bathing suits on ferry/bus?

chucki999

Good to know. I have a two-piece which is a swim tank and a swim skirt. Would it be acceptable to wear a top, but wear the swim skirt with it? Obviously it's pretty short, but it doesn't show anything.

Would you wear this outfit on a bus in your own home town? I have tankini/swim shorts outfits and I wouldn't dream of wearing them on a bus without a tee shirt and proper shorts (usually Bermuda shorts) over the top - this is still quite a conservative island.

That said, what one sometimes seen worn on our buses by my fellow Bermudians (especially the teenagers) makes me cringe in a corner ... oh, I feel so old ... sigh ...

Bermuda is a British Colony and many traditions still stand. I think I would not wear that on a bus there.

Remember to always say Good morning or afternoon.

How I love Bermuda.

Bonnie

Bus drivers have been known to deny boarding to swim suits. Unfortunately, a number of people think Bermuda is like many Caribbean islands where anything goes. Some even think Bermuda is in the Caribbean.

Last time I was on the island was 1995, I witnessed many tourists denied boarding by the bus drivers due to just wearing a swimsuit. The island appeared to have somewhat of a formal flair to it! Looking forward to my second visit leaving in 12 days!

I was there last week and saw multiple people with swim suits on. Both children and adults. The signs in the the bus say swimwear but they also say no food or drink and I saw that too. These were the special busses from dockyard if that makes any difference.

I was there last week and saw multiple people with swim suits on. Both children and adults. The signs in the the bus say swimwear but they also say no food or drink and I saw that too. These were the special busses from dockyard if that makes any difference.

That couold make a different since the special buses go only to the beaches. They don't want wet, sandy suits on buses that regular commuters are riding, probably in business clothes.

One thing for sure, if a driver does not want someone on in a swimsuit, they will tell them and deny boarding until they are dressed properly.

There is a special bus that goes from the dockyard to Horseshoe Bay. I saw a number of men wearing their bathing trunks [no speedos :D] and shirts/shoes. Women all had on some type of cover-up. I think this bus is more relaxed.

On the buses that travel the rest of the island they expect you to be in appropriate dress. [includes the ferry]

Archived