We had the Drink Pkg on Oasis-Review

kimann

It says at private islands such as Haiti all drinks are included, how does that work? Are the drinks there the same prices as on the ship? Seems like it might at least be break even except for on port days but if one of those days includes all drinks I think it's a no brainier. From my calculations if I think I will drink more than 7 rum and cokes a day then it's worth it, my roommate may not which is the huge problem with this program, everyone in cabin over 21 must do it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have a similar problem in that my daughter doesn't drink alcoholic beverages. Talked with Rcl and was told I could purchase the package for just me once we were on the ship. Hope this helps.

When do you sail? If everyone over 21 in cabin didn't have to that would be great!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Okay, we were leaning towards getting the drink package, we also thought that Red Bull was included as a mixer. I did find where it is listed as being included. Does anyone know if this information

I can only answer from our experience on Oasis last week and Red Bull was not included as a mixer for us.

It says at private islands such as Haiti all drinks are included, how does that work? Are the drinks there the same prices as on the ship?

There are bars on Labadee and the drink prices are the same as on the ship, I don't think they had the most extensive selection of liquor, but for sure beer and rum :) You can't get the specialty cups the guys walk around with on the package, but you can go to the bar and get the same frozen drink without the cup.

Okay, we were leaning towards getting the drink package, we also thought that Red Bull was included as a mixer. I did find where it is listed as being included. Does anyone know if this information is wrong?

]

This past April I had the drink package on the Jewel of the Seas. I had a Red Bull and Vodka with the drink package with no issues. Not sure why the Oasis wouldn't, perhaps the wait person was still learning the rules of the package and got confussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Lots of great info here - thanks everyone :) Any idea what the softdrink package costs on the Radiance ? Also, can someone please explain the souvenir glass thing to this newbie ? Many thanks !

The soft drink package costs $6.50 per day for adults 18 and over, $4.50 per day for those under 18. A 15% gratuity is added.

Also, can someone please explain the souvenir glass thing to this newbie ? Many thanks !

Souvenir glasses are offered with all the drinks of the day, along with other specialty drinks - they make the drink cost a few bucks more. However, ALL drinks are available without the special glass if requested. If you have the drink package, and want the glass, you just pay the difference in price - usually $2-3

So we had the Premium Drink Pkg on Oasis last week and I researched it on this board so much before we left I thought someone might like some feedback from us.

1) Was is worth it? Totally subjective. I am sure we didn't drink enough to break even on 2 of the days but we were close to over on all the others. The benefit as others have said was the mental release to try new things and not have to worry about paying for each drink. We purchased the package online and I loved not having all those extra drink charges on the setsail account.

2) Can you have Red Bull on the pkg? Not any where we found on Oasis. I thought this would be a deal breaker, but really it wasn't. There were so many other things to try. I would encourage you to get your hands on a drink menu the first day and start shopping :)

3) Did we sign receipts? Suprisingly most of the time we didn't. The pool waiter said they only bring them if you ask (which I did so I could tip him extra). I could buy additional drinks for my kids on my card and request to pay for them. Did that several places and had no problems or confusion (and I did have to sign then). The only place that's different is the Promenade in the bar by the pizza place. It's electronic and you had to sign the machine.

4) Did we miss having the soda cups for the freestyle machines? Another surprise for me-No we didn't. The bar soda was fine and the cups were plenty big, not those tiny ones they used to have. My 20 something kids had the soda pkg and they didn't really use the machines that much either...

5) Wine? We had a choice of St. Martin Cab, Merlot, Chardonnay, a white zin of some kind and a sparkling. Husband tried the Merlot and said it was drinkable. We ate at Park 150 and he got the wine pairing which bugged me because I had already paid for the drink pkg, but it was wonderful, so worth the $75. They did tell us that they are a "special" restaurant and didn't carry the house wine, but I didn't have any trouble getting my Grey Goose Cosmos with the pkg there. No problem at all getting house wine and cocktails at Giovanni's or Chops.

6) Was service any different? Not a single bit and we didn't ever wait on a cocktail.

7) Will we do it again? Yes, I'm pretty sure we will.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Kim

We did the same package. I don't remember much of the week - my memories are scattered - but they (the police) tell me I was having a good time. But that's subjective I guess.

OK, I heard about who likes it & who dosen't but my question is WHAT DOES IT COST? I am not leaving till Jan.so I can't get a price onlie. I mean the alcohol pre-paid package.

ONTIME

7 night cruise it's about 770.00 for 2 people

5) Wine? We had a choice of St. Martin Cab, Merlot, Chardonnay, a white zin of some kind and a sparkling. Husband tried the Merlot and said it was drinkable. We ate at Park 150 and he got the wine pairing which bugged me because I had already paid for the drink pkg, but it was wonderful, so worth the $75. They did tell us that they are a "special" restaurant and didn't carry the house wine, but I didn't have any trouble getting my Grey Goose Cosmos with the pkg there. No problem at all getting house wine and cocktails at Giovanni's or Chops.

Is this the complete list of wine that is included in the Premium Drink Package? Not even one Pinot Noir?

Is this the complete list of wine that is included in the Premium Drink Package? Not even one Pinot Noir?

Royal purposely does not specify what constitutes "house wine". So you might find differences ship to ship. All we know here is what's been reported back to Cruise Critic from people on board the ships, and what you listed above is what's been reported the most.

I usually drink VRB's (Vodka Red Bulls) would they be included in the package do you remember?

We could get red bull vodka at about every bar we went to on the allure. It's funny... Somebody saw me ordering it and they asked the bar tender if you could just order red bull and she said no... Must be with the vodka... Ok twist my arm.... Lol

Going to be on the Allure 9/8.

Thanks for your review. Already bought the package but cannot wait to order drinks like the baller I am not.

I am going to be trying anything and everything. If it has any alcohol, I will consume it...until I get sick.

But I usually don't drink a lot so we will see how this works out for me LOL.

Archived