Allure D8 Cabin Question

laedw

What noise are you concerned with? There will be no noise level resulting from the neighboring staterooms that would be any different from a D4 or a D8 (or any other stateroom for that matter).

And there should not be any appreciable noise level in general from that location as the staterooms are on the outside of the ship. The dining room is below you and staterooms are above - nothing to cause concern with either choice.

What noise are you concerned with? There will be no noise level resulting from the neighboring staterooms that would be any different from a D4 or a D8 (or any other stateroom for that matter).

And there should not be any appreciable noise level in general from that location as the staterooms are on the outside of the ship. The dining room is below you and staterooms are above - nothing to cause concern with either choice.

I was under the impression that the D4 rooms hold more people - 5 max as opposed to the D8. If the cabins on either side of 6278 are filled to the max, I was concerned about the noise if the cabins have the maximum occupants. Am I wrong?

I was under the impression that the D4 rooms hold more people - 5 max as opposed to the D8. If the cabins on either side of 6278 are filled to the max, I was concerned about the noise if the cabins have the maximum occupants. Am I wrong?

D4's don't hold 5 passengers.

They hold 4 max. I would take 6288 for the same reason as yours, but would watch for a cabin in the same cat closer to elevator on deck 6 or 8

As others have mentioned they may hold up to 4 but not 5. And if they are not connecting rooms to your room then noise levels should not be an issue as the rooms are well insulated. But there have been reports of some noise through connecting doors. (There are symbols on the bottom of the deck plans on the RCI website that show the configuration and capacity for each stateroom category).

Keep in mind that any number of passengers can be heard if they are loud enough. Noise from neighboring staterooms has never been an issue with any of our cruises.

Interesting. RCCL customer service rep told me that the cabins holds 5 people. Thank you.

Then you need to speak to another RCI rep... They (D4's) won't hold or will they book 5 passengers in that catagory.

Then you need to speak to another RCI rep... They (D4's) won't hold or will they book 5 passengers in that catagory.

No standard cabin will accommodate 5 - I know because I have a family of 5 and when we cruise, I have to pay for a family sized stateroom (only on some ships), a family suite or 2 rooms where we can split into 2 and then 3 of us. It is EXTREMELY inconvenient but I totally understand and know how I have to travel... so no, they will not allow 5 in any D-category balcony room on any ship. 4 MAX.

This time we opted for 6130, end cabin so only 1 neighboring stateroom, no one walking past, and no balcony in front of our so no smoke issues.

But have heard on the Allure the staterooms are all pretty soundproof if you have the doors closed.

Will find out in Nov if it was a good choice or not.

Not sure of this but aren't these the small sofa beds that are designed to sleep 1?

No. I swear to the gods that this exists on Oasis/Allure. I will try to find the threads with posts of a person who talked about staying in such a cabin with her family of 5.

No. I swear to the gods that this exists on Oasis/Allure. I will try to find the threads with posts of a person who talked about staying in such a cabin with her family of 5.

No need to swear to those cruise gods..if you say it it must be true on the big girls :D:D

Trying to decide between D8 cabin #6288 or #6278. D4 cabins on both sides of 6278. Concerned with noise factor. Should I choose 6288?

So, back to your original question.

Yes, 6278 is between two cabins that COULD have 5 people in them.

But they rarely DO have 5 people in them.

I would not let this affect my decision AT ALL.

:)

Allure...B1... 12729 can hold 5 whether they allow it or not is a different story. There is a pullman and a full fold out couch that could easily hold 2 kids.

It also should be pointed out that just because a stateroom can sleep 4 (or 5, to appease the gods) that it will be booked with 4. That is only the max capacity it can handle. Many 2+ staterooms sail with only 2 booked in it.

But we have never booked (or not booked) a stateroom because of the capacity the one next door to it could hold. As said before, noise next door has never been an issue on our cruises - and any number of people in a stateroom can be loud (or quiet).

It also should be pointed out that just because a stateroom can sleep 4 (or 5, to appease the gods) that it will be booked with 4. That is only the max capacity it can handle. Many 2+ staterooms sail with only 2 booked in it.

But we have never booked (or not booked) a stateroom because of the capacity the one next door to it could hold. As said before, noise next door has never been an issue on our cruises - and any number of people in a stateroom can be loud (or quiet).

One? ;)

I will believe you Merion_Mom... I have always been told no-go for 5 in a regular balcony and have been quoted a premium price for 5 of us to stay in a 'family sized' room that can accommodate 5. However, I will not doubt you or that these do exist on Oasis and/or Allure. I will keep it in mind and ask again if we decide to try to take the family with us next time. :)

Archived