Rookie Questions

sharmorr

2 Seniors with 2 30's.

(1) just booked Freedom in March thru AAA, Early Saver. How do you get price reductions - do I check online for my category? When do reductions generally happen?

(2) Going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman & Key West. Any excursion recommendations?

(3) Can I bring water, soda, wine, alcohol when I board?

(4) Any other tips greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Seniors with 2 30's.

(1) just booked Freedom in March thru AAA, Early Saver. How do you get price reductions - do I check online for my category? When do reductions generally happen?

There's no rhyme or reason -- I am just in the habit of checking the Carnival Fare Viewer twice a day -- sometime the price doesn't budge for weeks, then sometimes more than one reduction in a day.

Jamaica --If you've never done it, recommend Dunn's River falls

Grand Cayman -- recommend Sting Ray City and/or turtle farm

Key West -- the open air train is great -- hop on/hop off

Each PAX can bring some water and/or soda onboard -- think each person is limited to 12 20-oz bottles or cans. Wine: each PAX 21 or over may bring one bottle, 750 ml. in carry on bag. No other alcohol.

Answers above in red.

Have fun!

2 Seniors with 2 30's.

(1) just booked Freedom in March thru AAA, Early Saver. How do you get price reductions - do I check online for my category? When do reductions generally happen? You can check the fareviewer http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/# for price drops, but AAA, as your TA will have to submit for you.

(2) Going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman & Key West. Any excursion recommendations? Key West is very doable on your own. Walk Duval St, take a Conch Train tour, visit the aquarium. What interests you? I've done lots of land-based vacations there, never a cruise stop, but I can recommend something.

(3) Can I bring water, soda, wine, alcohol when I board? 12x20 ounce bottles of water OR soda per person. ONE 750ml bottle of WINE per adult over 21. No magnums, no boxes. No alcohol.

Have a great time!

2 Seniors with 2 30's.

Can't give much advice about (1)...but here's my two cents on the rest.

(2) We just went on the Freedom back in July and loved it! Great choice. Here's the excursions we did:

Jamaica - Sky Explorer..great if you just want a relaxing and safe excursion in Jamaica. Beautiful infinity pool at the top of the ski lift, a bobsled ride etc..great views of the ship in port! We enjoyed immensely.

Grand Cayman - Seven Mile Beach. BEAUTIFUL beach, we did some great snorkeling. Enjoyed every second.

Key West - Old Town Trolley Hop on Hop off. You see SO much of Key West with funny, informative guides. Hop on/off option very convenient. Never waited more than 10-15 min for another trolley.

We booked all excursions through Carnival directly.

(3) We brought a bottle of wine per person over 21 onboard, no problem. I think you can also bring one case of water OR soda per person as well - we have not done this.

(4)If you bring your own wine, also bring a corkscrew so you can open it in your cabin yourself, thus avoiding the corkage fee. We asked our steward to bring us some wine glasses..we opened/poured our wine in our cabin and brought it with us to dinner! It was great and worked out well. We stored the white wine in the cabin fridge.

Archived