Tell me about Seranade of The Seas and others

Hi All,

As some may be aware, the Aug Equinox cruises have been cancelled...so its time to look at the alternatives...We are a group of 6 - Mum and Dad, Son and Partner, Daughter and Partner - age range 25-65. We really enjoyed the eclipse, as we felt it offered a lot of class and sophistication, plus the double sized balconies. We have to sail between end of july and end of Aug. Sadly greece and turkey will be too hot at theat time, and med out of Southampton has been done before, and is pretty pricey for a cruise that may not fit perfectly.

So what is Seranade like? Any exeperience of this ship in compasison to the S class ships - the itenary fits, but i am strugling to get people to come around to the ship....

Please Help - Any other sugestions welcomed.

Hi All,

As some may be aware, the Aug Equinox cruises have been cancelled...so its time to look at the alternatives...We are a group of 6 - Mum and Dad, Son and Partner, Daughter and Partner - age range 25-65. We really enjoyed the eclipse, as we felt it offered a lot of class and sophistication, plus the double sized balconies. We have to sail between end of july and end of Aug. Sadly greece and turkey will be too hot at theat time, and med out of Southampton has been done before, and is pretty pricey for a cruise that may not fit perfectly.

So what is Seranade like? Any exeperience of this ship in compasison to the S class ships - the itenary fits, but i am strugling to get people to come around to the ship....

Please Help - Any other sugestions welcomed.

The Seranade is a Radiance Class ship, which is the same hull design as Celebrity's Millennium Class ships. So, nothing like the Equinox, but similar to the Infinity that you have sailed on. Celebrity ships are less crowded; have better food; and better service. Royal ships can have more going on; good entertainment; and more family style activities.

Good Luck,

Kel:)

Have you tried posting this on the RCCL board as well? Might get more info from there from posters who've sailed that ship :)

A bit confused as this is the RCCL board :confused: - or maybe it was moved by the mods?

Anyway, to answer the OP. I'm not sure which itinerary you'll be doing - presumably the Italian one. We're about to do this next week and will also do a very similar itinerary on the Serenade next May. We chose both of them because we love the itineraries - a key factor in choosing our cruises.

We've sailed on a number of RC ships and on both S Class and M class on Celebrity. To be fair the class and sophistication you speak about is not something I would equate with RC ships - but then, if you're speaking in terms of the ship itself I wouldn't necessarily describe the M class ships that way.

Having only sailed on one Radiance class ship before I can say that I'm very excited to sail on Serenade as we felt this class of ship was by far our favourite and I agree with the person who said that it resembles the M class Celebrity ships.

This class of ship doesn't have all the 'bells and whistles' of some of the larger ships and it operates longer itineraries, which tend to attract an older and less of a 'party' crowd, which can very much change the ambience of a ship. However, I would also say that since you have some younger people in your group RC may be a better fit.

There are some great balconies to be had on these ships too - look at the corner afts.

I'm also interested in any feedback. I booked the June 28, 2014 on Serenade out of Barcelona. (I was on the chartered Celebrity sailing in August). I am (well, I was) a big fan of Celebrity. I like their food and service. I have cruised Princess twice and find it nice but not as nice as the Equinox.

I'm a little worried about the atmosphere (lots of kids?)' food (is it as good as Princess, in your opinion) and activities (not as pressing since there are only three sea days)

Thanks for any help

Raycruise, we are also on the June 28 Serenade sailing. We have started a roll call and need some more members, check it out.

We have sailed radiance class twice before to Europe but can't give any comparisons to other lines, other than our one Disney cruise.

Yes, there are kids since it is summer vacation, we had a couple in our group and they found plenty of companions, but in our experiences they were pretty good about enforcing the adults only areas. OR maybe we were just lucky and the families were policing themselves like we do.

I am looking forward to the enhancements on Serenade and trying out the Chef's table one night for dinner.

Archived