!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Thank you so much for sharing another wonderful review with us.

You're very welcome :)

Gambee

Looking forward to reading more and enjoying your fab pics!!

I wish I mentioned this before you sailed. I'm not sure they still do this but when I took my colleges aged daughter several years ago on the WONDER ... Maybe 2008... She bought a tshirt and left it in a baggy with our name and cabin # at guest services. Many characters signed it and returned it our last night!

She still has it!! The intimate character signature souvenir!!:D

Hmmmmmm, I was not aware of that.... I am sure Sarah would of loved it, oh well maybe an excuse to book the Fantasy :D, lol.

We always leave a "make a plate" template at guest services for the characters to sign. Then when we get home we mail it off to the company and it gets turned into a real melamine plate! Cute and so functional!

Nemo's Reef and the Aqua Lab (we've done Fantasy...won't do a cruise less than 1 week long!) are great areas for the kids (and I wouldn't describe them as small)!

I wish I knew about the guest service deal with the signatures. Did I already talk about the kids club? I don't recall last about it last night, I had a little bit of a rough day yesterday to maybe I did.

I'm loving all your cruise reviews. You really have a gift for letting us see things that we might otherwise overlook.

I've always wanted to see the inside of a Disney ship, now I can thru you.

Glad you like it so far, hope you like the rest.

Loving it! and I am very happy "The Gambee family" :p is back with a review.

Well hello there friend! Glad to see you here :)

I think there are a lot of us who have been waiting for this review....subscribed and look forward to seeing it all through your eyes again! Thanks Gambee :)

Welcome aboard once again, hope you like it as much as the other reviews. Thank you for posting.

Hi Gambee.....what a wonderful way to start off an otherwise dreary day here, or any day for that matter. A new review from Gambee.:D Now, I will finally get to see what the inside of a Disney ship is like.

Loving those pictures so far, especially the "cartoonish" looking ones. Never saw that before. Awesome.

I got this review bookmarked and am really looking forward to the "rest of the story". ;) I would subscribe, but I would get too many "dings" from all your adoring fans posting. :p

Thanks,

Gwen :)

Hello there Gwen, hope all is well. I am sure you will love the pictures that are coming your way. Disney is a very unique product, and one that I am dying to share with everyone.

Welcome aboard :)

Maybe I missed it but what are you using to create those cartoon pictures?

Those pictures are created by a feature in my RX100 camera called illustration mode. So far this is the only camera to offer this feature, I really wished that more cameras had it built into them. It really yields some very impressive results, I was very happy with most of them.

DisneyDreamday1-42_zps7d2a20b1.jpg

Then we went into the buffet, I have to say that Disney has by far the best buffet that I have ever seen on ship. Not only they have a much better selection, but everything is rotated often and kept fresh and warm. The venue is also very cute, and it follows along with a finding Nemo theme, very cool. Finding a seat was not really challenging once we found out that there was no one the other side of the Buffet. And please don't forget there there is an unlimited supply of sodas, for us sodaholics. Service never lacks, there are servers everywhere and they remove your plates promptly after you're finished. My guess is that they want you to clear the table fast for the next family coming in, but we never felt pressured. It is small details like the ones experienced in this buffet that make the Disney experience a very remarkable one.

I did not get pictures of it, but they also offered veal chops, cut fresh for you.

DisneyDreamday1-43_zps7483c222.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-44_zps11d19d99.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-45_zpsfb3c27e6.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-46_zps58975df3.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-47_zpsa0b93a81.jpg

Of course it did not take long for mom to drop a crab craw, and for me to cut my finger cracking another claw. But no worries after cleaning myself and covering it up I was ready for the next challenge :D. It was just a small cut, but a little deep. I hate how scandalous blood is. I took the picture of the cut, but ultimately decided not to post it, thought it might be a little inappropriate.

How cool that those two pictures link, that was not planned, lol.

DisneyDreamday1-53_zps2be15273.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-54_zps2a0a36da.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-56_zpsea7efdfc.jpg

A few more pictures while leaving the Buffet.

DisneyDreamday1-57_zpscf2a7390.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-58_zpsb328c9b0.jpg

Edited by gambee

Hello Carol, how you been?

I knew that illustration would be a big hit, I absolutely love it. I wish sony would incorporate it into more cameras other than the RX.

I'm great thank you :D - all the better for looking at the pictures on here. That buffet with the seafood is unbelievable!!

DisneyDreamday1-60_zpsfe829f8a.jpg

How cute is that sign?

DisneyDreamday1-61_zps6c15fc2a.jpg

The main pools already getting some action.

DisneyDreamday1-62_zpsecabae15.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-63_zpsa2b07387.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-64_zps0e9f15df.jpg

Sarah got some ice cream. They did not have the Banana and strawberry available yet, they brought those out on the second and third day.

DisneyDreamday1-65_zps50279bc1.jpg

By the way the pool towel system is just like X, you can grab as many as you want and just return them into a towel place or leave them anywhere. No need to worry about someone stealing your towel, and then you having to pay for it later on. I have to admit this is something that really bothers me about the other cruise lines. I am thinking about bringing my own from home from now on to avoid worrying over that. I had my towel stolen twice already on two separate cruise lines.

Then we headed to the spa to do a tour. Here are the prices for the spa, they also have a separate area just for kids, and they offer products specifically for them.

DisneyDreamDailyspa-20_zpsd0d8cc0b.jpg

DisneyDreamDailyspa-21_zps9f9f27af.jpg

DisneyDreamDailyspa-22_zps81b09153.jpg

DisneyDreamDailyspa-23_zps7368149e.jpg

DisneyDreamDailyspa-24_zpse72c0e5f.jpg

DisneyDreamDailyspa-25_zps9e189d65.jpg

They also have a facility called the rainforest that is very similar to the spa in Breakaway, but the difference is in the price. Disney only charges $18 per person per day vs whatever NCL decided to raised it this week to….

The Rain forest is a very nice area and it really shows how disney goes above and beyond to stand out from other cruise lines. I will let the pictures talk from now on. They also offer a more expensive version but it includes the scrubs (is that what they are called?) for you to use in the steam rooms to exfoliate yourself.

We gave it some thought on buying the one day pass, but ultimately we did not. I think it was just the fact that the cruise was going to be so short and I we wanted to experience more of the ship instead of being stuck in a particular area. The funny thing is that we did end up stuck on the adult pool for a lot of time, and the adult pool is adjacent to the spa... Go figure, oh well maybe next time.

DisneyDreamday1-78_zpsdb1114b1.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-79_zpsc40ac369.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-80_zpsfde51496.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-81_zps9cccfec5.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-82_zps5a6bc2e7.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-83_zpsdee7ed76.jpg

At one point in time my mom noticed that they had a ship viewing area and we headed to the area to get some pictures of the ship. This area is also were you can go and smoke. Disney ships are just so good looking, I was told that the Disney fans call them Classic Disney ships. I am not sure about that, but I know for a fact that they are now some of my favorite looking ships along with the s-class ships from Celebrity.

DisneyDreamday1-21_zps4fd05f99.jpg

DSC00397_zps4cae93af.jpg

Gambee,

What software did you use to make those picture like cartoons. It is so cool. Perfect for this Disney cruise.

DisneyDreamday1-90_zps564d9ed0.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-91_zps9e612641.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-93_zps353c78dd.jpg

They also offer this couples room complete with everything. I asked about the price and she said that I had to book the treatments. But I imagine that you're required to purchase some more expensive treatments to get it. I can only imagine what it will end up running you for a couple of hours there, but that should be really neat for a couple in a honeymoon or just a short getaway from the kids.

DisneyDreamday1-95_zpscf059e9b.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-96_zpsafbde3c8.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-97_zps400dd5e5.jpg

Loving this so far! We're sailing the Dream in April. Cannot wait!!!

You will love it! Thanks for reading :)

Gambee,

What software did you use to make those picture like cartoons. It is so cool. Perfect for this Disney cruise.

Lol, I should of mentioned this at the beginning. I completely forgot to write about it. It is a feature of the my RX100 called illustration mode, so far she is the only camera that has it. But I am hopping sony soon will integrate it into other models.

DisneyDreamday1-98_zps1527bf82.jpg

These are the FWD facing rooms, very neat.

DisneyDreamday1-99_zps72aa238c.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-100_zps58d11aaf.jpg

This is the teen area, it was really dark in there and with a color explosion going on.

DisneyDreamday1-101_zps6457191e.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-102_zps6daee747.jpg

I also want to point out that the entire staff is there to make you feel like you're the only person aboard that ship. Disney service is on a league of their own, I think this is the cruise were I really noticed the least amount mistakes done. And the entire cruise was full of smiles and friendly staff, this is the way a cruise should be!

We also never noticed them pushing sales on us, it felt very much like Celebrity. The product is there for you to buy it, but they will never push you into it. They will just offer you the information you need to make an informed decision. Nicely done Disney!

I took these on the way to the atrium, this is the connecting corridor between the Animators Palate and The Atrium. That corridor is just amazing, specially when it was empty in that manner. I really enjoyed how bright it was with all those huge portholes running through it.

By the way for those of you wondering how this effect is created. It is a feature of the Sony RX100, it is called the Illustration effect. So far this the only camera that has this effect, but I am hoping that Sony integrates this future into more future cameras.

DSC00409_zpsfc817028.jpg

DSC00411_zpsd801a933.jpg

DSC00410_zpsb7f129f2.jpg

Edited by gambee

After the spa tour we decided to go and verify that we had a table for ourselves during dinner. So we went to the Royal Palace to confirm that. I took some pictures around that area, it is right by the Atrium.

DisneyDreamday1-105_zps411af14c.jpg

This guy was great! they had him in the adult pool area on several occasions. He was my favorite musician on the ship.

DisneyDreamday1-106_zpsde8a5380.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-109_zps4cdaf431.jpg

Character meet and greet

DisneyDreamday1-107_zps760c9235.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-108_zpscd0b720e.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-110_zps12e26eb5.jpg

Ok folks that is it for now, I have to run and face reality. I will be back soon with more pictures and videos to share with everyone. Hope you all enjoy what I have posted so far.

Edited by gambee

I took these on the way to the atrium, this is the connecting corridor between the Animators Palate and The Atrium. That corridor is just amazing, specially when it was empty in that manner. I really enjoyed how bright it was with all those huge portholes running through it.

By the way for those of you wondering how this effect is created. It is a feature of the Sony RX100, it is called the Illustration effect. So far this the only camera that has this effect, but I am hoping that Sony integrates this future into more future cameras.

DSC00409_zpsfc817028.jpg

DSC00411_zpsd801a933.jpg

DSC00410_zpsb7f129f2.jpg

I used to have that edit capability on a simple software now I can't find it, LOL. I love how you used it, especially of the ship cover photo and the hallway. Great review, now I am thinking I may want to take my two grandchildern, or just my husband and I. Wonderful job you have done!!