Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

• 1 month later...

I see I posted on this thread way back in 2013.  I wanted to update my comments though.  This is what I posted on my current cruise.  I absolutely love this company.  I know that if I am cruising and we are going to Italy, this is where I start.  I don''t even need to read their website because they are masters at creating exactly what you need.  We are sailing again in June/July and the first place I went was their email.  I don't need their website.  I've read it before and the only thing I need is the capable hands of their office manager, Jany.  Amazingly, this is one company that actually listens to what you want and how you want it.  In the nine years since my original comment they have only gotten better. 

Look up the RomeInLimo website.  All the tours they have arranged for me – and this cruise makes six more in total – they have been awesome.  If you let Jany know exactly what you want, she will build a tour that meets all of your expectations.  That is one of the things I love about them.  Most tour companies tell you to check out their website and leave it at that.  Not RomeInLimo.  You tell them that what they sell isn’t exactly what you are looking for and they will customize it for you.  If you want it and they can get it – you will be amazed.  As I’ve stated before, every port with them has been totally customized for the kids.  Since we are hitting Naples twice we are doing two completely different things.  The kids don’t want scenery.  Not like an adult would.  So in this port they have arranged a private pizza making class.  This is the reason I love them.  I have never had an issue that they haven’t resolved.  Jany has worked there for years and she knows what she is doing.  I also found that their prices are competitive with everyone else.  The difference is – they offer a top quality tour.  This will make our fourth time in Italy and we used them every time.  Even when we did three days pre-cruise in Rome.  They met us at the airport and did two different days in the countryside, plus the day in Rome with a private guide at the Vatican.  We used them to transfer to the ship also.  That was another "day" trip.  It is hard to forget going up a windy mountain road to a teeny weeny "village" at the top.  When I say mountain, I mean carved out of the rocks.  Here is an example: both days at lunch the guide quickly went inside to talk to the restaurant to tell them to treat us well and what kind of food we were looking for.  I would say tell them NotEntirelyNormal sent you but they don’t know who that is LOL.  Tell them Mary-Lynn sent you.  That name they will know.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fishboy1947 said:

They have an excellent reputation as do several of their competitors. My problem with considering them for a future trip, with multiple ports that they service, is that they only accept cash. 

They have, in pre-Covid times, accepted credit card if you are booking early, like across the winter, before summer season. Not sure if they have re-instated that in post Covid times.

11 hours ago, notentirelynormal said:

I see I posted on this thread way back in 2013.  I wanted to update my comments though.  This is what I posted on my current cruise.  I absolutely love this company.  I know that if I am cruising and we are going to Italy, this is where I start.  I don''t even need to read their website because they are masters at creating exactly what you need.  We are sailing again in June/July and the first place I went was their email.  I don't need their website.  I've read it before and the only thing I need is the capable hands of their office manager, Jany.  Amazingly, this is one company that actually listens to what you want and how you want it.  In the nine years since my original comment they have only gotten better. 

Look up the RomeInLimo website.  All the tours they have arranged for me – and this cruise makes six more in total – they have been awesome.  If you let Jany know exactly what you want, she will build a tour that meets all of your expectations.  That is one of the things I love about them.  Most tour companies tell you to check out their website and leave it at that.  Not RomeInLimo.  You tell them that what they sell isn’t exactly what you are looking for and they will customize it for you.  If you want it and they can get it – you will be amazed.  As I’ve stated before, every port with them has been totally customized for the kids.  Since we are hitting Naples twice we are doing two completely different things.  The kids don’t want scenery.  Not like an adult would.  So in this port they have arranged a private pizza making class.  This is the reason I love them.  I have never had an issue that they haven’t resolved.  Jany has worked there for years and she knows what she is doing.  I also found that their prices are competitive with everyone else.  The difference is – they offer a top quality tour.  This will make our fourth time in Italy and we used them every time.  Even when we did three days pre-cruise in Rome.  They met us at the airport and did two different days in the countryside, plus the day in Rome with a private guide at the Vatican.  We used them to transfer to the ship also.  That was another "day" trip.  It is hard to forget going up a windy mountain road to a teeny weeny "village" at the top.  When I say mountain, I mean carved out of the rocks.  Here is an example: both days at lunch the guide quickly went inside to talk to the restaurant to tell them to treat us well and what kind of food we were looking for.  I would say tell them NotEntirelyNormal sent you but they don’t know who that is LOL.  Tell them Mary-Lynn sent you.  That name they will know.

thank you so much for this update! I'm using them for a tour in Amalfi and Sicily and transfer from Rome to cruise port.  I'm encouraged to email them to make a few changes to personalize the tours since you say they work with you. Got me all excited 🙂  and for sure will mention your name!

Edited by biksgirl

Please, ask them anything.  I have always had them personalize. They are one company that really listens. Our second cruise we toured the Almafi Coast with my mom.  She is really hard of hearing and she doesn't weigh much.  A wind could knock her over.  She was around 75-80 at the time,  As we are walking down the rock steps into the restaurant I overhear the driver talking to her.  He is talking right into her ear, holding on to her arm and guiding her all the while telling her that not only is she beautiful but she has such good balance and how smart she is.  You know, the Italian lover you always hear about and want to meet.  It made her day and boy did she feel special!  Right there he earned his keep - and tip!

The restaurant he took us to was amazing.  He ordered for us.  Now, we didn't know what to expect OR that they were picking up the tab so we were going easy not having seen a menu.  The food comes out and we are thinking - man, that isn't much food for three people so we eat sparingly.  Then the next course comes.  And the next.  And the next along with our wine for each course.  Oh, and then the desserts.  We were so full and so happy to find out it wasn't going to cost us a dime.

Just a note - they do still take credit cards but since life changed with Covid going on, they have been forced to change how far in advance you can use a credit card.  Now is it 7 to 10 days prior to service.  I don't blame them and let's face it, there are so many companies that ended up having to return money when Covid people couldn't travel. Money has been spent and now your trip is cancelled and they have to find it to refund it to you.  So far I have had one company in Marseilles that says she never got my money so she can't refund me.  Now I have to fight it with Paypal or however it was I paid her.  Anyway, just ask Jany about it.  If she can make it happen, she will.

Edited by notentirelynormal
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, notentirelynormal said:

Please, ask them anything.  I have always had them personalize. They are one company that really listens. Our second cruise we toured the Almafi Coast with my mom.  She is really hard of hearing and she doesn't weigh much.  A wind could knock her over.  She was around 75-80 at the time,  As we are walking down the rock steps into the restaurant I overhear the driver talking to her.  He is talking right into her ear, holding on to her arm and guiding her all the while telling her that not only is she beautiful but she has such good balance and how smart she is.  You know, the Italian lover you always hear about and want to meet.  It made her day and boy did she feel special!  Right there he earned his keep - and tip!

The restaurant he took us to was amazing.  He ordered for us.  Now, we didn't know what to expect OR that they were picking up the tab so we were going easy not having seen a menu.  The food comes out and we are thinking - man, that isn't much food for three people so we eat sparingly.  Then the next course comes.  And the next.  And the next along with our wine for each course.  Oh, and then the desserts.  We were so full and so happy to find out it wasn't going to cost us a dime.

Just a note - they do still take credit cards but since life changed with Covid going on, they have been forced to change how far in advance you can use a credit card.  Now is it 7 to 10 days prior to service.  I don't blame them and let's face it, there are so many companies that ended up having to return money when Covid people couldn't travel. Money has been spent and now your trip is cancelled and they have to find it to refund it to you.  So far I have had one company in Marseilles that says she never got my money so she can't refund me.  Now I have to fight it with Paypal or however it was I paid her.  Anyway, just ask Jany about it.  If she can make it happen, she will.

That’s good to know about the credit cards. Their website clearly states “cash only” or travelers checks. It is stated in the details of each tour. I like what I see and read about their services. Thank you

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 3:33 PM, Fishboy1947 said:

They have an excellent reputation as do several of their competitors. My problem with considering them for a future trip, with multiple ports that they service, is that they only accept cash. 

I used to think that as well but it is not true.  They do take credit cards but you must be closer to sail date.  As you can imagine, Covid hit everyone and cancellations and giving money back was not easy I'm sure.  I specifically asked this same question of them because I have six tours with them this time and that is a lot of money to have to carry with me.  Please contact them again and ask.  I know that I for sure am paying by credit card this cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently used Rome In Limo for an 8 hour tour of Rome. Stephane, our driver, delivered excellent service, brought us close to historic sights and often made recommendations to enhance our experience (especially lunch). His English was excellent, his vehicle clean and his service top notch. We would not hesitate to use them again for any of our tours in Italy. I would highly recommend their service for any tours in Italy.

• Like 2

I used Rome in Limo for 3 transfers and 2 excursions lately, and in my opinion, they are simply the best!  They are great communicators, reliable, friendly, patient, clean, and very knowledgeable.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot say enough good about Rome in Limo! We have used them before with excellent results and have just returned from a Med cruise where we used them again for 5 ports - Livorno, Palermo, Naples twice, and Civitavecchia. The experience is amazing - they take the stress out of touring. Jany is right on top of everything you need. She helped us find a Covid test center in Rome open on a Sunday so we could have our tour and take care of the USA required pre flight testing at an extremely low cost. The driver ensured we were there on time to take our tests. The 6 of us had a LOT of luggage so she made sure the van was large enough to hold it all when we were picked up at Civitavecchia for our Rome tour. We used them again as a transfer to the airport from the hotel in the morning. They have the timing down. Our tour from Livorno was excellent - we were at the tower of Pisa when no one was there. She customized our second tour in Naples to include an amazing wine tasting under Mount Vesuvius. Just ask and they will do everything to accommodate your requests. Highly recommend them for a relaxing, memorable visit to Italy!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
 FL

Outstand Service Always

Reviewed yesterday

I have been using Rome In Limo for over 10 years. Jany and her team are absolutely fantastic. I literally cannot say enough good things about the Company and their Service. Outstanding guides for both the Vatican and the Collseum, Their guides and drivers are so kind, knowledgeable and always on time.

Thank you once again Jany and Francesco for a wonderful visit to Italy.

We just returned from a Mediterranean cruise that began in Rome in June 2022.  We came upon RomeInLimo in 2019 on a previous cruise and were so happy with our tour that day.  While planning this trip we decided right away to return to Jany and RomeInLimo.  Our tour of Rome and the Vatican was just as amazing as it was the first time.  Our driver, Stefan was so professional, courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable!  We were in a beautiful black Mercedes touring sedan, SO comfortable!! We saw everything we wanted to see and more!  When making arrangements, Jany arranged for the same Vatican guide we had in 2019, Massimo!  He was so knowledgeable and witty - absolutely had a great time on that tour.  About halfway through he said he did remember us from those years before.  

This is just a great operation, and we will certainly use them again.  I really appreciate the prompt responses by Jany to my email questions.  We will certainly use them again, and would love to see what they have available in other cities in Italy.  5-star all the way!  🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Rome in Limo worked beautifully for our vacation tours!  For a year before our trip, we worked with Jany via e-mail and she was always prompt and informative with her replies.  Jany is organized and extremely helpful.

Our drivers, Fabrizio and Peter, were friendly and knowledgeable.  They went above and beyond to make our experiences memorable.   Our Vatican guide, Lucia, was also accommodating and personable.

We would highly recommend this professional and affordable company to anyone touring Italy!

We loved RomeInLimo when we used them on our cruise in 2015, so happy to report  they are still top notch. Don’t delay in booking as in one of our ports I was too late to book with them. The tour we did was from Naples called Positano/Sorrento/Pizza School.  We were in Naples in 2015 so had already been to Pompeii and this tour was perfect.  Our driver Alex was great and “pizza school” was a lot of fun.  The $20 add-on for pizza school is a great value. Besides the individual pizza we made, we also got salad and dessert. Originally we had 10 going so had 2 vans reserved.  2 of our group did not make the cruise and after I contacted RomeInLimo, they adjusted our reservation to one van that held 8. This was last minute and I appreciated their flexibility since it kept the per person cost down.  My niece used RomeInLimo in 3 different Italy ports based on our recommendation and she said they were all perfect too. 

• 4 weeks later...

Once again, Rome in Limo has provided another set of 3 amazing visits at our ports of call to Rome, Florence and Pisa, and Positano, Pompeii and a surprise.  

In 2014, I read about Rome in Limo here on the Roll Call of the cruise I was on at that time.  Fellow passengers on my sailing had posted tours to all the places I was hoping to find tours to and had a few seats to fill.  I contacted Rome in Limo and promptly heard back from Jany who booked us.  We experienced 3 phenomenal visits to Florence & Pisa, Rome, and Positano, Sorrento and Pompeii.  Each driver was truly an expert at each destination and provided us with such memorable experiences that I knew if I ever came back, I would contacting Rome in Limo again.

Fast forward to 2022.  Once our cruise was booked, about a year ago, I contacted Jany and started arranging tours to the same three ports as cruises were starting up in the Mediterranean again.  I had many questions as the world slowly opened up again, each of which Jany promptly answered every time.  I shared the tours on my Roll Call with an invitation to join us., and it didn't take long to fill them all.  Jany provided us with very detailed information as to where and when to meet the driver.  (My suggestion here, if you're sharing a tour, is to arrange a meeting point onboard the ship before disembarking to meet the driver.  This works beautifully as no one has to wait and the driver can often get a head start to beat the busses to the popular sites).

Our driver for Florence and Pisa was Sabrina, who loved sharing her knowledge of Tuscany with us.  We were looking to get some olive oil from the region and she knew exactly where to take us off the highway into the Tuscan countryside.  Once in Florence where we had booked a visit to the Accademia, she whisked us to the front of the line for our booked time.  She had the perfect Trattoria in mind for us to enjoy a delicious lunch.

In Rome, our driver was Francesco, who amazed us with his knowledge of his home city.  He expertly navigated all the streets in Rome while filling us with history and stories of what was before us.  After a walk around the Colosseum, a visit to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, he brought us to a quaint restaurant to enjoy another amazing meal.  He dropped us off at the Vatican for our booked tour and was waiting for us outside when we were done.

Daniel was our driver in Naples.  He expertly navigated us through the windy and scenic roads to Positano, stopping along the way at the most stunning scenic views.  With potential traffic issues in some areas, Daniel suggested that we do something a little different and took us to an amazing winery on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius.  What an amazing surprise this was and ended up being a highlight for all of us.  We loved it.  Here we enjoyed a wine tasting lunch which we will never forget.  We ended our day with a visit to Pompeii with a guide arranged through Rome in Limo.  

Jany went above and beyond to work with us on our various requests.  Each driver was an absolute delight, arriving with Mercedes Benz vans that were spotlessly clean and wonderfully air conditioned.  The drivers are in constant contact with each other at each port and got us back to our ship with plenty of time to spare.  

We were filled with so many unforgettable memories that we will cherish for a lifetime.  

We used RomeIn Limo last week in Rome.  There were six of us so it made the price attractive compared to the cruise line tour.  Our driver was phenomenal. We saw much more than we could have imagined.  On the way back to the ship we saw people coming from the train station.  Over a few bucks, I can't imagine that they saw anything near what we did.  I am happy to recommend this company.

• 5 weeks later...

Just returned from our cruise and four days in Rome.   Absolutely the best decision we made was to use Rome in limo to plan and help with our Rome visit.   Started about 60 days out contacting them. Jany was so responsive with emails, quotes, and conversation about how to set up a Vatican Tour, when and where to buy tickets, changes in itineraries we made, accommodating us 100 percent.   We contracted them to pick us up after the cruise, transfer to Rome, do an eight hour tour before dropping us at our hotel.  Stephan, our driver, and quasi guide provided us with so much back information on all our stops.  In our tour, we requested several churches that were on beyond central location.  He knew every church, why it was important, what art and artist to look for, etc.  In one  day we stopped at no less than eight churches, many city vistas, Knight of Malta, Trevi, Spanish Steps, and more.   We could not have covered anywhere near what we did on our own.  The Vatican tour guide Jany set up for us was absolutely informative and knew the ins and outs of the Vatican…Giovanni was our guide.   Prompt, knowledgeable, and most kind.   Finally we arranged for a driver from our hotel to the airport.  We changed our time for pickup a couple times as we got a bit nervous and wanted to be sure we were not rushed.   Driver was absolutely on time and the convenience of having prearranged was priceless.    You cannot go wrong with hiring Rome in Limo.   Fabulous, long term company, that puts your requests first in planning and execution.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the second time we used Romeinlimo services when we cruised the Mediterranean.   The first time was in 214 when we went with our children.  This cruise there were 8 adults. We used their services in Naples, Rome and Florence/ Pisa.   They customized our tours to what we wished to see and do and the drivers even made recommendations and made special stops.   Our guides- Mary in Pompeii and Julia at the Colleseum were excellent and extremely knowledgeable.   This company is top notch, communication is excellent and I cannot recommend them enough.  The price was far more reasonable then what the cruise line offered.   I am sure there are other good companies as well- just do your research and read reviews. I am just commenting on the amazing service I have received from this company.  

• Like 1