Pics from the Panama trip

popcan

Should have done this much sooner, but anyhow, here's a few pics from our panama trip earlier this year...

Our itinerary took us from Ft Lauderdale to the ABC's, Cartagena, through the Canal, and then up the west coast.

What a great itinerary! I don't see it offered next year, so I'm glad DW spotted it!

We must have taken almost 3000 pics. Here's a small sample. (I like birds...lol).

Snowy Egret, Mexico

_1050993.jpg

Brown Pelican, Bubali Bird Sanctuary

_1050175.jpg

Crested Cara Cara

_1050145.jpg

Little girl in Nicaragua

_1050780.jpg

View from Emmasbrug Bridge

_1040998.jpg

In Costa Rica

_1050692.jpg

Nice photos!

As a bit of a photography buff I was curious as to camera and lens combination. Would you mind sharing that info with us too, please.

Should have done this much sooner, but anyhow, here's a few pics from our panama trip earlier this year...

Our itinerary took us from Ft Lauderdale to the ABC's, Cartagena, through the Canal, and then up the west coast.

What a great itinerary! I don't see it offered next year, so I'm glad DW spotted it!

We must have taken almost 3000 pics. Here's a small sample. (I like birds...lol).

Snowy Egret, Mexico

_1050993.jpg

Brown Pelican, Bubali Bird Sanctuary

_1050175.jpg

Crested Cara Cara

_1050145.jpg

Little girl in Nicaragua

_1050780.jpg

View from Emmasbrug Bridge

_1040998.jpg

In Costa Rica

_1050692.jpg

Nice photos!

As a bit of a photography buff I was curious as to camera and lens combination. Would you mind sharing that info with us too, please.

Thanks for the kind comments- but you would have to work very hard NOT to get some nice pictures on a trip like this.

For camera equipment I was using Panasonic Lumix GF-1, and a bunch of native panasonic lenses. This is the so-called "Micro four thirds system", which is mirror-less and utilizes a smaller sensor than a regular DSLR camera. It does have limitations as a result, in terms of ultimate image quality, etc. But the gains are that it is a very small and very light camera, which makes it ideal for travel. The majority of bird pics were taken with a 45-200 zoom.

Long ago I abandoned my full sized cameras as too heavy, especially since I like to have 3 or 4 lenses along.

In the next little while I will post up a few more, since you ask!

cheers!

I have to say I am impressed with the detail and color rendition for such a small sensor. Very nice and thank you for the response.

Thanks for the kind comments- but you would have to work very hard NOT to get some nice pictures on a trip like this.

For camera equipment I was using Panasonic Lumix GF-1, and a bunch of native panasonic lenses. This is the so-called "Micro four thirds system", which is mirror-less and utilizes a smaller sensor than a regular DSLR camera. It does have limitations as a result, in terms of ultimate image quality, etc. But the gains are that it is a very small and very light camera, which makes it ideal for travel. The majority of bird pics were taken with a 45-200 zoom.

Long ago I abandoned my full sized cameras as too heavy, especially since I like to have 3 or 4 lenses along.

In the next little while I will post up a few more, since you ask!

cheers!

Archived