!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

The only issue I experienced with it was that we had to wait for about 40 minutes for the bus to pick us up to get the car when we got back from the cruise.

DisneyDreamday1-2_zpscc1aef25.jpg

I do have to say that I really like the bay in Port Canaveral.

DisneyDreamday1-3_zps86b78402.jpg

[/b][/color]

Should have called me, I did a cruise pickup there for my niece a few weeks ago! I grabbed her at the curb and off we went. 5 minutes to the park and ride. The Palm Bay exit is where my sister lives and where Jim Cantore of The Weather Channel stood when a hurricane was coming our way. And that "bay" you drove over is the Banana River. The lighthouse keeper for Cape Canaveral Lighthouse used to sail there in the 1890s. Just a little local knowledge :o

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise on the Dream. She really is a beautiful ship. We have sailed her twice now, and are anxiously awaiting our Fantasy cruise at the end of Sept.

We have loved our aft cabins on the Dream. We were in 7192 which is one deck up and one space to the port side of where you were for our first cruise. For our 2nd, we were in 8188, 2 decks up from you. OOn our upcoming cruise we will be in 9176, one deck above 8188. See the pattern here. Glad to hear the flagpole didn't present much of a problem for you, as I know how much you and your Mom enjoy your balcony time!

I just bought the same Olympus camera for underwater that you did, but I am not even close to the photographer you are. I am your basic point & shoot girl, so it may seem silly to you, but I am still struggling to figure it out. I can't wait to see what you were able to do with it.

I will be following along. I can't wait to read the rest of your review!

Edited by perfect match

Great start. I'm so happy you are reviewing my favorite line. I've been on 6 Disney cruises. I know others have been on way more but I've done the Baltics and Med. with Disney. So, I'm excited to hear your opinion of it. We've done both the Fantasy and Dream and loved it especially the decor. Just amazingly bright. Thanks for taking the time to review.

Gambee

Looking forward to reading more and enjoying your fab pics!!

I wish I mentioned this before you sailed. I'm not sure they still do this but when I took my colleges aged daughter several years ago on the WONDER ... Maybe 2008... She bought a tshirt and left it in a baggy with our name and cabin # at guest services. Many characters signed it and returned it our last night!

She still has it!! The intimate character signature souvenir!!:D

We always leave a "make a plate" template at guest services for the characters to sign. Then when we get home we mail it off to the company and it gets turned into a real melamine plate! Cute and so functional!

Nemo's Reef and the Aqua Lab (we've done Fantasy...won't do a cruise less than 1 week long!) are great areas for the kids (and I wouldn't describe them as small)!

Hi Gambee.....what a wonderful way to start off an otherwise dreary day here, or any day for that matter. A new review from Gambee.:D Now, I will finally get to see what the inside of a Disney ship is like.

Loving those pictures so far, especially the "cartoonish" looking ones. Never saw that before. Awesome.

I got this review bookmarked and am really looking forward to the "rest of the story". ;) I would subscribe, but I would get too many "dings" from all your adoring fans posting. :p

Thanks,

Gwen :)

Wahoo! Another Sir Gambee the great review!

Thanks Gambee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

You're very welcome!

Awesome!!! Fantastic pictures and information. Going on the Dream next October and this review is going to be a huge help! Thank you in advance and cannot wait for more!

You will love the Dream, a very special ship.

My friend! I look forward to following you on another one of your fantastic reviews! :)

Hello Chris Welcome aboard.

Thanks for all the pictures - we are taking our first Dream cruise in May 2014. Your review with so many great pictures will help the time go by.

You're very welcome, hope you continue to enjoy.

Yay! Decided to stay up for a bit more and caught that you started posting!

Reliving the memories. I agree we all wished it was longer. Spent most of today at work humming and wishing I could relive the 3 days all over again!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yeah I needed a distraction so I decided to start it yesterday.

I love your reviews and am enjoying the start to this one. Already making me want to go on my first Disney cruise! :)

By the time I am done I promise you, you will want to book one ASAP :D.

Thanks Gambee!! Always look forward to your reviews. Great pics too. I love the cartoon pics. Just seems to be more Disney. I do have a question. Would you Cruise Solo on Disney? I cant find anyone to go with me. Im a huge Disney fan!!

Well that is a very good question, I guess I never considered it. Personally I would do it, but I spend most of my time on the adult pool area. So striking a conversation should be relatively easy in that area. Most of the people aboard are families and coupes, I am not sure I saw any solo travelers. Although my mom pointed to a man that was a solo traveler.

As long you understand that there will be few other solo travelers and very few activities for adults it is all good. I really don't see why you should not have fun aboard one of their ships.

Awesome start to your review Gambee can't wait to read the rest. :)

ETA: Love the banner Mike (swim13)

Mike's banner was awesome! I love it!

Great review so far (as usual!) Can't wait to see the photos taken with the Olympus, I am thinking about picking that camera up for my Caribbean cruise in February.

Well hello there :), actually I was very surprised at the results. At first I thought I had bought another camera that I was unimpressed with. But after I saw more and more pictures, I was actually very happy with the results. I use her on Nassau and Castaway.

Should have called me, I did a cruise pickup there for my niece a few weeks ago! I grabbed her at the curb and off we went. 5 minutes to the park and ride. The Palm Bay exit is where my sister lives and where Jim Cantore of The Weather Channel stood when a hurricane was coming our way. And that "bay" you drove over is the Banana River. The lighthouse keeper for Cape Canaveral Lighthouse used to sail there in the 1890s. Just a little local knowledge :o

Neat, thanks for sharing. I have zero knowledge about this area, this was the first time that I visited Port canaveral. We absolutely loved it!

Thanks for yet another amazing Review! I can't wait to see what Castaway Cay looks like now, I am sure it has changed a ton since I was there back in 2000. Thanks again Gambee!! :D

I heard from the Stay that it was destroyed by a hurricane recently and it had to be rebuilt from scratch. I will say this, it is my favorite private island so far! :D

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise on the Dream. She really is a beautiful ship. We have sailed her twice now, and are anxiously awaiting our Fantasy cruise at the end of Sept.

We have loved our aft cabins on the Dream. We were in 7192 which is one deck up and one space to the port side of where you were for our first cruise. For our 2nd, we were in 8188, 2 decks up from you. OOn our upcoming cruise we will be in 9176, one deck above 8188. See the pattern here. Glad to hear the flagpole didn't present much of a problem for you, as I know how much you and your Mom enjoy your balcony time!

I just bought the same Olympus camera for underwater that you did, but I am not even close to the photographer you are. I am your basic point & shoot girl, so it may seem silly to you, but I am still struggling to figure it out. I can't wait to see what you were able to do with it.

I will be following along. I can't wait to read the rest of your review!

I would love to do a Fantasy cruise! who knows maybe in the future. Well in all honesty I only use the Olympus when I am near water. So the pictures from that camera are not as good as the ones you have seen so far. Although I will say they are the best I have seen from any underwater cameras that I have tested. She is extremely easy to use, keep her on auto for outside pictures and put her on underwater mode for underwater pictures. Also activate the flash underwater, depending on how clear the water is, they usually come out better. Just test with the flash and without the flash. But the flash usually helps tons underwater.

Great start. I'm so happy you are reviewing my favorite line. I've been on 6 Disney cruises. I know others have been on way more but I've done the Baltics and Med. with Disney. So, I'm excited to hear your opinion of it. We've done both the Fantasy and Dream and loved it especially the decor. Just amazingly bright. Thanks for taking the time to review.

I agree the ships decor is impeccable, although I do have to say they tend to be too dark for my taste in adult area.

Yea!!! I can't wait to read about your Disney cruise. I agree, their ships are beautiful!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Welcome aboard

Hey Gambee!

Just come over from the link on your Facebook page...I love reading your reviews and I think the Illustration mode on that new camera is amazing - LOVE those pictures!! :D

Carol

Hello Carol, how you been?

I knew that illustration would be a big hit, I absolutely love it. I wish sony would incorporate it into more cameras other than the RX.