!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

I wish they had 7 day cruises on the Disney Dream. We went on the Disney Fantasy (sister ship) last October and it was "magical". I almost cried the last night... This ship is just gorgeous! three days is not enough. Although I liked the food on the Fantasy (did you see that caribbean lobster?!! WOW), I thought the food on the Liberty of the Seas this summer was better.

I agree with you Gambee, that buffet was really nice, even at breakfast. I thought the eggs benedict were uneatable on the Liberty, my point of comparison being disney cruises. They eggs benedict are so delicious on the disney cruise! RCI take notes! Did you get to taste any wafles and strawberry and cream? Gosh such a delight.

Anyway love the pictures! :)

Your pictures and descriptions are awesome. I am a fan of your reviews. (all of them) Look forward to more. It is bringing back wonderful memories of my cruise. Plus I never saw the couples area and will have to book that on my next Disney cruise. Disney and RC are my two favorite lines so far. I thought Celebrity was boring and Carnival did not have the class of these two lines.

You are making me miss our Disney Dream cruise! We did a B2B on the Dream the year she came out (since 7 day itineraries weren't available yet!) It was the only time on a cruise we've done a one day spa pass, and the Rainforest Room was very cool...the loungers were VERY popular though. Next time you should definitely try Palo - it is amazing. I hope you got to ride the Aquaduck at night and see a show or two!

Hi all!

Gambee ~ loving your review so far & especially the illustration mode photos.

I went solo on Disney Wonder & had a fun time for the person that asked. 3 days is a good amount of time to try out going solo.

I liked that Disney had trays for the buffet.

(Sorry I can't get BOLD to turn off!):o

I see Sarah's going on Allure the week before me. That's the week I'll be on Breeze & I sure hope that's still in your plans.

Carry on!;)

~ Jo ~ :)

I am thinking about bringing my own from home from now on to avoid worrying over that. I had my towel stolen twice already on two separate cruise lines.

I always bring two towels from home, both flamingo designs since I collect flamingo items and always have more than enough flamingo towels to pack.

I don't know if you mentioned it later, but what preset did you use to get the art effect? Is it lightroom 5 only (still running 3.5 here, hated 4 and 5 won't run on my system yet)?

Thanks! (Doing this exact cruise in October, BTW, so especially helpful review)

DSC00405_zps01c02680.jpg

I've been waiting for your review since you posted on FB that you were leaving. I'm so glad you started it right away. I knew you'd love Disney. We did the Magic last year when she left from NYC and absolutely LOVED it..even though we were adults. There's just something about the service and the way the cruise line is run that puts it head and shoulders above all of the others.

I love your new camera and of course your pictures are beautiful. I liked the one of your mom with her famous iPad and the same shoes that floated away on your other cruise.

I look forward to the rest of the review and all of the pictures.

Your buffet pics reminded me that Disney Dream has the best buffet I've ever had on a cruise. We cruised Dream last February, and loved it. You mentioned "not enough adult activities" but I take it you'll review all of the adult areas of the ship later in your review. We spent ALL of our time in the adult areas of the ship and didn't feel deprived of anything. One of our best cruises so far (out of 22), so that says a lot.

We are planning our Disney cruise for March or April of next year. We are in the early planning stages so I am thoroughly enjoying this review with your awesome pictures. DD will be 5 at that time and is sooo looking forward to it.

Hi Gambee, LOVE, LOVE your pics and report. Have a couple questions-were you able to get a table by yourself and what dinner time did you have? Did you notice a lot of kids running around unsupervised? Last question, are you employed by DCL? If not, you should be. A lot of people are making the plunge after seeing your pics. :)

The Disney terminal in Port Canaveral is extremely organized, I think this is my favorite port ever. It is just a painless and very relaxing process to check in.

DisneyDreamday1-5_zps300ab472.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-6_zps4eabee5c.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-7_zps0589ab0c.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-8_zps8513b37b.jpg

So right after check-in we just sat there and I took some pictures, I also took advantage and played with my new camera. My mom was as she said unimpressed with the terminal, I am not really sure why. Personally I think there was about the right amount of Disney essence, without being overwhelming. May I note that there was no line whatsoever and it was really quick. They also took the picture of all of us in the same frame and the computer split the pictures on its own, pretty neat. All this little details is what makes DCL the amazing experience that it is.

DisneyDreamday1-10_zps3eb4794b.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-11_zps95a0bd07.jpg

Such great memories - excellent photos and thank you so much for sharing these and your trip. I remember the first time on a Disney Cruise and see the ship for the first time. I was in aw of how beautiful and magestic the Disney ships are. Even if the ship next door is bigger, the disney ships still stand out just because of the way they look.

Folks - one request, if you quote a message with photos, please remove the photos that may not apply. Makes the thread a lot more compact and easy to scan!

I know what you mean, and it bothers me too when this is done. But, in their defense, they might not know how to do that. It took me a while to learn how to do it. I had to ask someone how it is done. I still don't know how to do the multi quote thing and have to reply in multiple posts. :o

Gwen :)

It has a been hard day for me my friends. I have dealing with a lot of emotions during the past few days, and I am just trying to get through this. Long story short, I owned a dog. Unfortunately when I moved from my old place a few years ago, I could not bring him with me. I was very lucky that my friend took him into his house and gave him home with lots of love.

Today I went to pick him up to bring him to the vet and put him to sleep… It was more than just old age, the vet says that he had a tumor that was slowly paralyzing him. By the time I got him, he was in pretty bad shape. I will spare you the details, it was a horrible day for me. I have collapsed under pain, and all I can say is that I am very grateful to have a boyfriend as supportive as mine. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately for me this is the first time I deal with death, and so far I have proven to be a complete disaster at handling it. Adding to that I keep blaming myself for abandonment, even do everyone tells I did not, and that I did everything for him... I know I could of done more... There is always more you can do.

I will post some more of the review later on today, but now I just need to rest a little and try get some composure.

My baby is dead…

In loving memory of Milo, you will stay in my heart for ever…

DSC00161_zps3ec3089e.jpg

IMG_6504_zpsabd55ad7.jpg

IMG_0278_zps04a473a5.jpg

DSC04437_zps0bc62d3d.jpg

DSC00922_zps800219a3.jpg

DSC00163_zpsb90341e8.jpg

Today I went to pick him up to bring him to the vet and put him to sleep… It was more than just old age, the vet says that he had a tumor that was slowly paralyzing him.

Sweet puppy, so sorry to hear you had to do this. It's never easy, have been through it too many times with kitties over the years. Take care of yourself and remember how much love Milo got from you and everyone else.

We put our beloved 11 year old black lab down in May. I feel your pain and anguish. It was so difficult but we knew we had to do it. Praying for comfort for you. I'm sure our dog was waiting for yours at the end of the rainbow bridge and they are playing happily together and without pain.

Sorry to hear about your dog Gambee. We truly understand as we had to put our own Mini Pin down less than 2 weeks ago due to age and breathing issues which became chronic. They say time heals but you will always have a spot in your heart that is empty. I still get tearful when thinking about "Rocky" and sure you will also for some time.

Thank you for the Disney review. Enjoying it as we do all your reviews. Think we'll have to go to Florida someday for a cruise perhaps. Look forward to reading more when you find the time. Thanks!

Gambee,

So very sorry for your loss. That is an awful thing to have to come back from a trip and deal with. Your baby is in good hands now, do not worry. He no longer is in pain and will be waiting for you. I know how you feel, and there isn't anything anyone can say or do to lessen your pain. Sending you love and prayers in this difficult time.

Debbie