19 July Venice - Splendour of the Seas

Hello

We stayed at Venice for 2 nights and it was so awesome. We all loved it very much.

About Splendour of the seas....

When we sailed from Venice and it was so beautiful to watch the Venice, so romance... My husband gave me glass of champagne while to watched it.

My teenagers, husband and I enjoyed it and we were with deaf group of Passage Deaf Travel who organised by USA, We met Australia, Canada, USA, Ireland and 4 of us Scotland.

We had a great times with them and 13 ASL interpreter plus 2 international interpreters for us, Ireland and Australia.

We enjoyed it but we think food was not very good... Teenagers didn't like salty swimming pool but they still had the fun with the group. We are only family in this group as no one bring the kids along... but Canadian bring two older girls aged 18 and 19 friendly with our teenagers.

But they were disappointed that no games hall like basketball etc but my son won the games at the teenager club. He got a lovely prize!!

About tips, we were not happy that they took off automatically every day and I had go to customer services explained that I brought dollars money with us for the tips so they sorted it out. It changed now as before normally on last day envelope handed out but not now.

Show was okay but we liked to watch acrobats and we did the fun games at the hall. We were 2nd with Australia team not bad...

We watched love and marriage games that was funny as two deaf group was involved.

There was white party at the pool while cruising at Greece. That was fun.

Weather was so hot, far too hot at Athens...

We had a nice weather so far no raining all the week. Cruise was smoothly but one night it was bit rough...

We enjoyed with the staff which did the funny games and watched the belly dive it was funny.

We met Irish two couples and we keep touch with them as they were good company with us.

On last day, our teenagers find out that we booked with Disney cruise and they were so happy with it.

they said they prefer Freedom of the Seas than Splendour of the Seas. Nothing wrong with Splendour but I love it but disappointed with foods.

We had the balcony and it was on 7th floor and it was great...good size of the room and we had the fridge!! But it was filled up with coke, lemonda and big bottle of water. It was quite expensive but I need lots of water. I put my bottle of champagne lol:)

Thank to Passages Deaf Travel for their hard work and we all enjoyed it as it was our first times with them. We highly commend that we will the cruise with them in future.:)

Scottishwee35

Edited by scottishwee35

• 10 months later...

Thank you for the tips. I just booked the Greece itinerary for 2015. We are going to do back to back 7 days and reserved connecting junior suites since they had a second person at 50% off special. We thought for the length of time we will be on the ship it was worth the money.

Do you have any tips for first timers on this ship? We have only sailed with Disney about 3 times.

Thank you.

Hi bnurick - you are responding to a post from more than a year ago; you may be better off starting a new thread asking for tips. On the other hand, I was on this cruise with Scottishwee35, so I will try to help.

Splendour is one of the smaller ships in the RC fleet; it does not have all the bells and whistles (no ice skating rink, no FlowRider, etc.) but it is a nice ship and I like that you can see the sea from many of the public areas.

I agree with Scottishwee35 that the food on Splendour is not the best on the Royal Caribbean fleet.

The Greek itineraries from Venice are great. I recommend joining a Roll Call for your cruise date and joining a group for a small private excursion to the ruins in Ephesus (assuming your cruise is going to Kusadasi).

If you have other specific questions, probably you will get more responses if you start a new thread.