Help with our next cruise please

Tink78

Hi everyone

We went on our first ever cruise in July on the Independence of the seas, the cruise was amazing but we had a few problems and have been given a future cruise certificate of nearly £700 as an apology. Soooooo another cruise next year?? why not!! Me and my son have decided we want to cruise the Caribbean, we are stuck between these three cruises and would love your opinion :)

Cruise 1 - Oasis, 9 night western Caribbean cruise, ports of call - Labadee, Hati

- Falmouth, Jamaica

- Cozumel, Mexico

Cruise 2 - Allure, 9 nights eastern Caribbean cruise, ports of call

- Nassau

- St. Thomas

- St. Maarten

Cruise 3 - Jewel of the seas, 9 night southern Caribbean cruise, ports of call

-St. Maarten

-St. Kitts

-Antigua

-St. Lucia

-Barbados

Has anyone done either of these cruises or even better more than one and can recommend?

Thanks guys

Becky

Ps - its just me and my son who will be 14 yrs old :)

Hi Tink

I have done all 3 itineraries but our Eastern and Western itineraries on Oasis and Allure were 7 nights and the Southern itinerary was done on a Celebrity cruise. Everyone will have different opinions on this I am sure, but I would do the Southern itinerary if I were given the choice, hands down! I loved all the ports of call particularly Antigua, St. Kitts and Barbados. Also, I am not sure if I would really enjoy a 9 night cruise with only 3 ports of call. Too many sea days for me! Although both ships are amazing :). Can't comment on the Jewel since haven't sailed her. I do love St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Labadee, but not a big fan of Cozumel (can take it or leave it) and when we port in Nassau, we generally stay on the ship (definitely can leave it). Again, JMHO. Enjoy!

Dolfans from Miami

We have done the Allure itinerary and the Jewel itinerary (and have done the western itinerary on other ships). It all depends on what your goals and expectations are for your vacation. Are you more interested in being onboard and in the shows? Or, do you want to visit a port every day?

Allure and Oasis are all about the ship and entertainment. These ships provide a very unique and special cruising experience. We love Labadee, it's our favorite port in the Caribbean.

Jewel is a beautiful ship, and the ports on that itinerary are wonderful. But, it can be a bit hectic visiting a port every day. We were rather tired and thought it wasn't as relaxing a cruise, but it was worth it to experience so many different places. Entertainment was kind of weak onboard Jewel.

We have done all three-favorite would be eastern or southern caribbean. Just like the ports better. Size of the ships are very different, Oasis and Allure have something for everyone all day/night; Jewel has alot to do on a smaller scale but still very nice you won't go wrong no matter which you choose.

All of those cruises are 7 night cruises. I am assuming that you said 9 due to the extra day pre and post for travel from the UK. Travelling with a 14 year old I would have to give the thumbs up to Oasis or Allure as there is so much to do and it's all about the ship so the ports aren't as important. I think if I had to pick one it would be the western just for Labadee.

If your not worried about your 14 year old getting bored then go for the Jewel and the incredible ports.

Thanks so much everyone for all your replies, we had decided on cruise 3 then, 'big' change and we are now booked on the 12 night Mediterranean Venice fly/cruise along with my parents, brother and s-in-law to be (it will be their honeymoon) we will also be celebrating two birthdays :)

Thanks so much everyone for all your replies, we had decided on cruise 3 then, 'big' change and we are now booked on the 12 night Mediterranean Venice fly/cruise along with my parents, brother and s-in-law to be (it will be their honeymoon) we will also be celebrating two birthdays :)

We've actually gone on cruise #2 and cruise #3 within the past year or so (on twin ships Oasis and Adventure respectively).

Enjoyed them both...so your decision comes down to personal preferences of the ships themselves (features) as well as destination ports.

Have a great cruise.

Archived