Vow Renewal Ladies

GiselaS

Congratulations CarpeFNDiem on your ' wedding' at sea! Counting the days with you. Will anyone be joining you in May?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thank you! yes we will have 26 sailing guests with us, with my 12 year old son walking me down the aisle. started my dress alterations this weekend, paid for the tuxes, we are ready to go!

So happy to have found this! We are renewing our vows on our upcoming cruise that leaves May 31..we are going on the RCCL Jewel that leaves out of San juan. We did the 1200 Royal Devotions package...it was pricey but its our 10 year and first vacation without our children in quite some time....we have been through a lot so we are splurging for this trip. The renewal will be june 3rd the first sea day!

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing an unofficial renewal on the navigator June 2015. It will be our 10 yr anniversary and it will just be me and DH. We just plan on finding a quiet spot on deck and reciting our vows to eachother. Just simple :) any veteran cruisers have an idea if a quiet spot? Maybe the helipad?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations BAV2005 on your renewal plans, it is our 10th wedding anniverary too on 9th June 2015 but we will be renewing our vows later in Oct/Nov in the Caribbean (not booked yet). We, too, will be an unofficial vow renewal hopefully on a beach and originally would have been just the two of us but our best friends have asked to join us and as they were at the wedding it is especially lovely. We had our honeymoon and first cruise in the Eastern Caribbean so are undecided if to repeat that or go to the Southern Caribbean and see some more of that area like Aruba and Curcacao and we did like Barbados.

Ctcruisergirl and CarpeFNDiem, keep us updated on your upcoming plans!

Duckelite, did you say at all when you are heading to the South Pacific?

BAV2005, have you found that quiet spot on the Navigator yet?

Gals, do you have any recommendations for dress or gown sites? I am looking at Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom, etc. whenever possible. Coming up empty still. I went to Nieman Marcus last weekend. Wow, there are so many ghastly gowns and formal dresses..:-0

Edited by LaraTiara

Ctcruisergirl (or any ladies please chime in!) -

Gathering ideas here..

How did you choose your dress color and style? I'm interested to hear - or even see if you possibly have a photo you would be willing to upload your gown/dress.

Did you simply choose the most flattering, regardless of color? I think color will narrow decision making for me. The ship will be Emerald, the anniversary will be silver, and the sea is blue... I will try and stay within those three hues. But, does anyone look nice in silver? Ends up looking grey on me. It would need to be silver sequins, to not wash me out.

And style? Mermaid (which I would not normally choose)? Elegant? ??

Lightinthebox for com really do have me a number of lovely styles to look at - thanks mrstriceasnice! David's Bridal is a good option, as we have 3 just in north Dallas. Surely the store in BIG...as we say here, "Go BIG or go home!". Ctcruisergirl, how did you narrow the final choice down? LaraTiara

Beautiful dress CarpeFNDiem.

As ours is an 'unofficial' beach vow renewal, I have bought a white swimsuit and will be wearing a saress style white dress which I will embelish with beads and my beaded footless flip-flops for the beach. I have also bought an oyster coloured devore dress from Monsoon for the evening. I am getting a blue saress for my 'unofficial' bridesmaid and again I'll embelish it to co-ordinate with mine. When I've completed them, I'll post some photos.

Please post photos of your dresses where appropriate, just love looking at what everyone is planning.

CarpeFNDiem that's gorgeous. Truly stunning! I like the detail and rouching, especially. Will you prepare vows? Or does the officiant guide that for you both?

Monsoon... Sure wish we had that shop over here Drewlin. Did you say - did you book a cruise yet?

It's almost May, for the ladies renewing vows this month. Getting excited with you.

No we haven't booked our cruise yet as it is over 16 months away and we haven't decided which itinerary to go for and therefore which ship. Drew likes to wait for the deals! We are leaning towards P&O as they do 14 night cruises from Barbados so avoiding the couple of days cruising south from Miami/Fort Lauderdale. However, our honeymoon and also our 1st cruise was to Eastern Caribbean from Miami, so we don't know if to replicate that. I keep changing my mind.:confused:

Monsoon have a website www.monsoon.co.uk and they offer worldwide free delivery on orders over £75 (about $126). Their styles seem to be quite simple (and I think, elegant) either plain or beaded.

Also Ebay have past design monsoon wedding/formal dresses for sale both new and used at a fraction of the cost.

I've just taken a photo of my monsoon dress, so will put the photo up soon.

Wishing all May renewal ladies the very best for a wonderful day.

Good Morning everyone,

I just found this thread and read thru it completely this morning. I just wanted to add that my husband and I are renewing our vows this year on our Christmas cruise. We will be on the MSC Divina and have already found out that our renewal will be at 4:30pm on the 21st of Dec. We even got the place that we wanted for the ceremony. I fell in love with the Swarovski crystals in the main atriums staircase and the area by the piano.

I was really shocked when I was told that we would be able to have the ceremony there at the time and date that we wanted.

We renewed our vows 5 years ago for our 30th wedding anniversary but there have been so many ups and downs in the last 5 years that we decided to renew them again on our 35th. It is only going to be us and very good friends of our from Canada that we met about 3 years ago.

The captain is going to be preforming the ceremony and there will be several of the officers there.

Here is what is included for the ceremony.

MSC Cruises: Platinum Package for your Ceremony on Cruise

Platinum package* $988

•Pre-sailing wedding consultancy and dedicated welcome for the couple.

Full personal assistance of MSC ’s Wedding Planner, for the couple’s most romantic voyage

•Bottle of sparkling wine, two gift flutes and assorted canapés in the cabin on embarkation day

•Bridal bouquet with matching boutonnière, delivered on ceremony day (normally comprising roses)

•Exclusive booking of specially adorned lounge, with elegant floral arrangements and a romantic path

•Ceremony attended by Ship’s Officers, with pre-recorded music (or live, fees apply aboard)

•Souvenir symbolic ceremony certificate, signed by the Captain and delivered on the same day

•Personalized ceremony booklet with special nautical vows (available for all guests on request)

•Bottle of Moet & Chandon champagne, served with the wedding cake after the ceremony

•Two-tier wedding cake filled with white chocolate mousse, decorated with marzipan roses as well as the names of the couple (served in the ceremony lounge or restaurant on request)

•Services of professional photographer during the ceremony and in other ship locations, chosen with the couple (about 1 hour)

•20 of the best 20 x 25 cm photographs (number included shown here, more available to purchase)

•Deluxe breakfast in the cabin the morning after the ceremony (comprising a selection of hot drinks, freshly squeezed orange juice, croissants and bread rolls, marmalade and honey, cheese etc.)

We are also having live music, a harp player and 3 violinists. So that was just a little more but it will be very worth it.

I already have my dress, I am wearing the same one I wore 5 years ago because we absolutely loved it.

We are getting very excited about the ceremony.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gerry

Welcome tngaloha!

Sounds like you will have a memorable ceremony on MSC Divina. We were just next to her in port, in Grand Turk. She's massive!

Where will you all be located on December 21st?

Lara Tiara,

Thank you.

We will be at sea that day. We board the ship on the 20th in Miami.

She is a massive ship and absolutely is gorgeous inside. We cruised on her last Christmas and we can't wait to be on her again.

Have a great day and keep all the great ideas coming ladies,

Gerry

Ctcruisergirl (or any ladies please chime in!) -

Gathering ideas here..

How did you choose your dress color and style? I'm interested to hear - or even see if you possibly have a photo you would be willing to upload your gown/dress.

Did you simply choose the most flattering, regardless of color? I think color will narrow decision making for me. The ship will be Emerald, the anniversary will be silver, and the sea is blue... I will try and stay within those three hues. But, does anyone look nice in silver? Ends up looking grey on me. It would need to be silver sequins, to not wash me out.

And style? Mermaid (which I would not normally choose)? Elegant? ??

Lightinthebox for com really do have me a number of lovely styles to look at - thanks mrstriceasnice! David's Bridal is a good option, as we have 3 just in north Dallas. Surely the store in BIG...as we say here, "Go BIG or go home!". Ctcruisergirl, how did you narrow the final choice down? LaraTiara

I ended up going with a wedding dress....although not a poofy traditional gown like I wore when we were married...more of a sexy, beachy flowing gown..i will post a pic when we get back.....(I don't have one and the dress is at the bridal shop getting alterations!).....it is white...iam so excited! 28 days to go!!!!!!!

My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary with a vow renewal on NCL Getaway. I have not had much luck with getting Royal Ocean Events to email me back (maybe they don't answer emails!!??). Has anyone dealt with them?

Have any of you renewed your vows on NCL?

We are doing the deluxe package which I believe is $799. I am hoping it will be on a sea day as our family all want to get off the ship on the port days.

I have picked out my dress and what my husband will be wearing. Our two little nieces are going to be "flower girls" for us as we want to have them involved.

We are super excited to do this!!

Kristi

My husband and I did the vow renewal for our 30th wedding anniversary on the Island Princess in November, 2013, on a Panama Canal cruise. It had to be on a sea day which wasn't the actual anniversary, which was fine. They only do it on sea days. It was also a formal night which was nice. Our only guest was our 24-year-old daughter who my husband really wanted with us on the cruise, which was also nice. It was lovely and more than I expected. I don't know the price because he arranged it and didn't want to tell me (he knows I have a frugal streak, ha ha). It made me teary. I wore my mother's 50th wedding anniversary dress, which I altered and liked a lot. It was knee-length in cream. I also wore her wedding dress for my actual wedding, so that was traditional to keep using my mother's dresses! One thing, bring all your paperwork with you on the ship. Princess was very good but we had to remind them of a few things. They are not as on top of things as you are. It was all a surprise from the husband. Even a pretty little special cake at our dinner afterward with a candle. By chance, we were seated in the main dining room at table 30! We all thought that was sort of mystical. This was our first vow renewal, and it really was a special thing.

We're back. We had our renewal ceremony on the white sand beach in Bora Bora under a blue sky with a light breeze and breathtakingly clear azure water lapping gently at the shoreline a few feet away. I wore a white linen sheath style dress, my husband wore light tan linen pants and a white linen shirt and bare feet. I had a hei (ring of flowers) on my head while my husband wore a matching lei around his neck. The ceremony was officiated by the Captain and Cruise Director, with one of the Gauguines quietly strumming a ukulele in the background. The ceremony was about five minutes, just beautiful. We both had tears in our eyes. After the ceremony we toasted with Champagne. The ship photographer took about 150 photos, about half of which we loved. It was the highlight if our trip. I can't imagine doing a renewal ceremony any other way.