Winter 2014/15 Itineraries

ahhhh...... the thomson sensatori.....sounds wonderful...., I can see it now......a brand new ship....gliding gracefully over the sparkling waves, all those balconies gleaming in the sunlight....rows of ‘properly shaken’ cocktails glinting on the frozen ice bar, while a smiling waiter serves you caviar from a mother of pearl dish......:cool::)

strange......I have sudden overwhelming desire to slap my forehead over and over....to fidget a lot and mutter, and stare out of the window blankly.... whilst rocking back n forth in my chair chewing my fingernails.....:o:D

:D Did you spot those pigs with wings as you were looking out of the window geo? :rolleyes:

I haven't been offended by any remark. I have re read posts and don't think I have come across as upset or offended by anything, hope not anyway as I love reading comments on here. I was a bit upset with St Barths changing to a sea day, but that has been put right and I am happy happy happy!!!!

I do understand that experienced cruisers will be looking for new ports, and that is fine. No problems here, honest.

Oh, what a relief. I thought you thought I was being snobby (and I'm common as muck, honest).

Right thats sorted now to get on with more speculation!;):D

Hello and a warm welcome loolybell! :)

Very interesting! I have a feeling that the manager is most certainly correct about Spirit and Majesty, and I think it will probably be Spirit that will go (although I hope it's Majesty myself).

Now, the other part. I have thought that this might be what they plan if they have a new build as going from their current ship to a brand new ship would be a huge leap, one that probably wouldn't work unless they had a different brand. Thomson Sensatori Cruises then?

Let us know if you here anymore! I will keep a look out to see if there is any info anywhere.

BUT..............if it's new, you all said it takes years to get a new ship. What will we do in the mean time?:confused:

I also would prefer Spirit........I think we need a poll;):D:D

• 2 weeks later...
Got some big news coming!!!! Found some information out, and it looks like there could indeed be changes for next winter.

Will reveal more soon, once I have looked at it all properly... :rolleyes: :D

Oooooh - you tease!!!! How can you do this to us Sailaway????? Perhaps you've got to protect your sources - we don't want a Wikileaks type scandal here - and don't get yourself arrested or locked up :eek: but please do spill a.s.a.p.! I'll be checking in on the hour every hour til you do!!!!:D:D

So, there's the news. Thomson Dream WON'T, I repeat WON'T be sailing around the Caribbean next winter, with Thomson Celebration taking over instead, the first time Thomson have sailed it around the region.

And where is Dream going? Well, it would seem Pacific Mexico, but not confirmed yet.

Wow! That's all very interesting Sailaway. Thanks for that! :)

Given our reservations about this years' itineraries in the Caribbean on Dream i.e. liking the ABC islands - but not the extra sea day involved (wonder if that itinerary isn't selling so well?), I wonder if they are thinking that perhaps Celebration could continue with the Eastern Caribbean islands based out of Barbados - like the pattern done by Dream in 12/13 with one sea day per week and not include the more distant Southern Caribbean islands like curacao. Could that perhaps free up the Dream to base itself strategically for the Southern Caribbean islands plus Cuba, Mexico, Jamaica etc? (Could twin the cruise and stay with Cuba - we flew home from there on one Dream itinerary and they have hotel holidays out there too.)

The attraction of extending the range of Caribbean islands by having two ships servicing completely different ports/areas might seem attractive by encouraging regulars to stick with Thomson in the Caribbean but ring the changes a bit in terms of new destinations. I'm not too hot on the Geography of the Western Caribbean but if the Dream were based at a port in that region could it also open up the possibility of some additional two-week itineraries for the likes of the Panama Canal too?

Keep up the good work Sailaway. Interesting times. And thanks again for the research! :)

Great to think there might be something new afoot - even if it's not the Far East! ;)

Do you think it could include sailing through the Panama Canal? :)

I got the impression from others that the Pacific Mexican resorts are not half as good as the ones on the Caribbean coast, for land based holidays, that is. Not sure what excursions could be done?

wow! celebration will have balconies by then....fantastic for caribbean:cool:

I can see me now sipping a mojito in horizons while sailing away from caribbean islands each evening.....lovely

only one prob?

sunbed wars are worse on celebration than on dream...... and the wobble?....can it cut it?? (ok that was 2 probs)

and

where's the dream going?....pacific...panama....wow!:cool:

Edited by geomagot

Wow! That's all very interesting Sailaway. Thanks for that! :)

Given our reservations about this years' itineraries in the Caribbean on Dream i.e. liking the ABC islands - but not the extra sea day involved (wonder if that itinerary isn't selling so well?), I wonder if they are thinking that perhaps Celebration could continue with the Eastern Caribbean islands based out of Barbados - like the pattern done by Dream in 12/13 with one sea day per week and not include the more distant Southern Caribbean islands like curacao. Could that perhaps free up the Dream to base itself strategically for the Southern Caribbean islands plus Cuba, Mexico, Jamaica etc? (Could twin the cruise and stay with Cuba - we flew home from there on one Dream itinerary and they have hotel holidays out there too.)

The attraction of extending the range of Caribbean islands by having two ships servicing completely different ports/areas might seem attractive by encouraging regulars to stick with Thomson in the Caribbean but ring the changes a bit in terms of new destinations. I'm not too hot on the Geography of the Western Caribbean but if the Dream were based at a port in that region could it also open up the possibility of some additional two-week itineraries for the likes of the Panama Canal too?

Keep up the good work Sailaway. Interesting times. And thanks again for the research! :)

Great to think there might be something new afoot - even if it's not the Far East! ;)

I think you might be correct about it doing just the eastern Caribbean as it is booked into St Maarten every other week, suggesting just two back-to-back itineraries each week instead of three.

sorry..... (I'm so excited) I forgot to say:o

many thanks for this sailaway.....fantastic work (thumbup):cool::cool:

Thank you! Been waiting for something to appear on the St Maarten schedules for a while now so was quite surprised when finally there was something. :D

Just to add, Celebration has been booked into Funchal on 28 November for its repositioning cruise over to Barbados.

Oddly, Dream is still listed on Madeira's schedules for every Monday from the beginning of October to the end of December. Still think this is a mistake though.

Do you think it could include sailing through the Panama Canal? :)

I got the impression from others that the Pacific Mexican resorts are not half as good as the ones on the Caribbean coast, for land based holidays, that is. Not sure what excursions could be done?

Panama would be great! Will see if I can find anything on that.

wow! celebration will have balconies by then....fantastic for caribbean:cool:

I can see me now sipping a mojito in horizons while sailing away from caribbean islands each evening.....lovely

only one prob?

sunbed wars are worse on celebration than on dream...... and the wobble?....can it cut it?? (ok that was 2 probs)

and

where's the dream going?....pacific...panama....wow!:cool:

All of a sudden the addition of balconies on Celebration makes sense. :D

Just a thought, I'm surprised in some ways that Celebration is doing Caribbean cruises. With Majesty being larger, and the Caribbean being the most popular winter destination, you would think it would be doing them. I suppose Thomson make more money off Celebration, so from that point it makes more sense, but if it is to be the only ship around the Caribbean (which might not be the case) they will be able to fill it rather quickly. :confused:

Strengthens the thought that Dream will be in the Caribbean also, or that Majesty won't be around.

Just a thought, I'm surprised in some ways that Celebration is doing Caribbean cruises. With Majesty being larger, and the Caribbean being the most popular winter destination, you would think it would be doing them. I suppose Thomson make more money off Celebration, so from that point it makes more sense, but if it is to be the only ship around the Caribbean (which might not be the case) they will be able to fill it rather quickly. :confused:

Strengthens the thought that Dream will be in the Caribbean also, or that Majesty won't be around.

I cant see them continuing with a 2 ship fleet for any length of time??

where will they put all those (new to cruising) ex sensatori/resort holidaymakers/cruise & stayers that they have been recruiting/seducing for the past year??