!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

After relaxing in the pool for a little while it was almost time for Muster so we started heading to the room to get ready and the Muster. I took a few pictures on the way.

DisneyDreamday1-267_zps391e349d.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-268_zpsec541e1d.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-269_zps0519cb9f.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-270_zps5d1d4638.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-271_zpsdd830893.jpg

A lot of doors were decorated.

DisneyDreamday1-272_zps9a481cd8.jpg

Muster was about average, ours was in the club. Nothing really to point out except that the alarm noise was excruciating loud. They actually tell to cover your ears and even the crew covers theirs. This picture was after muster was done.

DisneyDreamday1-273_zpsa5a71514.jpg

For sail away we decided to stay in our balcony. Disney does have a large event by the pool, but as you can imagine it is packed and that is not exactly what I wanted for my cruise. I asked them if they wanted to go, but neither felt like going either. If you want to see the event just look for the video on youtube, type Disney Dream Sail away and you will see the video. I found out that it was a short show followed by a promotional campaign.

Something to note that is that Disney stream most of the events and Show performances live on TV. We found this out on the last day… lol.

I took a short time lapse of our sail away, I think it came out pretty neat. Check it out!

Here are the pics for our sail away. It was your average sail away, Port Canaveral is surprisingly long, I was not expecting that.

DisneyDreamday1-274_zpsea7737f8.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-275_zps8d935564.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-276_zps138fda15.jpg

It has a been hard day for me my friends. I have dealing with a lot of emotions during the past few days, and I am just trying to get through this. Long story short, I owned a dog. Unfortunately when I moved from my old place a few years ago, I could not bring him with me. I was very lucky that my friend took him into his house and gave him home with lots of love.

Today I went to pick him up to bring him to the vet and put him to sleep… It was more than just old age, the vet says that he had a tumor that was slowly paralyzing him. By the time I got him, he was in pretty bad shape. I will spare you the details, it was a horrible day for me. I have collapsed under pain, and all I can say is that I am very grateful to have a boyfriend as supportive as mine. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately for me this is the first time I deal with death, and so far I have proven to be a complete disaster at handling it. Adding to that I keep blaming myself for abandonment, even do everyone tells I did not, and that I did everything for him... I know I could of done more... There is always more you can do.

I will post some more of the review later on today, but now I just need to rest a little and try get some composure.

My baby is dead…

In loving memory of Milo, you will stay in my heart for ever…

Awe, so sorry! It is hard to lose a loved one or a pet:( I know, I've lost both. The gray kitty looks like my 17 year old cat, that we got on our honeymoon and that has been a part of our entire married life, she is now slowly declining and it's hard to watch.

Edited by wednesday

They actually went inside before I could get a clear picture, I hope they lasted outside a little longer for the aft balconies to get a view.

DisneyDreamday1-284_zpscbce3563.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-285_zpsd1cd08aa.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-286_zps59dcce5f.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-287_zps9be0b284.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-288_zpsa965b242.jpg

Edited by gambee

Gambee, so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I have lost a number pf pets over my lifetime so I know that it is never easy, even when you know that they are suffering and it is for the best to let them go. I am sure he has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

rbowx.gif Rainbow Bridge rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I also want to thank you for the tips on the Olympus. I plan to practice with it in the pool some more before we cruise, but there are no fishies there to take pictures of. Pool or bathtub toys will have to do, as the cat doesn't want to go swimming!

Your review, as always, is awesome! It's getting me even more excited than I already was about our Fantasy cruise that's coming up in 38 days!

Thank you, I read that short passage as a friend sent it to me earlier, but I like that is now in this thread. I truly appreciate it.

By the way you made me laugh by trying to make your cat swim, thank you :D.

Awe, so sorry! It is hard to lose a loved one or a pet:( I know, I've lost both. The gray kitty looks like my 17 year old cat, that we got on our honeymoon and that has been a part of our entire married life, she is now slowly declining and it's hard to watch.

That little kitty was Milo's best friend for a short period of time. He did not get along with dogs since he was abused before I adopted him and I think he saw them as a threat. But for some reason he grew attached to this kitty, although the kitty was a little mean to him. Later on my cuz took the cat and Milo was really sad for a good period of time. I am sorry about your cat, hope it gets to the point as to how I saw my dog today. I would not want to wish that on anyone.

OMG.. Your making want to go on a Disney Cruise Now!! I haven't read the entire review but from what I have ... "I love It!!! Thanks for posting !!!"

Welcome aboard, nice to see a Carnival here :).

I'm so happy to be reading one of your fresh reviews again, Gambee & Mom (and Sarah, too!). Only on page 3 and I can already smell the sea air . . . as usual, your photos are awesome and I, too, LOVE the illustration mode pix. Very artsy.

Ready to laugh with you again.

Ellen

Neat building, I wonder what it is going to be for?

DisneyDreamday1-290_zps0f854e9c.jpg

It's the Port Canaveral Welcome Center, almost finished, should be done by the end of the year. They were resurfacing some of the parking lots today. I was driving through on a mission earlier today and took a few pictures of the Welcome Center. I like it, some people think it looks like a sinking ship!

Edited by janeyzee

I love the photo doc and review so far Gambee!

But I've only gotten so far at page one at the moment.

Love the great shots of the Magic model in the terminal! I have only ever seen it from afar and love that Photobucket allows me to see it in great detail due to your high res photo's!

Looking forward to seeing more of your trip report!

ex techie

We always leave a "make a plate" template at guest services for the characters to sign. Then when we get home we mail it off to the company and it gets turned into a real melamine plate! Cute and so functional!

Nemo's Reef and the Aqua Lab (we've done Fantasy...won't do a cruise less than 1 week long!) are great areas for the kids (and I wouldn't describe them as small)!

The plate is a great idea!

And useful!

Absolutely LOVING the new review Gambee! Thoughts go to you on your sweet four legger crossing the Rainbow Bridge :-/. All your CC friends are here for you!

In happier news, darling boyfriend and I are looking at doing a Disney World/Disney Cruise vacation this fall cause we both could use a break. This review is going to be super helpful for the two of us adults looking to do a Disney cruise.

DisneyDreamday1-232_zps42fbaac6.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-233_zps73b2f703.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-234_zps3be78098.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-235_zpsd6125a9f.jpg

That is the teen pool area, I heard other people saying that should be the adult area, but I would beg to differ. For me it is crucial that I get an ocean view while I am enjoying myself in the pool, and unless they figure how to implement windows down there I am not sure this area would have much appeal to me. None the less is it a very neat little area, I wish I had gone down there that day and seen it in person.

DisneyDreamday1-236_zps0a0c61ac.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-237_zps2e358e2b.jpg

Question:

where is that teen swim deck? Looks like the big suites on deck 12 forward overlook it; is that true? Or is that area aft? Confused...

Also, as you can see I have two oldie goldies, and they are truly like your best behaved children (esp if you have the human kind also) so I am so sorry for your loss.

On a brighter note, loving your review, and coveting your balcony! Did you see the aft corner balconies on the dream on deck 7 and 8? those also look huge!! Thanks for your reviews!!

Yes, I saw that later. Looked at the camera, couldn't justify the price point to add to my collection just to get the cool effect. I'll have to look for Lightroom presets.

It is done with the illustration effect on the Sony RX100, so far it is the only camera to incorporate such feature. But there are apps that do similar jobs out there, I just dont know their names.