Shoes in Vatican

Southpawlady

I have read all recent posts regarding clothing in Churches in Rome. Thanks to recommendations from those I will get my Husband some zip off pants at REI. currently on sale (: My question is about the shoes required. Does he really need to wear dress shoes? Tennis Shoes, mostly white are his typical traveling shoes. He does have a pair of sandals, a little nicer looking than the Teva style. The signs online show no tennis shoes. Do they really follow through with that? I also saw the no flip flop symbol. Are sandals the do not go between your toes acceptable? Heading there in September. Comments and. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks

When typing "Vatican dress code" in my search engine you get different sights to link into. You also get picture images, two of which are on the link you provided. The first images have pictures of tennis shoes and flip flops with x's through them, showing them as unacceptable. If tennis shoes are okay to wear my husband will be pleased to find this out.

When typing "Vatican dress code" in my search engine you get different sights to link into. You also get picture images, two of which are on the link you provided. The first images have pictures of tennis shoes and flip flops with x's through them, showing them as unacceptable. If tennis shoes are okay to wear my husband will be pleased to find this out.

I have no idea where those are from, but they are definitely not the official Vatican signs. I believe if you look closely, it says something like "International Medical University" at the bottom. ;)

Archived