Winter 2014/15 Itineraries

I cant see them continuing with a 2 ship fleet for any length of time??

where will they put all those (new to cruising) ex sensatori/resort holidaymakers/cruise & stayers that they have been recruiting/seducing for the past year??

3 ship fleet then? Celebration in Caribbean, Dream doing something different and Spirit perhaps in Canaries with Majesty going?

they seem to have done it again :confused: (as they did with majesty in red sea & celebration in canaries)?

why deploy a smaller ship on the most popular itineraries?.....its not making sense to me?

as sailaway says......celebration in caribbean would fill up rather quickly:(

and

tbh, it would make better sense to have a big ship in the caribbean rather than 2 smaller ships? (from a profits point of view)

hi sailaway keep up the good work and thank,s no1 HERE WE GO PUERTO VALLARTA CABO SAN LUCAS L.A. OVER NIGHT STAY AND BACK NO2 PUERTO VALLARTA HUATULCO PUERTO CHIAPAS PUERTO QUETZAL GUATEMALA NO3 LAST OF ALL PUERTO VALLARTA CORITO NICARAGUA PUERTO CALDERA COSTA RICA I HOPE THIS HELPS KEEP IT GOING

hi sailaway keep up the good work and thank,s no1 HERE WE GO PUERTO VALLARTA CABO SAN LUCAS L.A. OVER NIGHT STAY AND BACK NO2 PUERTO VALLARTA HUATULCO PUERTO CHIAPAS PUERTO QUETZAL GUATEMALA NO3 LAST OF ALL PUERTO VALLARTA CORITO NICARAGUA PUERTO CALDERA COSTA RICA I HOPE THIS HELPS KEEP IT GOING

Thank you very much! Will have a good look and see if I can find anything. ;)

Hi don't know if its any use but for Cayman Port the Thomson Dream appears to be there on Dec 10th 2013, and for 2015 Jan 05th, 19th, Feb 09th, March 02, 23 April 13th.

Hope this info is not misleading

Len

Well done Len :D no I don't think it's misleading - I think you've latched onto something there. I'd been searching in that vicinity but with no success. But Cayman looks promising for Cuba and Jamaica - just got to find out where else it might be!

I wonder if they'll try some two week itineraries to allow tham to get further afield from the base port. That seems to be the limiting factor on their current itineraries from Barbados - some great ports of call but makes doing something rather new a bit difficult.

Ooooh exciting!

Hi don't know if its any use but for Cayman Port the Thomson Dream appears to be there on Dec 10th 2013, and for 2015 Jan 05th, 19th, Feb 09th, March 02, 23 April 13th.

Hope this info is not misleading

Len

Yay!!!! Well done Len, you've found where Dream is going to be. Interesting dates though. At the start they're every fortnight, suggesting perhaps back-to-back 7 night itineraries, but then they become more spread out. Perhaps special 14 night itineraries again like Dream did one year?

Now the question is, where is Dream in November and December, and where will it be homeporting? Also Barbados or perhaps Dominican Republic again?

by a process of elimination

we can eliminate grand caymen as a homeport as its a tender port

but

montego bay is not far......thoms fly there and have several resorts there....same for the dreaded dom rep?....(but dr had a lot of bad press lately?)

I cant see them getting thru the redtape to homeport in cuba...too expensive

montego bay would be a great homeport imo....head north for cuba, caymen islands, bahamas and head south for cozumel, panamar & costa rica:cool::cool:

I am finding this all really v exciting....have got my heart set on it now.....hopes I'm not heading for disappointment:o

by a process of elimination

we can eliminate grand caymen as a homeport as its a tender port

but

montego bay is not far......thoms fly there and have several resorts there....same for the dreaded dom rep?....(but dr had a lot of bad press lately?)

I cant see them getting thru the redtape to homeport in cuba...too expensive

montego bay would be a great homeport imo....head north for cuba, caymen islands, bahamas and head south for cozumel, panamar & costa rica:cool::cool:

I am finding this all really v exciting....have got my heart set on it now.....hopes I'm not heading for disappointment:o

Montego Bay would be a good option.

Of course, this does all mean that there probably won't be a new destination now for next winter. :(

Still, at least they're offering something different to this winter it seems.

Found the old itineraries that Dream did in 2010/11, the rather complicated 14 night ones. Will try and see if it is booked into any of these ports.

It was based on a three week cycle and you could only book for a two week period but had the choice of a combination of three itineraries:

A Barbados to Cuba (middle day in Jamaica with people joining/leaving)

B Jamaica to Barbados (middle day Cuba)

C Cuba to Jamaica (middle day Barbados)

I've been trying some of the ports we went to starting from Barbados: Cozumel, Roatan, Aruba, Curacao, Gr Cayman, Costa Maya (we missed that but was on the itinerary), jamaica and Havana (overnight) but with no joy. Obviously not finding the right cruise timetable sites.

The itineraries were brilliant though! Hope they are doing something similar - perhaps not spending time going back to Barbados though if Celebration's covering that area and perhaps giving scope to to explore further east - including the Panama Canal perhaps. Interesting times! :)

P.S. Thanks for all the research and info gathering Sailaway, I certainly appreciate your efforts. ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

If anybody has any ideas of the ports that Dream could dock in Pacific Mexico, it would be a great help. :D

I used to sail out of LA many years ago and down to Mexico, that was fabulous. Had many lovely cruises down there, and through the Panama Canal to come back to the Caribbean. Would love to book for that and take a trip down memory lane.

Sweby

Montego Bay would be a good option.

Of course, this does all mean that there probably won't be a new destination now for next winter. :(

Still, at least they're offering something different to this winter it seems.

We've sailed out of Dominican Republic and Motego Bay, and if it doesn't make any difference to the ports of call I have to say I would choose D.R. every time. We were straight through the airport and checked in on the dock. Whereas in M. Bay we were ages getting through immigration and the traffic jams to the port were ridiculous.

So, there's the news. Thomson Dream WON'T, I repeat WON'T be sailing around the Caribbean next winter, with Thomson Celebration taking over instead, the first time Thomson have sailed it around the region.

And where is Dream going? Well, it would seem Pacific Mexico, but not confirmed yet.

As I was getting excited and carried away with myself :o, I just remembered about last year when Thomsons put the wrong names of the ships in ports.:confused:

Just a thought before we write the brochure.;)

As I was getting excited and carried away with myself :o, I just remembered about last year when Thomsons put the wrong names of the ships in ports.:confused:

Just a thought before we write the brochure.;)

Its like waiting for Christmas to see what you will get when you were a kid. All the excitement and anticipation... and then you find it is another tangerine and a few nuts at the bottom of your stocking again!

Sweby

Ps. We could easily write the brochure:D

We've sailed out of Dominican Republic and Motego Bay, and if it doesn't make any difference to the ports of call I have to say I would choose D.R. every time. We were straight through the airport and checked in on the dock. Whereas in M. Bay we were ages getting through immigration and the traffic jams to the port were ridiculous.

We flew back from Montego Bay and it was a horrible airport. Very rude staff who made us wait in line in stifling heat, then barked at people to "Get back and come through the security scanner when I say":D:D

Its like waiting for Christmas to see what you will get when you were a kid. All the excitement and anticipation... and then you find it is another tangerine and a few nuts at the bottom of your stocking again!

You are giving your age away Sweby :rolleyes: I bet they don't have tangerines and nuts at the bottom of their stocking nowadays :D

You are giving your age away Sweby :rolleyes: I bet they don't have tangerines and nuts at the bottom of their stocking nowadays :D

They don't have stockings, they have sacks:D. Mind you I think they like a stocking aswell.;)

Thomson Dream has now been booked into Madeira on 20 November for its repositioning cruise, so slightly earlier than Celebration's.

Also means that the other dates for Dream in Funchal are indeed incorrect (as I probably thought). Would expect either Spirit or Majesty to replace these, or perhaps something new. Maybe that is why Dream was originally put down for these dates as they don't know what the new ship was going to be called? Or perhaps I am dreaming... :D

Edited by Sailaway487

Was thinking, if they are having two ships in the Caribbean, then either:

a. they are dropping a destination, most likely the Red Sea.

b. all four ships will be operating for the full season (so no ship given back to Louis at any point) to accommodate the current winter destinations and two ships in the Caribbean.

c. there is going to be a new addition to the fleet for the winter, so that they can give Spirit back to Louis over the winter as usual.

I would guess they might be doing option 'a', but then I would have thought they were planning this season a long time in advance, so would they have decided to drop the Red Sea for next year so far in advance? :confused:

Perhaps though, if one of Majesty or Spirit leases are not going to be renewed, maybe they want to use them for the full winter season before they go?

Edited by Sailaway487

We flew back from Montego Bay and it was a horrible airport. Very rude staff who made us wait in line in stifling heat, then barked at people to "Get back and come through the security scanner when I say":D:D

Totally Agree Linda, horrible airport, the security staff tried to steal my camera....

• 2 weeks later...

Mentioned it on my blog, but Island Escape is going to be doing the western Med once again in April 2015, docking in Nice. No dates yet in Palma Mallorca.

Not winter 2014/15 based, but was just going through some old threads today to see when the summer dates were usually put in schedules, and this time last year dates for Norway were already put in the schedule, as at the time there was concern that ex-UK itineraries might have been stopping, but then Spirit appeared on them in August confirming they were keeping ex-UK.

But, so far, no bookings for anyway Norwegian ports, unlike last year. Are we going to have another case of no ex-UK cruises? :confused:

Edited by Sailaway487