Vacation Protection Insurance - RCCL

Dreamwonder

Hi, I'm newbie here and would be a first time cruiser also.

I'd like to purchase today cruise with insurance on RCCL - Liberty of the Seas, sailing on October 6, 2013, Port of call: Barcelona. I am from Asia and I will be needing Schengen Visa. I plan to apply tomorrow for the Schengen Visa. Will I able to reimburse the cruise cost? in case my application for Schengen visa denied. As far as my knowledge, I dont see any reason to be denied from visa but no one can guarantee also. I know, cruising needs to plan much a head of time but for some formalities. I was not able to do so. I really want to experience it.

Thank you folks.

Wait until you get the VISA before you book. If you book the cruise and don't get the VISA, the cruise line will not give all your money back. The percentage depends on how many days until the cruise. 60 days before you get it all back but they keep a large percentage if after that. You can look this up under 'cancelations' on RCCL's site. Usually you don't have to book way in advance. Last month we booked the cruise Sunday and got on the ship Wednesday and we have booked even closer to the sail date. I don't think cruise insurance would be given if you can't go because you don't get a VISA. Read the policy before you pay for it.

Wait until you get the VISA before you book. If you book the cruise and don't get the VISA, the cruise line will not give all your money back. The percentage depends on how many days until the cruise. 60 days before you get it all back but they keep a large percentage if after that. You can look this up under 'cancelations' on RCCL's site. Usually you don't have to book way in advance. Last month we booked the cruise Sunday and got on the ship Wednesday and we have booked even closer to the sail date. I don't think cruise insurance would be given if you can't go because you don't get a VISA. Read the policy before you pay for it.

_____

Many Thanks Bonnie J.

Perhaps, I should have plan B on my travel plan. I just contacted RCCL Arabia. They said " I should contact the insurance company directly". They just want sell their cruise immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, thanks for your feedback. I got Schengen Visa already on process of booking with RCL regional agent. I purchase travel insurance through local insurance agent here in KSA but looking to RCL travel insurance. It seems there is not much difference with Insurance I got except for this waiver condition. I thought by purchasing cruise with insurance would be a lot better. I think i got little bit confuse with other insurance agent on NCL & Carnival comparing to RCL. I think NCL & carnival insurance offer better coverage.

Hi Guys, thanks for your feedback. I got Schengen Visa already on process of booking with RCL regional agent. I purchase travel insurance through local insurance agent here in KSA but looking to RCL travel insurance. It seems there is not much difference with Insurance I got except for this waiver condition. I thought by purchasing cruise with insurance would be a lot better. I think i got little bit confuse with other insurance agent on NCL & Carnival comparing to RCL. I think NCL & carnival insurance offer better coverage.

Actually the private travel insurance you can purchase is usually much better than what the cruiseline offers...Enjoy !!

Archived