Windsurf 8/28

LouisG

Anyone else out there travelling on Windsurf 8/28 cruise from Rome to Barcelona? Also, we're looking for suggestions on activities in the various ports: Portoferraio/Portofino/Monte Carlo/St. Tropez/Marseille/Sete. All ideas are welcome and appreciated!!

Regards,

Louis

Hi Louis--

My husband and myself are also on this cruise. We are really looking forward to it. We leave for Italy in 47 days! We have a few tours arranged already. We are also doing a back to back and continuing on to Lisbon. I think our plan for Portofino, is to catch the train and go to Cinque Terre for a bit. Marseille, we have a private tour guide. I think we will have a private tour guide in Monaco as well...I haven't finalized it yet. Will look forward to meeting you on the ship.

Hi Louis,

We'll also be on this cruise. I don't have anything to add in terms of activities, but hope to do a little more research between now and then. I'd like to leave a few unstructured days to wander around on our own. I'm sure it will be wonderful no matter what we all decide to do. Looking forward to meeting you!

LL & Disneygal - thanks for your replies! :)

LL - Can you tell me how you found your private tour guides for the various locations? Sounds like a neat idea, my wife would love it.

Louis-

I just went by recommendations on cruise critic and other travel spots and then contacted them directly. What do you guys like to do? Can I ask your age group? After talking to some via e-mail, they recommend a friend in a different location, etc., etc. Actually, when you go with others, they discount the price a bit. We are going with Disneygal and her husband on the Marseille (surrounding area and towns) tour. We have never met in person....but met by these message boards, are about the same age, and decided to join together on this particular tour. You generally see more, do more, etc. than a tour off the ship list....plus you get more personal attention. We have found it the only way to go while cruising.

LL-

I would love to connect with you directly (maybe via phone?) - our email address is goldners@msn.com. My wife and I are 36 and simply enjoy exploring new places and meeting new people. We have never visited any of the ports on this trip.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Louis

Archived