!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Keep in mind I am bouncing flash here, this area is very dark!

DisneyDreamday1-132_zps10b67c97.jpg

Pink is the champagne bar, and you're supposed to feel like you're in a bottle with bubbles. Nice little venue.

DisneyDreamday1-133_zps8aaeebf2.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-134_zps761a181a.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-135_zpsc65967cb.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-136_zps6ce9bba3.jpg

This is just crazy I am having a hard time figuring out which pictures are from the RX and which are the NEX. If the RX had a longer zoom, stronger flash and better Macro I think I would only travel with her. The RX does struggle on food pictures and she only has a 4x zoom.

Anyway enough about cameras, this is the club. They have it open at some times for family events, and I think later on at night it is just for adults. I remember walking there once and there where a lot of kids dancing gnagnam Style. On another occasion they had a sort of meeting for adults, I think a sales conference or something like that. Our muster was in here as well, a very nice place to be locked away from all the exits in an emergency. I absolutely have when my muster locations are in environments with no windows. But I guess they know what they are doing and I should just trust them and let them do their jobs.

DisneyDreamday1-137_zpse7d6da66.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-138_zps87186356.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-140_zpsa4f270a8.jpg

DSC00422_zps9811b64b.jpg

How cool are these pictures?

DSC00425_zps881cf0e7.jpg

DSC00424_zpsfbdd3a1c.jpg

RX picture. ok ok ill will stop with the camera talk. But lastly I will say, the RX KICKS BUTT!!!!! :D

DSC00423_zps52e65389.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-141_zps168ce54b.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-142_zps474d697c.jpg

After the quick tour in the adult area, it was time to finally see our amazing room, so we headed that way. Our room was incredible, I loved the split bathroom layout and it really worked very well for us. The room also follows a Disney decor that is sure to please everyone. The bed was very nice and soft, the pillows were great as well. Although Sarah complained that the sofa bed was rather hard and out steward brought a egg-crate mattress for the reminding nights. He also did a great job with everything, while not the fastest we had, he was very efficient took a lot of attention to detail. This is the cruise that I had the most towel animals of any cruise and it was only a 3 day cruise.

Our balcony you ask well it was incredible, it was actually larger than the breakaway one, and the pole gave it character. I actually took a lot of pictures with the pole, it was really neat.

I would dare to say that this is the best room that I have ever cruised on!

Here is the room tour video, just click on the small picture.

I hope everyone enjoys it :D

And now the picture tour.

DisneyDreamday1-143_zpse242cff4.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-144_zpsfaab27dd.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-145_zpsce08653f.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-146_zps6a69384d.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-147_zpse614edea.jpg

The shower is rather low, tall folks might have an issue here. I believe Sarah bumped her head when exciting the bathroom once. That is kind of a pattern that I noticed in the ship, rather low ceilings.

DisneyDreamday1-148_zpsf114b495.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-161_zps460be515.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-162_zps57be3943.jpg

I guess this is a great time to talk about the TV system. They only offer a few channels and they are all Disney owned, so nothing very interesting there. Their tv system really shines with their free on demand movies. They offer all the Disney movies ever made, it is just incredible. The best thing is that the TV system recalls the movies and the time you stopped watching it so you can come back and continue watching your movie. I was very happy with the TV system on the Disney Dream, this has to be my favorite cruise TV system ever! Although the TV could be a little larger.

DisneyDreamday1-163_zps4bc0bb79.jpg

The mini fridge is empty when come in so that is a good thing. We immediately loaded it with all our drinks =)

DisneyDreamday1-164_zpsa97fbd44.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-165_zpsd4cf1391.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-166_zps94baddf7.jpg

Very neat art work. Notice the names of the 4 Disney Ships?

DisneyDreamday1-167_zps19b82211.jpg

From our balcony.

DisneyDreamday1-168_zps62a49cd5.jpg

For some reason I noticed that the sensation was nearly empty! Really there was like no one aboard that ship. At some point I thought the ship was just there and not leaving port that day. I think Carnival is having a hard time selling this older ships. When I drive to work I hear a carnival commercial almost every time. I think if you're a Florida resident you can board for around $160 for 3 days. I really like the adult area on that class of ships and how it faces the aft of the ship. Nicely done Carnival.

DisneyDreamday1-169_zpse63eb633.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-170_zps3e6c8dd4.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-171_zpsfea41e62.jpg

Our room also came with a small pool, I think it was designed for children ;-). Needless to say Gambee much more water to relax!

DisneyDreamday1-172_zps751463f3.jpg

After checking out the room and more importantly dropping off my heavy bag, we decided to head down to the kids area and check it out. I was really curious about this area and wanted to check it out ASAP. The area is very impressive, but that is exactly what you expect from Disney, and nothing less.

Here is the picture tour.

These are a really great way of keeping the kids hands clean. All you do is stick you hands in there and rotating water streams clean your hands without touching anything. They are really neat. We tried them a couple of times.

DisneyDreamday1-173_zpsb72d6ee7.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-174_zpsa16e716a.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-175_zps51fa1253.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-176_zps245a4808.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-177_zpse564ceb7.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-202_zps419e8bd0.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-203_zpsd35be3cd.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-204_zpsb76de60c.jpg

That was the older kids section, I never went to the teen area since I completely forgot about it.

I also went to the toddler area "It's a small world". That area lacked the Disney theme in every possible way, they should of incorporated more Disney elements in there. Sarah said that it followed the small world feel, but I could not tell you that. I rather see the Mickey head ect.

DisneyDreamday1-205_zps81af0b35.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-206_zps6520f4e7.jpg

Gambee, so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I have lost a number pf pets over my lifetime so I know that it is never easy, even when you know that they are suffering and it is for the best to let them go. I am sure he has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

rbowx.gif Rainbow Bridge rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I also want to thank you for the tips on the Olympus. I plan to practice with it in the pool some more before we cruise, but there are no fishies there to take pictures of. Pool or bathtub toys will have to do, as the cat doesn't want to go swimming!

Your review, as always, is awesome! It's getting me even more excited than I already was about our Fantasy cruise that's coming up in 38 days!

Then we left to go to the top decks, on the way there I took a few videos and pictures.

The Disney Dream offers a Spy game, we never played it, but I got a video of one of the picture frames.

DisneyDreamday1-209_zps213e27ef.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-210_zps72a65633.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-212_zps73492d77.jpg

DSC00435_zps5acbbac4.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-211_zps2f13c413.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-213_zpsc99c2e6d.jpg

We also stopped by the Buenavista Theater. Here is where they play new movies and do special screenings. On our cruise it was all about Planes, Monsters University and a few others. Planes had just come out.

DisneyDreamday1-214_zps830b1a47.jpg

Once upstairs we relaxed for a little while in the adult pool. All 3 of us made great use of the adult area, I think this is one of my favorite adult areas of any ship. It was very relaxing and sheltered from the noise of the adjacent areas. The only issue I had with it was that it was far from our cabin and it required a long walk to get there. I am also curious as to how will this area work in sea days, it seems to me that there might be a problem with space and lounges. But at this point I cant comment on it. All I can say is that while the other two pools were completely packed, this one was a nice piece of heaven to enjoy.

A side story, the pool attendant in that picture was amazing. We saw him there every second we where there it was incredible. He worked none-stop, excellent work ethic! We made sure the he knew that we noticed how hard he works at his job. The thing is that some of the back stage employees don't get the appreciation they deserve, I wish I was able to do more. But in this case since we spend so much time in the pool and saw him so often, we really appreciated the work he did for us. I am sure it helps his morale to know that guests really do notice all the hard work he does for everyone.

DisneyDreamday1-216_zps35b718dd.jpg

Anyway back to the story.

DisneyDreamday1-215_zps796f6f15.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-217_zps6a811875.jpg

Since my bag was not in the room yet, I just went with my shorts in the Jacuzzi. Sorry I just could not wait, lol. By the way those things are kept crazy hot, the warmest I have experience of any cruise!

DisneyDreamday1-218_zpsef54c0bd.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-219_zps558e1c7f.jpg

At 3:00 pm they hold a raffle in the spa, and everyone that did the tour participates in the raffle. Since we were right there, we decided to go. I was soaking wet so I did not last long there. The minute that I noticed that it was just a speech of all of their services followed by a raffle 40 minutes later, I decided to leave. Sarah however stayed until the end. You have to be there to win, but our names did not get called.

She told me a funny story, one of the massage staff asked "Who here wants to get stoned?" and an old men yelled "ME" and his wife immediately hushed him and told him to stay quiet. lol, by the way the lady was talking about the hot stone massage, not what might be thinking about. So for those thinking that Disney carries ganga, sorry no go folks, lol.

DisneyDreamday1-220_zpsd33140a4.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-221_zps382aec74.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-222_zpsaa62a2df.jpg

Then Sarah and I went for a little walking tour on the FWD of the ship. Here are the pictures I took.

DisneyDreamday1-223_zpsfdd59011.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-224_zpse1f7dbf9.jpg

By the way most bars are usually empty in the Dream, with the bring your own alcohol rule, you can pretty much go and get a drink at a bar within seconds. I guess in way it lacks the bar atmosphere that some people enjoy.

DisneyDreamday1-225_zpsb76352d6.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-232_zps42fbaac6.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-233_zps73b2f703.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-234_zps3be78098.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-235_zpsd6125a9f.jpg

That is the teen pool area, I heard other people saying that should be the adult area, but I would beg to differ. For me it is crucial that I get an ocean view while I am enjoying myself in the pool, and unless they figure how to implement windows down there I am not sure this area would have much appeal to me. None the less is it a very neat little area, I wish I had gone down there that day and seen it in person.

DisneyDreamday1-236_zps0a0c61ac.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-237_zps2e358e2b.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-245_zps4c12a355.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-246_zps629821c9.jpg

WE went back down to the adult pool area, and I went to the Cove Cafe to get some pictures I also got the menus for Remy and Palo. We never went to those restaurants as I had no intention on dressing up, and I wanted to try all of their 3 rotational restaurants.

DisneyDreamday1-247_zps75680a38.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-248_zpsb6ee1977.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-249_zps9a60d42c.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-250_zps37bc1a3b.jpg