!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

We were sat promptly and given our menus. This day service was a little slower, I think it was because our server was busy with a larger table. Nothing horrible, but just a longer wait that I would normally like. In addition to that I was a little full already from the room service, I am not really sure why I was eating dinner on the first place. But it gets worse, just wait. I ate so much that night, and trust I did regret it at one point in time.

DisneyDreamday2-225_zps5cd6348e.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-226_zpse54d5b2f.jpg

This pictures came out a little blurry, I think I left the aperture wide open.

DisneyDreamday2-227_zps765076c7.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-228_zps670e23e3.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-229_zpsd4866192.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-230_zps7bbb58cd.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-231_zps77eab60c.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-232_zps6e5ea3ee.jpg

All the restaurants have different types of bread, and spreads.

DisneyDreamday2-233_zps2ee8d82e.jpg

I loved their glasses.

DisneyDreamday2-235_zps93226379.jpg

I started moving the silverware a little, and noticed that the back end of them are magnetic. Very odd, I don't I have ever seen this before.

Here is a little video of it.

My mom ordered the avocado salad that for some reason it came to her without any avocado :D. Sarah and I both got the lobster and shrimp appetizer, it was pretty nice, but I wish it was brought out colder.

DisneyDreamday2-236_zps2e11624f.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-237_zps783876de.jpg

For dinner Sarah got the Wild Boar, she said it was good. Mom got a Salmon and she would not stop bragging about it. And I got two appetizers for my dinner, escargot and duck salad. Please don't ask me why, I was so stuffed already… Everything was good, no complains there.

DisneyDreamday2-239_zps32e075da.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-240_zps8dfa1165.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-238_zpsb8806636.jpg

The duck came with a buke of veggies, Sarah did mention something. Just imagine the amount of time that it takes to roll all of those Bukes with carrots, crazy!

DisneyDreamday2-242_zps5a384a7d.jpg

Our server then cleared the table told us not to worry about dessert, that he had everything planned already. First he came out with 3 samplers, let it be said that we barely touched it. We were all going to explode by then, after that he comes out with 3 sundays! Then he told us that the suffles were coming out! We had to stop him there, we barely touched what came out. Although the sunday was fantastic, I loved mine.

DisneyDreamday2-243_zps1169ced7.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-244_zps678a0eb9.jpg

So after they brought some barrels to roll us out of the dinning room, we went exploring the stores a little more. I think this was the first time that my mom went inside them. Sarah purchased a shirt for her bf, and I purchased my model ship as well.

DisneyDreamday2-245_zps25b6a351.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-246_zps19994388.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-247_zpsa92c50b6.jpg

We then went to the promenade and attempted to play shuffle board, the main problem was that we did not know the rules of the game :D. So let it be said that the game was not successful!

DisneyDreamday2-268_zpsc02ed096.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-265_zps435e3d13.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-266_zpse1495eb2.jpg

I love the way Disney lights up the water.

DisneyDreamday2-267_zps75a624a7.jpg

Edited by gambee

Back inside we stopped in the skyline bar, this bar changes the skyline to different cities of the world every so often. This is really a small place, I actually expected it to be much larger when I first read about it. None the less it is a very nice area to have a drink, and enjoy some good company.

DisneyDreamday2-273_zpsf3f8d529.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-274_zpsa02c7967.jpg

Since that night was pirate night, we headed upstairs to see the fireworks. The way Disney does it is that they do a small performance of the pirates taking over the ship, and then we gain control over the vessel again. After that the fireworks go off.

When we got up to the lido deck the place was pretty packed and most everybody had a good place. The fireworks go of the starboard side of the ship, so that is your best bet to get good views of the fireworks.

We were all waiting there for a little, and I then realized that we still had a good wait to go. I left the camera with my mom, and I decided to head over to the adult pool area to relax in the jacuzzi.

While I was in the hot tub, the show started. I could definitely feel the show going, the speakers were at full blast. My mom said that the show part of the fireworks was pretty boring, but Sarah did like it. As for the firework show, mom said that it was better than Breakaways. I saw bits and pieces of it and I have to say that it was better.

DisneyDreamday2-276_zpsa8447103.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-277_zps8f3f9121.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-278_zps85ecdb9a.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-279_zps8089070c.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-280_zpsda9dbf63.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-281_zpsb9d6459b.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-282_zps2b014ea5.jpg

After the show was over my mom and Sarah made it to adult area of the ship. We relaxed there for some time and enjoyed ourselves. I kept hearing really loud music from the main pool area so I decided to go check it out. It was a huge party, and they were actually playing some really good music!

Here is a short video of the party.

DisneyDreamday2-283_zpsd1c0779c.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-284_zps765a5a73.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-286_zps0096fb2c.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-287_zps7130b1f9.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-288_zpsafd7fc55.jpg

The party was really happening, the ship turns into this huge night club with laser shooting into the sky. It was really cool, I never seen a party like this one on the deck of any ship. I do have to admit that this was one time when I would of loved that the party was adult only kind of situation. But it is understandable why that would be impossible on this ship.

I am not entirely sure how late we stayed there, but it must of been around an hour or so. When we had enough we decided to start heading towards the room. We also wanted to check out the midnight buffet. I have to admit that it was really impressive!

DisneyDreamday2-289_zpsfa02412c.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-290_zps33027461.jpg

Once in the room I found out that I had definitely pushed the limits of my stomach and got somewhat sick :D. Fortunately it was nothing horrible, but I really should of stopped eating long before that Turkey leg...

DisneyDreamday2-304_zps84a7b63c.jpg

DisneyDreamday2-305_zpsfa3e4e85.jpg

We relaxed a little on the balcony and then watch a movie. It was overall a great day, mom got to ride the AquaDuck and Sarah and I had a good day enjoying the mini gold and Foosball.

Disney really do outdo themselves, you can really see why the cruise line does charge a premium for their cruises. I am really anxious to see if I could go on the fantasy in the near future.

Day 2, Ending.

I will now work on day 3 and possibly start posting tomorrow.

So, I take you didn't wear a pirate costume?? Dressing like pirates really isn't our thing, but prior to our Dream cruise we ended up getting costumes and found that the majority of people (adults and kids both) wore costumes to the party, so we're glad we did. Now, we have them for future Disney cruises as well.

One question I forgot to ask earlier -- you showed a picture of a decorated door. Did you add a Fish Extender to your door? Those are HUGE on Disney cruises! We didn't, but a friend gave us one, and the next morning we had rice krispie treats in the shape of Mickey ears in our Fish Extender. Kind of a neat thing, but not sure if we'd do that again. I think it's really more for Disney diehards.

So, I take you didn't wear a pirate costume?? Dressing like pirates really isn't our thing, but prior to our Dream cruise we ended up getting costumes and found that the majority of people (adults and kids both) wore costumes to the party, so we're glad we did. Now, we have them for future Disney cruises as well.

One question I forgot to ask earlier -- you showed a picture of a decorated door. Did you add a Fish Extender to your door? Those are HUGE on Disney cruises! We didn't, but a friend gave us one, and the next morning we had rice krispie treats in the shape of Mickey ears in our Fish Extender. Kind of a neat thing, but not sure if we'd do that again. I think it's really more for Disney diehards.

No we did not dress up, I am not a fan of it.

Ohhhhh so thats the deal with the fish extenders, my mom kept on talking about it. That is really neat, I might have to do it next time. A 3 day cruise is definitely too short of a cruise to experience everything that Disney has to offer.

No we did not dress up, I am not a fan of it.

Ohhhhh so thats the deal with the fish extenders, my mom kept on talking about it. That is really neat, I might have to do it next time. A 3 day cruise is definitely too short of a cruise to experience everything that Disney has to offer.

Yeah, people REALLY get into it, don't they? Some are handmade, and others you can purchase online. I've seen people on eBay offer to custom make them for people. The idea is that you purchase (or make) Disney-related items, and then when you see a Fish Extender, you insert your treat for someone. Since we weren't going to participate (until our friend surprised us with one once we boarded), we didn't bring any goodies, and I never found out who gave us the Mickey ears. It's a nice reason to visit every deck, looking for the Fish Extenders on cabin doors.

Hi Gambee,

I am really enjoying reading your trip report. I have been on the Dream twice now and it's really great to read someone else's perspective of the ship.

Royal Palace is my favorite MDR. I tend to over eat while there but all the food is so good. The Grand Marnier Souflee is amazing. I hope you save room for it next time. ;)

I can't wait to read about your day at Castaway Cay. :)

Yeah, people REALLY get into it, don't they? Some are handmade, and others you can purchase online. I've seen people on eBay offer to custom make them for people. The idea is that you purchase (or make) Disney-related items, and then when you see a Fish Extender, you insert your treat for someone. Since we weren't going to participate (until our friend surprised us with one once we boarded), we didn't bring any goodies, and I never found out who gave us the Mickey ears. It's a nice reason to visit every deck, looking for the Fish Extenders on cabin doors.

No need for them to be Disney-related. :)

Actually, the way fish extenders typically work is that you join a group doing it and have a list of staterooms that you are exchanging gifts with. That way everyone is getting something and you know how much you need to bring.

Jim

Okay, I have to ask, what is a fish extender?? I keep seeing them mentioned and I feel so dumb.... :(

Okay, I have to ask, what is a fish extender?? I keep seeing them mentioned and I feel so dumb.... :(

Disney ships have fish outside of them. These fish extend from the wall slightly and so you can hang things on them. DCL often tucks "mail" in them for staterooms...things like Palo reservation reminders, invites to Disney Vacation club meetings, etc.

People also hang things from them called fish extenders. These are things with pockets (sometimes one for each person in the room, sometimes not) on them. You then get into a group (before the cruise...you can find groups on various forums) and it becomes a gift exchange. You drop things off for everyone else on the list and in return you get something in your fish extender from everyone else.

My daughter loves going back to the room throughout the cruise and finding all sorts of little goodies in the fish extender. Candy, pencils, bookmarks, cd's with music, xmas ornaments, etc. Pretty much anything and everything. :)

Jim