Winter 2014/15 Itineraries

Hi

Ive been away on the Celebration for Xmas a couple of years ago for a week.

Loved it!!

I want to try a week away over the New Year period and flying from Newcastle.

Does anyone know where Majesty and Spirit will be then?

Any good/bad feedback on a New Year only cruise with Thomson would be appreciated

I guess Celebration and Dream will be in the caribean?

:p

Majesty should, I think, be in the Canaries and Spirit will probably be given back to Louis. Spirit might be doing some cruises from Limassol in November. Hoping to get some clarification tomorrow from Fraser about the plans. ;)

Booked onto the Celebration on 15 th Nov 2014 going to the Caribbean sailing from Malaga to Gibraltar then Tenerife then transatlantic this will be our third time doing this Destiny, Dream now Celebration flying from Manchester 15 nights and free all inclusive upgrade all under 2500 pounds for both of us. If you want a bargain have a look. Let me know what you think.

Final press release issued for the remainder of the winter 2014/15 season.

Thomson Dream will sail from Malaga in November. Sailing the Iberian Escapade itinerary (Lisbon, Porto, Cadiz, Tangier and Gibraltar). It will then sail to Montego Bay for its Caribbean and Central America itineraries.

Thomson Celebration as mentioned before will be sailing from Barbados for the Caribbean.

Thomson Majesty is sailing the Canary Islands from Tenerife. Only mention of an itinerary is Midnight Magic cruise (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, La Gomera, Arrecife, Fuerteventura, Funchal) so whether the Colourful Coasts and Canarian Flavours have been dropped in favour of JUST this itinerary. If this is the case, then Agadir has been dropped completely! In the blurb at the bottom it does mention the Colourful Coasts itinerary, but then describes the itinerary above. As I say, the press release doesn't make this clear though. The New Year itinerary will include an overnight stay in Funchal. I have a feeling that this New Year cruise is probably called Midnight Magic and the main itinerary is Colourful Coasts still, but the new revised version without Agadir?

Thomson Spirit will be sailing from Cyprus for the Ancient Affair itinerary (Alanya, Marmaris, Santorini, Ashdod) and the Aegean Gems (Kusadasi, Piraeus, Aghios Nikolaos, Rhodes, Alanya). No indication of the dates though of these. I doubt it will be for the full season, most likely for November and April. If it is not sailing in April, then that would give an idea that it Spirit won't be returning for summer 2015. Will see if it is or not next week.

Also some one off itineraries (most likely repositioning cruises): Spanish Escapes, Cultural Classics, Mediterranean Flavours and Taste of the Mediterranenan; but no dates, ship details or ports given for these.

Finally, the brochure is introducing augmented technology, so that videos can be shown on smart phones and tablets through using the Aurasma app.

Itineraries go on sale next week, Thu 12 December.

Full press release from Thomson can be found here:

http://communicationcentre.thomson.co.uk/News/Thomson-Cruises-gets-techy-with-new-Winter-2014-15-programme-and-announces-new-Port-o-call-1b6.aspx

Edited by Sailaway487

Final press release issued for the remainder of the winter 2014/15 season.

Thomson Spirit will be sailing from Cyprus for the Ancient Affair itinerary (Alanya, Marmaris, Santorini, Ashdod) and the Aegean Gems (Kusadasi, Piraeus, Aghios Nikolaos, Rhodes, Alanya). No indication of the dates though of these. I doubt it will be for the full season, most likely for November and April. If it is not sailing in April, then that would give an idea that it Spirit won't be returning for summer 2015. Will see if it is or not next week.

Also some one off itineraries (most likely repositioning cruises): Spanish Escapes, Cultural Classics, Mediterranean Flavours and Taste of the Mediterranenan; but no dates, ship details or ports given for these.

hard to guess what they are classing as winter till the brochures out ,but it doubt they would only use Spirit for a short spell, hardly worth putting the entertainment package together for that, im back on Spirit last cruise so ill see if anybody has any more news yet regarding its future, the way ellacott worded things i would say things look positive and would tie up with what i already know

• 2 weeks later...

I see dream will be homeporting in Montego Bay in Jamaica

I also see Princess are pulling out of stopping in Jamaica, it is just too dangerous. Montego Bay is named as one of the danger spots.

It would certainly put me off a Dream cruise.