Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

We returned from a Mediterranean cruise earlier this month.  We used Rome In Limo while in Rome.  We took the two day Rome tour, including the Vatican with early admission.

Rome in Limo provided our party with transportation from the port to our Rome hotel.  The driver was on time, the vehicle was comfortable, the transportation was great.  It cost us 25 euro pp for our group of eight.  We would do that again.

The first day of our tour was ancient Rome, and a drive around Rome.  Our guides were good, and the tours very nice.  It was extremely hot in Rome, and they were both good about taking care of our more seasoned group members.  They did a great job.  If it hadn't been so hot, I know we could have seen more, but we did the best we could under the weather conditions.

Our second day was the Vatican Museum.  I would not go the Vatican without  a guide.  It was incredibly crowded and extremely hot.  You could hardly move around.  We had early admission.  Our guide was late and ok, but not great.  (This was my third time there, so i have some context.) Still, we couldn't have gotten through without the guide.  

I would use Rome in Limo again.  

Ohiodoglover

On 6/29/2019 at 7:40 AM, Beanb41 said:

For an additional fee it is also possible to go down into the Crypts under St Peters

This is the Scavi Tour and requires advance reservation directly from the Vatican.  It is an amazing tour and we are so glad we did it.  You can't wait till the last minute to book this as these are very small groups.  

On 7/6/2019 at 2:22 PM, Beanb41 said:

WE didn't do the tour as we didn't have enogh time and my wife is somewhat claustrophobic. If one suffers from this condition this tour is not recommended

The Vatican tour is not recommended if you are claustrophobic?

We've used RIL several times and I can't forget our tour of the Vatican and the city of Rome.  The car was very comfortable and the driver was excellent.  Our tour of the Vatican was the highlight.  Our tour guide, who happened to be named Mary, couldn't have been better.  I learned so much about the Vatican and I thought I knew a lot about it.   Best tours we have taken.   

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 2:38 AM, samavarcruiser said:

The Vatican tour is not recommended if you are claustrophobic?

I'm sure they are talking about the Scavi Tour, under St Peter's.  It is very tight, close and if you are claustrophobic probably impossible to do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, samavarcruiser said:

Can you please give me more details of your Rome and Vatican excursion, please.

Pretty much what many here have said.  We had a tour of Ancient Rome and surrounding areas in the morning and in the afternoon the driver dropped us off at the Vatican where the guide met us, took us into the Vatican museums right past the LONG LONG lines and then through the Museum.  She was very well versed on the museum and provided far more information than we would have gotten had we done them on our own.  At the end of the tour (about 3 hours) she left us in St Peter's Basilica.  It was a great day.

Rome in Limo was amazing from start to finish.  Contact them via email and Jany will reply quickly with all the information you need. I had no trouble booking our tours and had complete confidence.  Our flight was delayed by almost 4 hours and still Piero from Rome in Limo was there waiting for us.  He toured us for 4 hours and dropped us at our hotel.  He was kind, efficient and extremely knowledgable.  It was wonderful.  The next day he picked us up and we toured for an hour or so before our Vatican tour. Barbara from Rome in Limo toured us through the Vatican and we saw and understood so much more than we would have on our own.  Then Piero drove us to Civitavecchia to join our cruise.  The car was immaculate and cool on a triple digit day. Piero had cold water ready for us.   I can recommend Rome in Limo without any reservation at all.  Just book them. 

We did a tour to Siena and the Chianti region with Francisco. Interesting guy. Great tasting and food at a winery. Very pretty area. Siena is fun place to visit. We finished with a little driving around the sites of Florence, but Florence wasn't our focus, the Chianti region was.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:46 PM, CruiserBruce said:

We did a tour to Siena and the Chianti region with Francisco. Interesting guy. Great tasting and food at a winery. Very pretty area. Siena is fun place to visit. We finished with a little driving around the sites of Florence, but Florence wasn't our focus, the Chianti region was.

Thank you very much for your review CruiserBruce 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

We had the most wonderful experience!  RomeInLimo is by far the best way to vacation if you plan to visit Italy!!! We had the 2 day package in Rome with our driver-guides Michele and Alberto and our Vatican guide Barbara.  They were absolutely amazing!!!! We have never had such knowledgeable guides…it’s the little details they told us that made us truly appreciate the sites, the people, and the culture.  They made us feel like family!! A huge thanks to them for making our trip in Rome memorable.
We then used RomeInLimo services in Florence/Pisa and also in Naples/Positano/Sorrento/Pompeii.  The experiences we had just got better and better!! Our guides provided so much about the history and culture.  Having the flexibility to customize our sightseeing was a huge plus! A huge thanks again to Laura! Our guides knew where the best pizzas and pastas were!
My family and I would like to thank RomeInLimo for the wonderful experience we had and we hope someday to do this again! We highly recommend RomeInLimo if you want to enjoy Italy to its fullest!!!!

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, Cashmerepup said:

Rome in Limo was amazing from start to finish.  Contact them via email and Jany will reply quickly with all the information you need. I had no trouble booking our tours and had complete confidence.  Our flight was delayed by almost 4 hours and still Piero from Rome in Limo was there waiting for us.  He toured us for 4 hours and dropped us at our hotel.  He was kind, efficient and extremely knowledgable.  It was wonderful.  The next day he picked us up and we toured for an hour or so before our Vatican tour. Barbara from Rome in Limo toured us through the Vatican and we saw and understood so much more than we would have on our own.  Then Piero drove us to Civitavecchia to join our cruise.  The car was immaculate and cool on a triple digit day. Piero had cold water ready for us.   I can recommend Rome in Limo without any reservation at all.  Just book them. 

Thank you for mentioning the driver waited at the airport for your 4 hour delayed flight. Was looking to book RIL for an airport transfer with a Vatican tour on the way to the hotel and the website said they'd only wait 1 hour, then charge you as a 'no show.' Website also mentions you have to walk to the van pick up place. Do you recall? Is it a far walk?

2 hours ago, FamilyFunTraveler said:

We had the most wonderful experience!  RomeInLimo is by far the best way to vacation if you plan to visit Italy!!! We had the 2 day package in Rome with our driver-guides Michele and Alberto and our Vatican guide Barbara.  They were absolutely amazing!!!! We have never had such knowledgeable guides…it’s the little details they told us that made us truly appreciate the sites, the people, and the culture.  They made us feel like family!! A huge thanks to them for making our trip in Rome memorable.
We then used RomeInLimo services in Florence/Pisa and also in Naples/Positano/Sorrento/Pompeii.  The experiences we had just got better and better!! Our guides provided so much about the history and culture.  Having the flexibility to customize our sightseeing was a huge plus! A huge thanks again to Laura! Our guides knew where the best pizzas and pastas were!
My family and I would like to thank RomeInLimo for the wonderful experience we had and we hope someday to do this again! We highly recommend RomeInLimo if you want to enjoy Italy to its fullest!!!!

For the RomeInLimo tours in Florence/Pisa, was the company picking you up at the cruise terminal?

3 hours ago, T2inDC said:

Thank you for mentioning the driver waited at the airport for your 4 hour delayed flight. Was looking to book RIL for an airport transfer with a Vatican tour on the way to the hotel and the website said they'd only wait 1 hour, then charge you as a 'no show.' Website also mentions you have to walk to the van pick up place. Do you recall? Is it a far walk?

We did walk to the parking.    Driver met us after customs and we walked for 2 or 3 minutes to the exit and he drove the van up to pick us up.  The service was amazing. I would book them again in  a heartbeat. 

We had them pick us up at the cruise port and they were right on  time.  I've used them several times and would love to get back to Italy to do it again.   They handle any problems very professionally.  Best tour company we've ever used.   

On 7/28/2019 at 7:46 AM, CruiserBruce said:

We're doing this tour with Rome in Limo next month. Really looking forward to visiting Siena and the Chianti region, since we've been to Florence several times. Our ship is in port from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., so we have lots of time. Where did you go in Chianti? Let me know if you have any recommendations or suggestions. Thanks for your help! 

48 minutes ago, sunlover757 said:

We're doing this tour with Rome in Limo next month. Really looking forward to visiting Siena and the Chianti region, since we've been to Florence several times. Our ship is in port from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., so we have lots of time. Where did you go in Chianti? Let me know if you have any recommendations or suggestions. Thanks for your help! 

Don't remember the name of the winery. It was smallish, on top of a hill. The food and tasting were very well done. We spent a couple hours is Siena, and did a short drive by of Florence,  but Florence was not intended to be our focus.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We went with Romeinlimo to wineries both in Florence and Sicily-phenomenal! Also Romeinlimo found me some wine I was looking for that is only produced in a part of Naples, served it to us over peaches. We have used Romeinlimo at least 28 times at this point, for wines, family searches-successful ones thanks to Romeinlimo, and countless other places and experiences-Anzio being one. They are a fantastic tour company well worth the dollars spent.