newby questions on the Breeze

sgmn

Hi everyone

We've done a few cruise's in the past on RC and Cunard but first time on Carnival. We are on Breeze on 22Sept and really looking forward to it. Found out plenty of info reading these forums but have a few more questions and would appreciate any help :)

1) Does the window open in our OV on main deck and can I hear the waves?

2) Can I get a day pass to the spa?

3) Where is the best place for 'Sail Away'

4) Hubby loves star gazing (the ones in the sky!) - is there a dark area on deck suitable for this ?

5) We are coming from the UK and spending a couple of days in Miami Beach first - how long will the taxi take to get from there to the port?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sue

I like the serenity deck for sail away, you can still step out and watch the fun by the pool, but without the madness.

The port is not very far from Miami. To get to the beach depending on traffic, should take about 20 minutes tops.

Hi everyone

We've done a few cruise's in the past on RC and Cunard but first time on Carnival. We are on Breeze on 22Sept and really looking forward to it. Found out plenty of info reading these forums but have a few more questions and would appreciate any help :)

1) Does the window open in our OV on main deck and can I hear the waves?

If you only have a window, then no, sorry.

2) Can I get a day pass to the spa? Yes, but I do not the cost.

3) Where is the best place for 'Sail Away'? We usually go to the "not so secret" deck. Walk all the way forward on one of the cabin decks. There will be a door on either side, then another door to the outside deck.

4) Hubby loves star gazing (the ones in the sky!) - is there a dark area on deck suitable for this ? Same as the sailaway deck. If you are able to go to the deck under the bridge, there will be no light at all and the star light should be unimpeded.

5) We are coming from the UK and spending a couple of days in Miami Beach first - how long will the taxi take to get from there to the port? It should take no more than 20 minutes.

Sue

Have a wonderful cruise.

You would think you would really see the stars from the ship but I have been disappointed with what I have seen. The lights on the ship are just too bright for this. You can do much better on the shore in isolated areas.

On the other hand, if you go out on the top decks late at night, you can't help but get the feeling of how small you are in this universe. You can look out and it is just black space. Once in awhile you may see the lights from a passing ship or a distant island but you can't help but be impressed. Then you will head and see the waves made by the ship and there is nothing else. ................ I know ..................I know .............I should have been a poet.

Hi everyone

1) Does the window open in our OV on main deck and can I hear the waves? Not if it's a standard window.

2) Can I get a day pass to the spa? Yes, as PP stated.

3) Where is the best place for 'Sail Away' My favorite place is on the aft Lido.

4) Hubby loves star gazing (the ones in the sky!) - is there a dark area on deck suitable for this ? Sometimes that secret deck mentioned previously is closed after dark. I would go up to the sports deck.

5) We are coming from the UK and spending a couple of days in Miami Beach first - how long will the taxi take to get from there to the port? It depends on where you are staying, if close to the airport it's going to be about 30 minutes, I usually stay at the Holiday Inn POM and can see the ships from my hotel. A cab ride is about 10 minutes if you're on Biscayne Bay Blvd.

Sue

Enjoy your cruise, the Breeze is a beautiful ship truely the best in the fleet IMO.

Archived