Liberty - Western Itinerary - Debarkation Process

BeakerR

I have read that because this itinerary stops in Belize that the debarkation process can take longer on this ship than other ships that don't stop in Belize. For anyone that has been on the Liberty and visited Belize, are you able to comment on how the debarkation process is handled? Should we attempt to debark ASAP to avoid lengthy lines/delays? We have FTTF and a noon flight out of Miami and just want to make sure that we will be OK to make the flight in time. THANKS!!!!

It's been a few years, but if i remember correctly it didn't take longer than usual. We usually schedule flights around 11:00-12:00, and have always been to the airport in plenty of time.

I don't think it was a standard situation. I believe there were a few weeks or months when some issue with Belize caused added Customs activity, which slowed everything down.

It did not affect my Western cruises.

I have not done this but it can be delayed. Last weekend, the Liberty had returned from the Western run and we were there waiting to board for the Eastern. We got to the port at 11 AM and they were still disembarking passengers. They didn't start boarding for our sailing until noon.

What's the rationale/connection between Belize and delays, if any? Going to be visiting there on my next cruise and have an 1145 flight out of MIA. My last cruise visiting Belize I did not notice any delays getting back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

What's the rationale/connection between Belize and delays, if any? Going to be visiting there on my next cruise and have an 1145 flight out of MIA. My last cruise visiting Belize I did not notice any delays getting back.

We visited Belize in 2012 and I also don't remember any delays getting off the ship.

Guessing it would be drugs.

Archived