!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

So sorry Gambee. Don't blame yourself. No one can predict these things and, it is, unfortunately, part of life. But, it is still hard to accept.

Take time to get over your grief. I am sure everyone will understand.

He was such a pretty dog. Thanks for posting those pictures.

Prayers and hugs,

Gwen :(

Gambee, I was sooo excited to see you posted your Disney review because I miss talking (posting) to you on the Breakaway but then I read of your loss. We had a German Shepherd, Jake, he was 8 years old and died of the stomach bloat something I didn't even know of. Unfortunately for me I have dealt with a lot of loss but I was not prepared for the pain and heartache I felt when Jake died. Let your sorrow out and grieve for the loss of your baby. Try to remember all the love, good times and the good life you gave him. Many people in your situation would have brought the dog to a pound but you found a home for Milo. It's been a couple of years and not a day goes by that I don't think of Jake. You will think of Milo every day but it is with love. Please do not feel guilty. You are a kind person (just by your reviews to help other cruisers). Take care of yourself!

We are so very, very sorry for your loss. Pets are family. As a dog person, do not feel like you abandoned Milo... we have show dogs and we sometimes place an adult with another family... dogs will always love and remember us, but they love whoever feeds them too. They are great creatures that way. You were there for him at the end and your love for each other was and will always be there.

Feel free to message me on fb if you ever want to chat.

Edited by shepherdqueen

Gambee,

So glad to be reading your review thus far. Though you just started I really could feel the energy & happiness you had. Now I am sad based on your last post about your beloved Milo. I have put down a few cat's and dog's and it always feels like a piece of my heart is gone. I totally understand your feelings and send you warm thoughts.

Bill

And Gambee believe me my friend we all know you did everything possible for Milo. Do not blame yourself... You found him a home and then when it was time for him to pass on you made sure he was no longer in pain. Sometimes the most difficult thing to do is the best thing to do. You are in my prayers my friend

Edited by Bugsy4271

Please don't blame your self you did a good thing for him. You found him a loving home and from the sounds of it you kept in touch with him. You showed him great love which he loved you for. Your in my prayers.

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

I'm so sorry for your loss. When we moved in 2006 to another state, we could not bring our dogs, and they found a new home with family that LOVED and spoiled them. They have both passed on, but we knew when we visited them on trips home that they were loved. You found a good home for your dog (which is more than most do)...try not to feel guilty. We also put one of our cats down recently, and it is never easy. It was the best, most peaceful choice, and I'm sure you'll see him someday. My thoughts are with you.

I used to have that edit capability on a simple software now I can't find it, LOL. I love how you used it, especially of the ship cover photo and the hallway. Great review, now I am thinking I may want to take my two grandchildern, or just my husband and I. Wonderful job you have done!!

Yeah I also think that there are several apps for the iphone that create a similar effect. But I am not sure the names of them.

Gambler thanks so much for the review. I do believe I want to do a Disney cruise now. :). Looking forward to seeing and reading more. :D

Thank you for following along, glad you like it.

I wish they had 7 day cruises on the Disney Dream. We went on the Disney Fantasy (sister ship) last October and it was "magical". I almost cried the last night... This ship is just gorgeous! three days is not enough. Although I liked the food on the Fantasy (did you see that caribbean lobster?!! WOW), I thought the food on the Liberty of the Seas this summer was better.

I agree with you Gambee, that buffet was really nice, even at breakfast. I thought the eggs benedict were uneatable on the Liberty, my point of comparison being disney cruises. They eggs benedict are so delicious on the disney cruise! RCI take notes! Did you get to taste any wafles and strawberry and cream? Gosh such a delight.

Anyway love the pictures! :)

You know the funny thing was that my eggs benedict was actually pretty bad, lol. But Sarah's was amazing.

Your pictures and descriptions are awesome. I am a fan of your reviews. (all of them) Look forward to more. It is bringing back wonderful memories of my cruise. Plus I never saw the couples area and will have to book that on my next Disney cruise. Disney and RC are my two favorite lines so far. I thought Celebrity was boring and Carnival did not have the class of these two lines.

I think I have a similar opinion to yours on the cruise lines, I do however think that X would be a great line to do Alaska or Europe on. Still gotta try Carnival one day, I can't just a cruise line unless I have sailed on one of their ships.

The spa looks very impressive Gambee. Once again outstanding pictures sir

Right? I thought the same, it would be a nice place to relax on a long cruise.

Thank you so much for all of this! 8 weeks until our first Disney Cruise and your pictures make it that much more exciting! Looking forward to more!

Glad you like it so far, more to come :)

You are making me miss our Disney Dream cruise! We did a B2B on the Dream the year she came out (since 7 day itineraries weren't available yet!) It was the only time on a cruise we've done a one day spa pass, and the Rainforest Room was very cool...the loungers were VERY popular though. Next time you should definitely try Palo - it is amazing. I hope you got to ride the Aquaduck at night and see a show or two!

They told me they only sold 32 passes for the rainforest per day. I thought with that number of passes it would be easy to find space on the loungers.

I did try the Aquaduck it was very neat.

Hi all!

Gambee ~ loving your review so far & especially the illustration mode photos.

I went solo on Disney Wonder & had a fun time for the person that asked. 3 days is a good amount of time to try out going solo.

I liked that Disney had trays for the buffet.

(Sorry I can't get BOLD to turn off!):o

I see Sarah's going on Allure the week before me. That's the week I'll be on Breeze & I sure hope that's still in your plans.

Carry on!;)

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi Jo, the Breeze is in my plans at some point in time. Just have to find the money and time for it. We will when I get to travel on it, I am looking forward to trying out the carnival product. ]

Glad you like the Illustration mode.

I always bring two towels from home, both flamingo designs since I collect flamingo items and always have more than enough flamingo towels to pack.

Yeah I have to start doing that, I am not going through that entire look for the towel deal again.

I don't know if you mentioned it later, but what preset did you use to get the art effect? Is it lightroom 5 only (still running 3.5 here, hated 4 and 5 won't run on my system yet)?

Thanks! (Doing this exact cruise in October, BTW, so especially helpful review)

It is done with the illustration effect on the Sony RX100, so far it is the only camera to incorporate such feature. But there are apps that do similar jobs out there, I just dont know their names.

I've been waiting for your review since you posted on FB that you were leaving. I'm so glad you started it right away. I knew you'd love Disney. We did the Magic last year when she left from NYC and absolutely LOVED it..even though we were adults. There's just something about the service and the way the cruise line is run that puts it head and shoulders above all of the others.

I love your new camera and of course your pictures are beautiful. I liked the one of your mom with her famous iPad and the same shoes that floated away on your other cruise.

I look forward to the rest of the review and all of the pictures.

Haha, you followed the shoes story, yeah she bought another pair of shoes. Thank you for following along, glad you like the illustration mode.

Your buffet pics reminded me that Disney Dream has the best buffet I've ever had on a cruise. We cruised Dream last February, and loved it. You mentioned "not enough adult activities" but I take it you'll review all of the adult areas of the ship later in your review. We spent ALL of our time in the adult areas of the ship and didn't feel deprived of anything. One of our best cruises so far (out of 22), so that says a lot.

I really did not spent that much time in the adult clubs, but I am sure it just enough space for adults to enjoy themselves. I will go more into detail late on.

We are planning our Disney cruise for March or April of next year. We are in the early planning stages so I am thoroughly enjoying this review with your awesome pictures. DD will be 5 at that time and is sooo looking forward to it.

I promise you will get lots of information in this review. Hope you enjoy :)

Hi Gambee, LOVE, LOVE your pics and report. Have a couple questions-were you able to get a table by yourself and what dinner time did you have? Did you notice a lot of kids running around unsupervised? Last question, are you employed by DCL? If not, you should be. A lot of people are making the plunge after seeing your pics. :)

yes we got a table for ourselves, there are plenty to go around. Not really that many kids unsupervised, a few but not enough to were it would bother me. And trust me I get irritated easily :D. lol, not employed by DCL, but my reviews tend to do just that ;)

Such great memories - excellent photos and thank you so much for sharing these and your trip. I remember the first time on a Disney Cruise and see the ship for the first time. I was in aw of how beautiful and magestic the Disney ships are. Even if the ship next door is bigger, the disney ships still stand out just because of the way they look.

True that, they are very pretty and they have a unique feeling and look to them.

Thank you everyone for all the good thoughts about my doggy, I am slowly trying to cope with everything. And thanks to several friends and family I am seeing that I did good today. And also learning to deal with the pain.

After verifying that we had a private table, we decided to go to the adult area before our room open. Rooms would be available at around 1:30pm and I needed to drop off my very heavy backup that was full of drinks :D.

These two were taken on the way to the adult area.

DisneyDreamday1-112_zps6109832c.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-113_zpse0276fa5.jpg

There is a really cool art gallery right before the District, they have some incredible art. I fell in love with several pieces. The prices range from $100-$3200, with the average around $500.

DisneyDreamday1-114_zpsd25790c8.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-115_zps24de633c.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-116_zps4ad64d36.jpg

After that we went to the D Lounge this is where they host several events like bingo or dance classes. The venue is one of the larger ones on the ship and has a very neat concept. Unfortunately we never really went there for any event.

DisneyDreamday1-128_zpsb71c0c98.jpg

For anyone who is curious about cameras, this picture was taken with the RX100. Here you can really see the monster that she is. She will never yield the results of the NEX system with the zeiss lens in food pictures and portraits, but then again she costs lens than half of that nex setup and results like this picture cant be ignored. Just a very nice picture in a poorly lit environment. I will like to add that the RX100 has the most intelligent software I have used. If the NEX camera was as intelligent as the RX she would be so much nicer and easier to use. I highly recommend the RX100, I cannot say enough good things about her.

DSC00412_zps6d3e0020.jpg

A short video of the area.

After that we kept on walking towards The District, this area is composed of several bars. It has a rather odd design sort of compartmentalized. Personally I did not like this area, it is too dark and it lacked the oceanviews that I love so much. Fortunately for me I never had a hard time finding quiet places aboard the ship. But yeah overall it was not my favorite area, simply put is too dark for my personal taste. However I am sure many will enjoy it and find its isolation from the other areas a benefit when looking for some relaxing adult time.

DisneyDreamday1-129_zpsccac0277.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-130_zps6d3bb871.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-131_zpsd5b066e0.jpg