Where is Sue Denning

sailnjmom49

well everyone is different 🤓

personally, I would rather have root canal work than endure 14 nights with this CD .

Us too.... Welcome to the sue denning show featuring celebrity eclipse! [emoji57]

• 1 year later...
Just back from celebrity reflection...March 11-18/17

Sue did an awesome job! One of the best:cool:

I totally agree utni do believe I heard that was her last week in the Reflection, and I heard she will be on the new ship but that of course is almost a year and a half away

I totally agree utni do believe I heard that was her last week in the Reflection, and I heard she will be on the new ship but that of course is almost a year and a half away

Find it hard to believe she would be CD on the Edge. Looking at the interior designs doesn't quite fit IMO. Agree she works hard but have alse heard her a quite rude to guests.

Last year we sailed 11 days on the Equinox (with a CD who shall remain nameless) followed immediately by 14 on the Eclipse (with Sue).

The difference in the scheduling, quality and amount of entertainment was glaring!

The Equinox was pretty much dead after 10 and the Eclipse (with those "senior" cruisers the previous poster alluded to) was hopping well into the night with a variety of things going on all over the ship!

Sue is a Master CD!!!

Hi Karen, I see you are on the Sue Denning defense team again.

Well, I am with the guy who would rather have root canal, :D If seats were easily available, I would come late to the shows to avoid her opening monologues! My goal is to avoid her and Perry Grant on all cruses. I kinda liked Eddy Jenkins on our Eclipse cruise.

Hi Karen, I see you are on the Sue Denning defense team again.

Well, I am with the guy who would rather have root canal, :D If seats were easily available, I would come late to the shows to avoid her opening monologues! My goal is to avoid her and Perry Grant on all cruses. I kinda liked Eddy Jenkins on our Eclipse cruise.

Hi Joe

I really liked Eddie and his dry British no-nonsense sense of humor.

But, as I said, I judge a CD by how many activities are programmed ( and for me I especially look at the evenings).

Eddie was great and there was usually plenty to do but when Sue was the CD there was even more.

ALWAYS several choices starting in the 10 - 10:30 time slot. And sometimes even later. (And I don't mean just the DJ in the Sky Lounge )

We had Sue as our CD on a recent cruise and could not have been less impressed. Her ego was massive, and her 'show' was like something you'd see on Saturday Night Live. It's nice that there is something for everyone on Celebrity, and we'll happily leave Sue for others.

You are very much entitled to your opinion, however in taking almost thirty cruises in would rate her and Richard Spacey as the best two CD's on any ship, they really make the cruise fun and are very personable .

Sue Denning was the CD on our recent Reflection cruise. It was our best cruise yet (all Celebrity) partly due to the nightly entertainment. I doubt I will forget her and I can't even recall the name of the CD of our cruise last October (or any of the other five we've been on). She may have her faults-she interrupted our conversation with a couple-B2B cruisers we had become friendly with at the bar in Michaels and never acknowledged us whatsoever. But still it was the best shipboard entertainment we have enjoyed!

We sailed on 2 Celebrity cruises in January 2017 - the Eclipse (January 8) and the Reflection (January 28). The CD on the first cruise was Eddy Jenkins. The second CD was Sue Denning. Both CD's had their strong points. I preferred Eddy, but Sue was also fine. He was better on stage, before and after the evening shows. I also enjoyed his lectures on culture and history, held during the Eclipse 2 week cruise. He had a dry wit and was very approachable- spoke with him a few times when randomly running into him on the ship. Sue Denning did a one woman show during our 7 night cruise on the Reflection. She sang some wonderful songs and told some funny stories- quite charming and talented. She wasn't as interesting in the Celebrity Theater, before and after the show. I also have sailed with CD Richard Spacey - he's a hoot.

Hi Joe

I really liked Eddie and his dry British no-nonsense sense of humor.

But, as I said, I judge a CD by how many activities are programmed ( and for me I especially look at the evenings).

Eddie was great and there was usually plenty to do but when Sue was the CD there was even more.

ALWAYS several choices starting in the 10 - 10:30 time slot. And sometimes even later. (And I don't mean just the DJ in the Sky Lounge )

Karen, we were always back in our room by 10-10:30PM EVERY NIGHT. After eating later and some wine with dinner, it is usually all over for us. That is why we both look at activities later in the evening differently. We are always so tired, especially when we have an early excursion in the morning. It was a fun cruise though!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 years later...

We were on the September 25th Summit cruise and Sue Denning had us wishing cruise would never end! He singing was outstanding! Everywhere on the ship we went she was there! I think she has a twin working on the Summit!😃