Air add-on help for Transatlantic Cruise

OK BOOK IT

On the Transatlantic Cruise from Dover to New York in Sept. 2006, can one book Air Tickets from Detroit to London and return tickets to Detroit from New York with Celebrity, at time of booking? Thanks for all help you can give me. Also, what would be the “ball park” figure for this extra add-on?

On the Transatlantic Cruise from Dover to New York in Sept. 2006, can one book Air Tickets from Detroit to London and return tickets to Detroit from New York with Celebrity, at time of booking? Thanks for all help you can give me. Also, what would be the “ball park” figure for this extra add-on?

In a word, sure.

According to the Celebrity website, airfare add-on for Detroit is $709 per person.

If you want to make special arrangements such as specific airline, flights or upgrades there is a $75 deviation fee for international destinations plus any the additional ticket cost. Check with your travel agent.

Happy cruising!

Any air included deals with the cruises for the transatlantic crossings? I am looking into the Millenuim on 11-18, found a 313 one way from Miami to Barcelona and this was with Fly Europe, they look like a Priceline type of deal, except that they give you the times and then i went to a different web site and found the name of the airline. It is called Crossair, they are Swiss Air. anyone deal with FlyEurope or Crossair??

Much appreciated

WASUP

On our last cruise (last month) the Baltics. We use Fly Europe with no problems. With the times of the flights we found the airlines being offered.

Net results were the airlines on the web were $2500 for two and we got the same flight using Fly europe was $1300 for two. Once we had booking number we call airline and booked the seats we wanted.

Any air included deals with the cruises for the transatlantic crossings? I am looking into the Millenuim on 11-18, found a 313 one way from Miami to Barcelona and this was with Fly Europe, they look like a Priceline type of deal, except that they give you the times and then i went to a different web site and found the name of the airline. It is called Crossair, they are Swiss Air. anyone deal with FlyEurope or Crossair??

Much appreciated

I can´t comment on Fly Europe or on crossair. Just wanted to say that Swiss Air is out of business since a while after going bancrupt. The airline that followed the bancruptcy is called Swiss.

They have been bought by the Lufthansa this year and will join the Star Alliance next year.

I flew with Swiss in Dec. 2003 DUS to EWR and it was a great flight. Excellent service.

We may be on the same cruise...09/09/06? I did some checking also re these flights. From Kansas City to London our fare is about 675 with X.

A breakdown of the fares by using independent air arrangements: The fare alone from Kansas City to Newark round trip is 348 and the fare from Newark to London is 395. These flights are on Continental from web sites. I did not try Flyeurope though.

The air from X is a little cheaper, and I plan to do Custom Air with X. If you are a captain's club member I don't think they will charge to do Custom Air, but I may be wrong? I think I will use Continental and Virgin. Non stops.

I talked to the rep at X and she said it is too early to request Custom Air for 06. We also want to do a pre cruise in London and Dover not using X hotels. Transfers would be included if you use X air, so that would be a cost if you do air independently.

Grace

We booked the Millenium on 11-18-05, great deal 991 for an inside, 14 days....barcelona to Fort Lauderdale, we live on Fort Lauderdale. We are seeing the air for 294 a person, one way thru Fly Europe. We are wanting to make sure about the way Fly Europe operates. They give you flight times, easy to go to another web site and figure the carrier. so then when you book, it says that a one way has to have a fax sent. Not sure what that is all about. So then you call the airline an book seats? Correct?

Thanks

HI WASUP.

Glad you're on the trans - come join our roll call This will be our third Millennium crossing. We did the first one and loved it so much that we plan it for every other year.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=4123601#post4123601

There are a nice group of us already signed up.

We booked our air through Celebrity and only have one way since we are going to Ft. Myers after the cruise to visit our son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. Celebrity gave us a good price for a one way on Delta Chicago to Barcelona.

The one thing I would be worried about is the luggage restrictions. Sometimes cheaper European airlines have lower weight restrictions.

We usually book a cruise with air then shop around for better rates. You can cencel the air with no penalty up until final payment.

Archived