they suffer from termites and hurricanes so can be a bit shabby on the outside but are beautiful inside….there might be hardly any window left but there will always be a crisp white curtain

when in caribbean at Christmas I often see plastic holly wreaths pinned on their doors, as we do at home but of course they dont get many/any holly trees there...and at the same time their gardens are brimming with the most amazing (and enormous) tropical flowers and blossoms

some islands are much better off than others such as aruba where they have 100% employment

yep...its been a long, long summer for me..... with no caribbean:(;)

I am on ventura at christmas dave.....giving it a try....more sea days and an overnight in barbados....but a balcony.....sigh... a balcony:):cool:

I've just had a letter from Fred to say they are doing a one-off Caribbean fly cruise in Jan 2015 :) It is available to gold members (not us :() today and silver members (still not us :() on Wednesday. We blue members can have what is left on Friday:rolleyes:

It is going to Santiago de Cuba (overnight) and Antigua (overnight) plus Grenada, Curacao, Aruba, Tortola, St Kitts, sailing from Barbados, so must be 3 or 4 days at sea :( and similar to P&O but not going back to Barbados in the middle. Surely there are enough islands to do just 2 days at sea.

Tempting, though a long way off :rolleyes:

A bit of an update. Thomson Dream is now booked into Palma on 02 May 2015, confirming it will once again be doing the western Med for 2015.

Thomson Celebration has been booked into Palma on 13 November 2014, sailing from Civitavecchia and then going to Cartagena. It is then booked into Gibraltar on 16 November. Looks like it is its late repositioning cruise from Marmaris to, I guess, the Canary Islands.

Celebration is then booked again in Gibraltar on 28 April 2015. Looks like its repositioning cruise back from Tenerife to Marmaris for 2015. So again, no changes here.

Can't find anything for Majesty or Spirit. So far, if I'm correct, looks like a similar season to this winter, and summer 2015 will be similar to 2014. :(

Edited by Sailaway487

Can't find anything for Majesty or Spirit. So far, if I'm correct, looks like a similar season to this winter, and summer 2015 will be similar to 2014. :(

Are we sure they will still have Spirit and Majesty in 2015? I think that will be the big question.:confused:

Are we sure they will still have Spirit and Majesty in 2015? I think that will be the big question.:confused:

Maybe not. If there contract does end in 2014, then this will effect the winter season. So if they don't get replacements, they could be looking at a two ship fleet for the season, and the Caribbean and Canary Islands would be the two destinations they'd target, and drop Red Sea for the year. No point in bringing a new ship in for an area that isn't selling.

a two ship fleet......forsure that will hit their profits?....the (soaring at the moment) share price will tumble and then, soon-enough, they wont be able to afford another ship

frazer wont want to be responsible for that.... he's constantly looking for growth

where could majesty (or its replacement) go if they drop the red sea??.....mexico/cuba/jamaica (can majesty cut it across the atlantic??)

didnt frazer announce that there was going to be an exciting announcement soon?? he keeps banging on about modernizing?.....(although he did the same thing last year) perhaps the red sea prob will force their hand

All this talk of the Caribbean has me thinking of a cruise there for winter 14/15, especially with those dutch islands.

choice - Dream or P&O Ventura, must make a price comparison.

Don't forget Azura! She is a fabulous ship, we have had 3 Caribbean cruises on her and will be back for 2015, after doing the Dream for the Caribbean next year, due to changing from a Thomson land based holiday!

Don't forget Azura! She is a fabulous ship, we have had 3 Caribbean cruises on her and will be back for 2015, after doing the Dream for the Caribbean next year, due to changing from a Thomson land based holiday!

I include Azura with Ventura as they are virtually identical apart from the more relaxed dress code on Ventura - no silly jackets acting as tickets to get into venues.

However

I have just booked a caribbean cruise :D

24 nights on P&O Oceana, currently my favourite ship. OK, there are a lot of sea days but I don't mind sea days anymore and as the extra 10 days are costing me just £13 per day it is a no brainer. Ten days in a full board hotel for £130 ;)

What would you rather do, sit at home in a british winter with nothing on the TV and read books. Or sit on a ship reading books while being fed and entertained.

If we make it to St Barths, we get 5 new islands in Jan 14. Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao with Latin Gems, and St Barths and Kingstown in St Vincent & the Grenadines on Tropical Treasures. I know they might not be new to you experienced cruisers, but we are really looking forward to these, and are keeping fingers crossed for St Barths.

Hadn't realised when we booked that the Kingstown was different from the Kingstown in St Vincent we did on Tropical Delight in Jan 13.

Gill, I'm sorry if you thought I was refering to Caribbean cruises I, in no way, meant to diminish your holiday.

Last year we had an interview with Mr. Ellacott and he said Thomsons were looking for a new home port for 2014/15 and a few of us on here were hoping for the Far East. When Sailaway made his announcement I was dissapointed as it's obviously not going to happen.

I should have thought before posting.:o You will have a lovely cruise with some fantastic ports, including St.Barths, and I really didn't mean to offend anyone.

I haven't been offended by any remark. I have re read posts and don't think I have come across as upset or offended by anything, hope not anyway as I love reading comments on here. I was a bit upset with St Barths changing to a sea day, but that has been put right and I am happy happy happy!!!!

I do understand that experienced cruisers will be looking for new ports, and that is fine. No problems here, honest.

a two ship fleet......forsure that will hit their profits?....the (soaring at the moment) share price will tumble and then, soon-enough, they wont be able to afford another ship

frazer wont want to be responsible for that.... he's constantly looking for growth

where could majesty (or its replacement) go if they drop the red sea??.....mexico/cuba/jamaica (can majesty cut it across the atlantic??)

didnt frazer announce that there was going to be an exciting announcement soon?? he keeps banging on about modernizing?.....(although he did the same thing last year) perhaps the red sea prob will force their hand

Hello everyone! Long time reader, but a new poster here!

I've been reading this thread with interest -the word from our local TA for a while now has been that there's going to be a brand new build.

I went in today, and the manager confirmed that it will definitely be either the Spirit or the Majesty leaving at the end of 2014 (as a long time Spirit cruiser I tried to get it out of him but he refused to give away which one it is :p). He also hinted that following a recent meeting in Luton the new build replacement may well be part of the 'Sensatori' range! I don't want to add to the rumour mill, but perhaps this will be the announcement to look out for...?

I've been reading this thread with interest -the word from our local TA for a while now has been that there's going to be a brand new build.

I went in today, and the manager confirmed that it will definitely be either the Spirit or the Majesty leaving at the end of 2014 (as a long time Spirit cruiser I tried to get it out of him but he refused to give away which one it is :p). He also hinted that following a recent meeting in Luton the new build replacement may well be part of the 'Sensatori' range! I don't want to add to the rumour mill, but perhaps this will be the announcement to look out for...?

Sorry to be cynical, but is this the same travel agent who told people that the Dream was a new ship? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello and a warm welcome loolybell! :)

Very interesting! I have a feeling that the manager is most certainly correct about Spirit and Majesty, and I think it will probably be Spirit that will go (although I hope it's Majesty myself).

Now, the other part. I have thought that this might be what they plan if they have a new build as going from their current ship to a brand new ship would be a huge leap, one that probably wouldn't work unless they had a different brand. Thomson Sensatori Cruises then?

Let us know if you here anymore! I will keep a look out to see if there is any info anywhere.

Edited by Sailaway487

ahhhh...... the thomson sensatori.....sounds wonderful...., I can see it now......a brand new ship....gliding gracefully over the sparkling waves, all those balconies gleaming in the sunlight....rows of ‘properly shaken’ cocktails glinting on the frozen ice bar, while a smiling waiter serves you caviar from a mother of pearl dish......:cool::)

strange......I have sudden overwhelming desire to slap my forehead over and over....to fidget a lot and mutter, and stare out of the window blankly.... whilst rocking back n forth in my chair chewing my fingernails.....:o:D