LIVE From the ALLURE of the SEAS with Trainman & Judith

Trainman-2

Hey Jim!

Just finishing a review of our two weeks on the Freedom, so I am just now catching up with yours. Great....as always. Rev is a cruise buddy of mine so tell her hello from me!

Looking forward to following along now that I finished my review. Sorry that you won't be cruising with RCI again, but I can understand. Maybe give it a try one time and see how it goes.

Y'all keep having fun!

Good Morning Trainman:

I am loving your live review. I am so interested in reading your blog. How do I find it. I, too, live on a small spread with horses and would love to compare stories.

Love the picture of you and your lovely wife where you are dressed in uniform. Thank you for your service.

Hope Judith is feeling well today.

Judith is feeling good this morning.

For those of you who don't know, she is a former Doctor and carries her "Doctor's Kit" with her when we travel.

We had a nice breakfast in the Windjammer. it was not crowded at all and we got a nice table for two by the window.

DSCN0255_zpse7dd6233.jpg

DSCN0254_zpsa2d7c22a.jpg

Across from us is an island or peninsula that created the old English Harbor from the Sailing Ship Days.

There is a nice looking hotel/condo project which, I was told, last time we were here, failed financially and is just sitting there, half built.

FSCN0266_zpsfb141250.jpg

FSCN0264_zps783bf040.jpg

FSCN0262_zps91ff853c.jpg

Good Morning Trainman:

I am loving your live review. I am so interested in reading your blog. How do I find it. I, too, live on a small spread with horses and would love to compare stories.

Love the picture of you and your lovely wife where you are dressed in uniform. Thank you for your service.

Hope Judith is feeling well today.

Thank you!

There are actually five different threads. You can find them all here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=846

Gee whiz Jim, you're on a cruise and still posting on the Corvette Forum!;)

I am an early riser and it keeps me busy...

I have followed and participated in local, state, and national politics for years.

I am a former elected City Councilman.

We both watched President Obama's speech last night but CC Rules prohibit me from commenting here, therefore, my visits to the Corvette Forum and several others.

I am on an unlimited internet package for the first time ever and I plan to get my money's worth.

I am an early riser and it keeps me busy...

I have followed and participated in local, state, and national politics for years.

I am a former elected City Councilman.

We both watched President Obama's speech last night but CC Rules prohibit me from commenting here, therefore, my visits to the Corvette Forum and several others.

I am on an unlimited internet package for the first time ever and I plan to get my money's worth.

I like reading your threads on the CFOT! Keep 'em coming!

Enjoy the cruise, we'll be on the Allure Dec. 1st. How's the CL and DL?

71 Green 454

He ended up rebuilding the entire latch assembly which took almost two hours.

All of this time the door to the hallway was blocked open and the sliding door to the balcony was open and the hot tropical wind was roaring through the room. It was hot in the cabin! Judith was loving it and I was miserable!

But he got it fixed and moved on to his next repair assignment.

For Marie and me that would have probably been the same response. She always thinks the cabin is too cold.

Bill

I am interested to hear how your day goes.

WOW, something I never knew. I would've been saying a few choice words too, followed by the same call to maintenance. I will check Oasis in November to see if they have them, but I have never seen them on Oasis or Allure. I never look too far behind the curtains. I am just happy that they open and shut. A great way to keep the pirates out though:)

I am enjoying the review. Hopefully your wife is not too bruised from her little tumble. The girl you took the picture of has a great smile.

Andrew

They had them on the Oasis last week.

Hi sent a question earlier and may have missed the response but wanted to know if the divider on the balcony can be opened. We were on fos western in 2012 and have now booked fos eastern in October 2014 and would really like to open the divider as my parents will be next door. Could u find out please?

Hi sent a question earlier and may have missed the response but wanted to know if the divider on the balcony can be opened. We were on fos western in 2012 and have now booked fos eastern in October 2014 and would really like to open the divider as my parents will be next door. Could u find out please?

I'm on the Allure now and I have seen dividers opened on some balcony cabins.

But you are asking FOS though.

We had dividers open on the Allure in May.

The design of the doors allows them to be opened.

It depends on who you ask if they will open them or not. Some people get them opened and some don't.

I haven't been able to get a clear answer.

I am still trying to find out for sure what the policy is.

We are back from our historical tour of Falmouth but we are pooped for sure.

We saw a lot of neat stuff and a lot of hard core poverty.

More later...

Welcome back. Enjoy the AC and a cold drink of some variety.

I am curious to hear how the driver worked out and if you felt "safe" during your tour of Falmouth. We lost that sense of security in Jamica a few years ago, but I am curious enough to explore safely in the future. DW not so much.

Looking forward to today's update.

Andrew

We are back from our historical tour of Falmouth but we are pooped for sure.

We saw a lot of neat stuff and a lot of hard core poverty.

More later...

Happy napping.

THANKS for allowing us all to travel along again.:) Enjoying the live from posts as always.

Looking forward to your impressions of Falmouth.

Archived