Vow Renewal Ladies

GiselaS

Husband and I will be renewing vows on NCL Jewel in October this year. We are booked in a family suite with all 3 of our kids and my parents will have the adjoining cabin. I believe the basic package is $250 on NCL, there is an upgraded package for $500 that includes choice spot on ship and ceremony performed by the actual captain. Where as the basic package the ceremony is performed by an officer.

I picked out an actual wedding dress - not my first choice- but once I put this dress on, I knew it was THE ONE. It is ivory with champagne colored sash. It fits me like a glove and I am 41!

I'll let you know how it goes (with some pictures) when we get back in late October.

Really enjoying seeing the photos of others as they renewed their vows. Here are a couple of the photos from our ceremony on the Grand Princess in January 2012 for our 41st. The ship's captain performed the ceremony and we went with the standard vows during the actual ceremony. Afterwards, out on the balcony, we privately recited our own vows to each other. We were also given a nicely printed version of the Captain's vows.

352840139_Image(5).jpg.bda2c371a03464bc14aaf26604039ff9.jpg

1290226854_Image(7).jpg.d194a54f44d3b00a91860c8fdedc4790.jpg

Your dress is beautiful and I should image that in champagne it will be perfect.

My husband and I renewed our vows on the Grand Princess in Janaury 2012 and while it was just the two of us, it was perfect. As I recall, the Princess basic package was only $250 and was a bargain for what we got - beautiful bouquet, boutonniere, use of wedding chapel decorated with several large floral arrangements, music of our choice (Elvis' - Wonder of You and Turtles - Happy Together), 8x10 photo with frame, champagne with flutes to keep and chocolates. Our ceremony was performed by the Captain and attended by several others of the ships staff. Of course, we did spend more as we purchased the video and several other photos, all of which were really good. Our ceremony was during what was our traditional dinner time, so arrangements were made for us in the main dining room for a later hour. We were met by the maitre'd and shown to a private table for 2 and had a waiter assigned to just us. We had the scheduled dinner and then were give a delicious small cake to share, including our own little cake cutting ceremony. We did not have a choice of dates but our renewal was on the first formal night which for us was the day before our 41st anniversary. It was fun walking around the ship afterwards as we received many compliments and congratulations. My dress was a short, royal blue lace with black liner, fitted bodice and full skirt which I accessorized with a sequined belt - not exactly wedding style but then again it was a renewal and my husband helped me pick it out.

My advice to anyone who has ever considered renewing their vows is go for it. We found it to be an extremely emotional and meaningful event and a great reminder of what brought us together.

We are planning a cruise on Royal Princess for Nov. 2014 to celebrate our 35th. & I would love to do the vow renewal so I have a question.

Do you pay for it in advance? And I did see that you said you couldn't request a certain date, is that correct? I would like to do it on the 10th. as that is our wedding date.

Thanks for any help. :)

We are planning a cruise on Royal Princess for Nov. 2014 to celebrate our 35th. & I would love to do the vow renewal so I have a question.

Do you pay for it in advance? And I did see that you said you couldn't request a certain date, is that correct? I would like to do it on the 10th. as that is our wedding date.

As I recall, yes, you pay in advance. We booked our cruise only 2 months before sail date and I think we booked the vow renewal shortly thereafter. You do not get a choice of dates and only find out your date once you board. Ceremonies seem to be scheduled for sea days / formal nights. You are assigned a customer relations person who is your contact. We had an excellent experience and I'd be happy to answer any other questons you may have.

As I recall, yes, you pay in advance. We booked our cruise only 2 months before sail date and I think we booked the vow renewal shortly thereafter. You do not get a choice of dates and only find out your date once you board. Ceremonies seem to be scheduled for sea days / formal nights. You are assigned a customer relations person who is your contact. We had an excellent experience and I'd be happy to answer any other questons you may have.

Thanks for the info, now if I can talk my DH into doing it ;), I will book it! I already have a dress that I bought about a year ago, believe it or not. :eek: I loved it & it was a good deal! We cruise every 5 yrs. with our good friends who will be celebrating their 35th. also (I caught the bouquet at their wedding :)). Thanks again & if I think of any other questions, I'll post.

• 3 weeks later...
that sounds so lovely!! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, and that it meant so much. Thats exactly why we are doing it:)

Have you done your renewal yet. I am thinking of requesting one for our 40th on Celebrity Equinox Sept 2014 but not sure about the atmosphere as we will not have any family or friends with us. Any comments would be helpful.

Husband and I will be renewing vows on NCL Jewel in October this year. We are booked in a family suite with all 3 of our kids and my parents will have the adjoining cabin. I believe the basic package is $250 on NCL, there is an upgraded package for $500 that includes choice spot on ship and ceremony performed by the actual captain. Where as the basic package the ceremony is performed by an officer.

I picked out an actual wedding dress - not my first choice- but once I put this dress on, I knew it was THE ONE. It is ivory with champagne colored sash. It fits me like a glove and I am 41!

I'll let you know how it goes (with some pictures) when we get back in late October.

I hope you love the Jewel as much as we do, we were married on her in 2011.

I am already thinking 'renewal' for our 5th year anniversary in 2016. The wife just shakes her head a laughs at me. Before I know it, it will be here.

I would love to do it on NCL's Pride of America as I've wanted to go to Hawaii for years. The down side to that is we'd have no guest!! We doubt anyone would make an effort to come all the way to Hawaii. We had 50 guest at our NCL Jewel wedding which was right out of our home port of NYC.

Have you done your renewal yet. I am thinking of requesting one for our 40th on Celebrity Equinox Sept 2014 but not sure about the atmosphere as we will not have any family or friends with us. Any comments would be helpful.

While no one we knew beforehand was there, we had the Captain, who performed the ceremony, the photographers, videographer, music person, our customer service rep and the head of customer service and they all helped make us feel very special. It was truly surprising how emotional we both were and I think beings it was just the two of us (meaning no family to entertain) we were fully able to concentrate on each other. After so many years, we felt it was a great way to remember why we are married. Hope you decide to go ahead with it and have the same wonderful experience we did.

I have told my husband to reserve the week of our wedding anniversary in 2016. We were married on September 15, 2001, just four days after September 11. Needless to say, the atmosphere leading up to the wedding, at the wedding, and during the honeymoon was a lot more subdued than I could have ever imagined. I want a "do over." I plan on booking a cruise that has the same itinerary as our honeymoon and renewing our vows on the cruise. I am planning on wearing my original wedding dress and maybe recreating my bouquet with silk flowers (not sure on that yet). He doesn't know about the vow renewal yet, but I am sure he will be delighted. You see, I wanted to get married on a cruise ship. But since this was my first marriage (and his second), he insisted that we have a "real" wedding. I enjoyed planning the wedding and was not sorry that we had a traditional wedding. But now I get to have what I wanted in the first place! September 15, 2016 will be our fifteenth wedding anniversary, so I thought it was appropriate to do our vow renewal on our "golden" wedding anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the contract back from RCI confirming our vow renewal on the Allure of the Seas next May - so excited! I peeked at this thread when considering different options and cruiselines and found this thread quite informative (thank you!). We got married on the Emerald Princess back in 2010 and REALLY wanted to either do the vow renewal there or on another Princess ship, but did not like the Princess packages (very limited customization options, also they do not guarantee a private ceremony for a vow renewal). We sailed on the brand new Royal Princess this past summer and checked out the beautiful wedding chapel there (but again, no guarantees of a private ceremony and the Royal Ocean Events they contract with for weddings told me they will have nothing to do with vow renewals - "you must coordinate once on the ship"). We opted for the Royal Devotions package with RCI and are adding various ceremony enhancements to make it extra special. Looking forward to a fun time planning everything! :D

• 4 months later...

Hello!

We are hoping to do a vow renewal in April 2015 on the Independence of the Seas. It will be close to our 5 year anniversary, and over my birthday - so I'm calling it good!

We have been through a lot (my DH had a quadruple bypass and a double organ transplant since we have been married and we are only in our early 40's!) When we got married, he was on dialysis and on the waiting list for a transplant, so we couldn't go far away. Thus, we didn't get much of a honeymoon, so I am calling this our honeymoon! :)

It is going to be just us (no kids or other family members). We are going to be with a group of people (a group theme cruise) that we have not met before, so I don't know if they can or will join us or not. If they do, hopefully they won't be disappointed if we don't have a reception! :confused:

I guess I am thinking the cheaper the better, and simple is just fine with me. So, doing it on the ship is fine. I would like to know if they push stuff on you to buy? I don't need a fancy wedding or a ton of pictures. One or two pictures will suffice. I don't even know if I want a cake or anything. This is the second marriage for both of us, so I don't want or need all of the bells and whistles that can come with weddings. Been there, done that and have the t-shirt!

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies, thanks for starting this thread. I plan to read through it and learn more of your journeys!

We are cruising with our 4 college and HS aged kids, and one precious granddaughter in late December on the Emerald Princess, sailing out of Houston. April 2015 marks our Silver Anniversary, so we are going to surprise the kids and renew our vows during this time together.

Princess's event is much less than some of the prices you ladies have mentioned, at $220.

Many of you have thought of details which I have not had time to consider. I can't wait to read more.

I just wanted to say HI!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi LaraTiara, welcome to the thread and hope you find it useful. We're planning our vow renewal for our 10th wedding anniversary, hopefully on a beach in Carribean next year (most probably Oct/Nov 2015). Looking forward to hearing about yours.

Hi BearHaven01 hope your vow renewal for your 10th anniversary went well. Please let us know all about it.

Thanks Drewlin! And we lived in England (as expats), and know very well the genuine anticipation of tropical sunshine and warm coastal breezes! Soon enough you'll be walking across the Caribbean sand in those lovely pearly flip flops.

We were married in college and didn't have an elaborate wedding at all. A small church ceremony and reception. But we had love, and it sounds like that's the journey of many of you. The renewal day photos you have shared are delightful!! For those of you who have had renewals, what is the actual ceremony like? What is said, by whom? And is there music?

I love the gown/dress idea as well. Love it! Will have to research this more as the day approaches. Gown or mermaid type? Website suggestions?

The 3 girls are all college age, so I welcome any and all suggestions for their part in the event..

Yes, you will find a PDF in cruise Personalizer.

Look at your booking summary online in Cruise Personalizer, and in the top right corner, next to FAQs, Go to Find Documents.

Once there, locate the hyperlink to Gifts and Services. That PDF has the various types of events and packages. And on Pg 17, you can type in your order and fax your request and payment to Princess.

The renewals are arranged according to the Captain's schedule, on Sea Days.

we have about 47 days until our vow renewal, as a PP said we had a courthouse wedding back in October so this is our official unofficial wedding :) I'm so ready for the time to finally be here. We have been counting down since September. I will update you all when we return, with photos and a review. we will be on the carnival freedom May 18th leaving from ft lauderdale

We're renewing on our upcoming cruise as well. Just the two of us with a ships officer in Tahiti. The plan is to do it on the bleach at sunset (or late afternoon) one day, not sure which one. I bought my dress at Tommy Bahama, it's a simple white linen sheath. I still need to find a pair of sandals to wear with it. We'll be wearing hei's (crowns of flowers) which should look beautiful. My husband is wearing a white linen shirt and light tan linen trousers with sandals. Paul Gauguin has a great package that includes Champagne, cake, a photo, the flowers, dinner with the Captain, and more for only $300, which we thought was a great price. We're celebrating 20 years, and this seemed an ideal way to do it.

Congratulations CarpeFNDiem on your ' wedding' at sea! Counting the days with you. Will anyone be joining you in May?

Duckelite, Tahiti sounds like a wonderful place to renew your vows. Thank for the details of your plans, and we anticipate the photos to come!

Edited by LaraTiara

Met up with my old friend Pat and she has asked can she and her hubbie join us in the Caribbean for our Vow Renewal. Was so excited and pleased as I thought it would just be me and Drew, which was fine, but it will be so much more exciting having our close friends there to share it!

Met up with my old friend Pat and she has asked can she and her hubbie join us in the Caribbean for our Vow Renewal. Was so excited and pleased as I thought it would just be me and Drew, which was fine, but it will be so much more exciting having our close friends there to share it!

That is wonderful that Pat & her husband will join you two. I wish there was a "Like" button!