Where is Sue Denning

sailnjmom49

I know that everyone has different tastes and likes/dislikes in personalities but beyond that the CD's job is mainly scheduling the entertainment on the ship.

We had B2Bs this past year on 2 different Celebrity ships and the difference that a schedule can make with virtually the same performers available was glaringly obvious.

The first cruise was nice but the ship felt "dead" at night. Just no life. Passengers wandering the halls (including us) looking for something.

Second cruise was on the Eclipse with Sue and the vibe was so different! Constant music everywhere. Choices of different entertainers constantly performing in different venues. Just life - a ship ALIVE at night.

The first CD was a perfectly nice young woman but she just didn't make use of her resources as Sue is a master of that.

Shame she's not leaving after the transatlantic crossing as I'm on the fjords cruise straight after... and was hoping she was going to take a holiday starting then...

We are all different and that's a good thing but I personally think her style is so far from modern luxury it's not even funny... 80's butlins style holiday camp comes to mind![emoji57] not to mention that it's a team effort but as we found THE SUE SHOW was a little too much!!!

got to agree with Mr T[emoji2]

just hope she isnt going to Reflection next month [emoji41][emoji636]

She's not my cup of tea but then I'm probably not hers either. One thing I will remark on though is the thoroughly remarkable job she does on board ship.

I don't know where she gets the energy from, she is absolutely a credit to her profession and cruise line.

I heard Sue Denning is leaving Eclipse in the next couple of weeks. Don't know who is replacing her, apparently even she didn't know!

Yup - Ben Powney used to be her replacement, but I believe he's on Solstice now. Curious to see who will be Sue's fill-in, when she's on vacation.

BTW, I agree with those who say Sue is the best Cruise Director in Celebrity's fleet. We just sailed on Equinox, and the Cruise director, while pleasant, was a far cry from how Sue interacts with guests - especially as Sue is constantly seen at all hours around the ship. Sometimes, I wonder if she sleeps :)

Is a CD not just one of those jobs where you will never please everyone ? Hi profile and you love yourself, low profile and you're not putting in the effort. I cant remember a CD on any cruise i've ever taken that everyone likes.

Is a CD not just one of those jobs where you will never please everyone ? Hi profile and you love yourself, low profile and you're not putting in the effort. I cant remember a CD on any cruise i've ever taken that everyone likes.

I agree

we've sailed with Sue as CD twice, once she was great the other she grated on me. We've got her this week when we board so we will see what mood I'm in and how she is

It's also very much down to our own mood and experience too

I have to say Sinan was the one that had me laughing all trip but he's presently out with the Century during its transformation into another cruise line

Cel X mission statement appears to be to provide Modern Luxury. much debate about towels etc but perhaps a different perspective . the bars and dining are changing,not to everybody's pleasing but hey ho .

So why is the Cruise Director's remit still to provide 1970's shows nightly and as for the daytime activities - please : putting on a 'lawn' that is3 inches long . water polo in a tiny pool ,bingo !

Cel X need to completely revamp this part of the operation . Current offering is a cross between Butlins & Hi de Hi [emoji14]

We enjoyed Sue on our March Eclipse. We went to the show every night. The talent was much better than our last couple of cruises.

Every port Sue was on the quay greeting folks & telling them to have a great day (nice touch!). It became a standing joke as every single day we had the same color outfits on. She'd see me coming & burst out laughing. My DH thought it was hysterical.

Sue was the cruise director on our Eclipse cruise last May. Even on days with early morning tour departures, she was on the dock greeting passengers as they left the ship. I have never seen another cruise director do this.

Neither have we, fair play to her for that, I'm sure she could get away without having to do that.

Sue was the cruise director on our Eclipse cruise last May. Even on days with early morning tour departures, she was on the dock greeting passengers as they left the ship. I have never seen another cruise director do this.

You've not sailed with John Grantham then( ex Century)

• 2 weeks later...
I believe he has taken another job elsewhere. He was on the Sillhouette in January.

Richard Spacey served as Cruise Director on Silhouette's sailing from 12-19 April... I believe that he's on home leave at the present time but indicated that he expects to be back aboard Silhouette when I sail again in July....

Best cruise director in my very humble opinion was Rich (something). I believe he has taken another job elsewhere. He was on the Sillhouette in January.

Richard Spacey; he served as Cruise Director during Silhouette's 12-19 April cruise and is, I believe, on home leave now... Rich indicated that he expects to be back aboard Silhouette--though assignments can/do change--when I'm back aboard in July...

Rich worked for Royal Caribbean for 22 years before transferring to Celebrity and claims to like the change... He's a very visible, engaged, and funny guy...

---

Sorry for my duplicate post... When I attempted to edit the first one to more fully quote Sandtrap328 and to expand upon my comments, I was unable to do so...

Edited by Xport

Richard Spacey; he served as Cruise Director during Silhouette's 12-19 April cruise and is, I believe, on home leave now... Rich indicated that he expects to be back aboard Silhouette--though assignments can/do change--when I'm back aboard in July...

Rich worked for Royal Caribbean for 22 years before transferring to Celebrity and claims to like the change... He's a very visible, engaged, and funny guy...

---

Richard Spacey is my all time favorite CD. We used to enjoy him on Royal Caribbean and were so pleasantly surprised to see him in Sihouette this February. He has an amazing sense of humor and endless energy.

Thanks Tiggertastic..... Eddie Jenkins....we're boarding Eclipse next Sat., so we'll see! Hopefully, as a new CD he'll try extra hard to make it a great cruise!!

Hope you will report back, I think he will still be on Eclipse at the end of July- could you possibly find out?

Sue told me she's off Dec to feb and back then until May

Brilliant I will get to see her again on Eclipse in April 16 b2b Caribbean and transatlantic. The atmosphere is always good when she's on board.

Sue told me she's off Dec to feb and back then until May

SO HAPPY to read this.

They've just dropped our favorite port (Bonaire) from the itinerary, along with the other changes so at least now I know there will be non-stop entertainment on the cruise!