Rumours for 2015

DISNEY FANTASY

In August on my blog for Alaska I posted some rumours I had heard for 2015, on the a wonder many staff confirmed that the Wonder will go back to Alaska for 2015 as well as 2014' and would dry dock after the 2015 season after getting an extension permit, as its refit will make it go long for Panama Canal. Now I also heard from at least three sources that the senior staff on the zmAgic are telling cruisers that they are going to the Baltic again in 2015. Now I first heard this rumour in July when instead of saying they are going to the Med in 2015' they said there going to Europe, which was interesting. My thoughts were firmed up a bit more when a friend on the magic quoting the captain said DCL will go yo the Baltic from Copenhsgen in summer 2015 He was told not to post that on a particular DCL cruise forum. Now another person has posted on WDW magic they also have been told by the CD Peter that the Magic is going to the Baltic in 2015. I have heard Harwich UK And Dover mentioned. PS dream and fantasy as usual. Fantasy might cover the eastern Caribbean more with San Juan and Tortola and the zmAgic cover western Caribbean cruises in the winter , popular southern Caribbean cruises will be back. Now this is all rumour and I didn't post anything bar on my own blog last month as it is rumour and things can and do change, we were told cruises will come out in December, the first week but one poster has said in two weeks time, I think that's wring but you never know.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Just want to add this rumour hasn't hit the other side as yet or another cruise blog which normally posts speculation , you can check, I posted this on my blog twice in August, when on ship and also when I hot home three weeks ago, nowadays I do not post any future cruise predictions until I have heard it at least three times from three different sources as there is a lot of misinformation out there but the Baltic rumour has been attributed to the CD and Captain three times so far. Note in 2010 the Magic went to Europe via Med first say June then to the UK Dover then sailed the Baltic from there and then went back to the Med for August. These are strong rumours I personally wouldn't have expected them to set there plans for 2015 so early but eith the success of the Med this year it's credible. Also when I was on the Baltic cruises in 2010 I was asked for feedback on tours DCL and private what I did and why, as DCL will be back in a few years.

It would not surprise me at all if the Wonder received a extension for the *duck tail*. The Canal is way behind and extensions are not at all unusual in the Maritime industry.

AKK

I had a number of people on the Wonder tell me exactly this, that DCL had applied for a permit somehow, pardon me you will know more about the technical words on that, than me, and said the case was the delays on the Panama Canal, it was expected to be finished far sooner. So DCL has applied for this extension permit and dry dock will be fall 2015 with the Wonder in Alaska summer 2015 where it has a five year agreement on port calls and cruises are selling very well. It will come back through an EB repo to East Coast and have a six week dry-dock somewhere like Norfolk. Any sooner and a wonder can't get through Panama as its too long with this fin on it. Magic is having its added now in Cadiz and is in Europe in 2015.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Just want to add this rumour hasn't hit the other side as yet or another cruise blog which normally posts speculation

True, Scott does not post rumors on his Disney Cruise Line Blog. He will only "speculate" once he has the facts and data to back it up. ;)

True, Scott does not post rumors on his Disney Cruise Line Blog. He will only "speculate" once he has the facts and data to back it up. ;)

I think get gets most of it from official DCL posts and official DCL Facebook, but he has posted a lot of rumours as well picked up from the Disboards posts.

The people associated with the Baltic rumours are Peter Hoffa the CD and the Captain, CPtn John, which to me seem to be a very good source of information, with so many people reporting them saying this it would either mean they are going, or deliberately putting out false information.as I have also heard this from another place, it seems consistent.

Port bookings can only tell part of any story, as DCL plans at least three years in advance with alternatives and so can and do cancel at the last minute before a release.

To give an idea DCL before 2010 made a five year agreement with Alaska ports of call starting in 2011, now others have said they are unsure if DCL will go back each year, but they have a five year agreement! They do need to get a permit each year. Some post will they won't they? But Alaska and Med cruises continue to sell very well at high prices.

On the other hand Galveston had an agreement but it was cancelled.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I will re post my OP as I was on IPAD and made a few typos on it which will be confusing.

In August on my blog for Alaska I posted some rumors I had heard for 2015, on the a Wonder many staff confirmed that the Wonder will go back to Alaska for 2015 as well as 2014,- and would dry dock after the 2015 season after getting an extension permit, as its refit will make it go long for Panama Canal.

Now I also heard from at least three sources that the senior staff on the Magic are telling cruisers that they are going to the Baltic again in 2015.

Now I first heard this rumor in July when instead of saying they are going to the Med in 2015' they said there going to Europe, which was interesting.

My thoughts were firmed up a bit more when a friend on the magic quoting the captain said DCL will go yo the Baltic from Copenhagen in summer 2015 He was told not to post that on a particular DCL cruise forum.

Now another person has posted on WDW magic they also have been told by the CD Peter that the Magic is going to the Baltic in 2015.

I have heard Harwich UK And Dover mentioned.

(PS Dream and Fantasy as usual. Fantasy might cover the eastern Caribbean more with San Juan and Tortola and the Magic cover Western Caribbean cruises in the winter , popular southern Caribbean cruises will be back.)

Now this is all rumor and I didn't post anything bar on my own blog last month as it is rumor and things can and do change, we were told cruises will come out in December, the first week but one poster has said in two weeks time, I think that's wring but you never know.

I was on the Magic in July and August. We were being told that she would be "In Europe" in 2015, "but maybe not the same ports as we've been doing." So this confirms your info.

If anyone cares, the cruise out of Dover was great! 2010 (?) maybe

Edited by moki'smommy

Would love it if the southern caribbean cruises came back! Wanted to go next year but can't with school schedules. Any chance they would add more sailings at more convenient times for families? I really don't want to go without my elementary aged son, but don't endorse missing weeks of school for vacations.

Am just chomping at the bit for the eastern caribbean Fantasy itineraries. I will book the day they come out!

AFAIK, every cruise ship must undergo a dry inspection (dry dock) of the hull twice within a 5 year period.

So that could mean after two years, and then not again for another 3 years, but not extended beyond that.

DCL are installing a "duck tail" (they even theme the addition to the ships stern in a Disney way lol!) to the Magic. It will increase stability/aquadynamic's etc etc. (Make her look Urrrrgllllie IMO!)

But the Wonder is due to go back to the West Coast next year, and the Panama Canal is behind schedule so the canal will not be able to accept the extra length of the "duck tail" if the Wonder has her's installed next year.

DCL have managed to get approval from the IMO and Lloyds List who insure her to extend the period of not going into dry dock for this reason.

I'm sure an underwater inspection will have to be done in this instance, and if any trouble is found (rusted hull) she "could" end up being tied up somewhere until DCL can make her seaworthy again.

DCL obviously think this is an acceptable risk. I just hope Fincantiari used better steel on the Wonder than the Magic!

Here you can see the new 1000 ton (?) behind of the Magic after her dry dock:

Disney-Magic-Refurb-Aft-Rendering.jpg

Credit: disneycruiselineblog

HTH's

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Super excited to hear that not only might Disney be in Europe again in 2015 (the earliest I could book a cruise) but that they might even sail from just down the road from us in Harwich! Result! Thank you, you've made my day and cheered up a difficult week!

Well more and more are saying that they have heard something about this, I was hearing the in 'Europe, bit since July the same as others, and found that interesting that they didn't say, in the Med! Seven night sailings do work from Copenhagen, RCL do it, with ST Petes, Tallinn , Hzelsinki and Stockholm as ports of call. UK is an option as 2010.

Well more and more are saying that they have heard something about this, I was hearing the in 'Europe, bit since July the same as others, and found that interesting that they didn't say, in the Med! Seven night sailings do work from Copenhagen, RCL do it, with ST Petes, Tallinn , Hzelsinki and Stockholm as ports of call. UK is an option as 2010.

We just did a 9 night Baltic sailing out of Copenhagen on NCL this summer. Our itinerary included Warnemunde, Germany, Tallinn, Estonia, St. Petersburg (2 days), Helsinki, Finland and Stockholm, Sweden. Copenhagen has a great airport and we really enjoyed our pre-cruise days in the city, very walkable and my DDs had a blast at Tivoli. It seems to be a very popular embarkation point for Baltic cruises and other Northern Europe itineraries.

Has anyone heard any rumors about DCL returning to New York for 2015? We're looking for a new cruise line and we'd prefer to cruise from close-to-home than flying to Florida.

To me they have run out if ships, Magic in Europe, Wonder in Alaska, Fantasy in Carribean, and a dream in Bahsmas, now never say never as things can and do change, but they can't do everything, the Med and Alaska are selling very well indeed at higher prices than out of Florida where VGR zare coming out, New York to Bahamas sold ok, but not impressive.

We just did a 9 night Baltic sailing out of Copenhagen on NCL this summer. Our itinerary included Warnemunde, Germany, Tallinn, Estonia, St. Petersburg (2 days), Helsinki, Finland and Stockholm, Sweden. Copenhagen has a great airport and we really enjoyed our pre-cruise days in the city, very walkable and my DDs had a blast at Tivoli. It seems to be a very popular embarkation point for Baltic cruises and other Northern Europe itineraries.

Sounds very good, the Captain is reported to have said out of Copenhagen, but others say a UK port, now they might be having some fun and games with us but why say it on a number of cruises?

I loved my Baltic cruise and my one and a half days in St Petes. Sounds a great cruise you had!

I was on the Magic in July and August. We were being told that she would be "In Europe" in 2015' date=' "but maybe not the same ports as we've been doing." So this confirms your info.

If anyone cares, the cruise out of Dover was great! 2010 (?) maybe[/quote']

Yes it was 2010. And wasn't it AMAZING. I can't imagine why they would shorten it to 7 or 9 nights. The 12 nights were just great. I travel a lot and this was one of our most memorable trips ever.

Yes it was 2010. And wasn't it AMAZING. I can't imagine why they would shorten it to 7 or 9 nights. The 12 nights were just great. I travel a lot and this was one of our most memorable trips ever.

DCL will be going to more ports in 2015, 'then ever before, they have won slots where other lines have had control. The logic on the option of seven night Baltic cruises is that it's cheaper and saves the cool run up the North Sea, now I did a Baltic cruise in 2010 and would prefer 12 nights from the UK.

What we have been informed of is Europe and Baltic cruises on the Magic. This is reported to have come from the captain and CD of the Magic on a number of cruises in August. That tied in with a rumour I was told in July.

Now this is a rumour, it's a bit early for DCL to set its programme but reported directly from senior officers. I note from a google search four Internet forums have this information, one ,' popular' DCL forum has not reported this, and is well well behind the theories,

I have read theories of Canada spring and fall, and Tortola, and southern carribean. We know Wonder is in Alaska for summer 2015, and the newer ships doing regular runs. I have done Internet searches on all ports of call in Europe and looked at the back door of the DCL site for any clues but it seems watertight today.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

You might notice that the page views on this thread have shot up dramatically today. I see another forum who were a week behind are now discussing this thread. :D

It's interesting... People crave and request for rumours.... Then moan when someone posts them.:eek:

Everything has been labelled rumours everywhere.

At least this forum has Been respectful!:)

But it's what you expect, if they are last again, well they will be upset!

You might notice that the page views on this thread have shot up dramatically today. I see another forum who were a week behind are now discussing this thread. :D

It's interesting... People crave and request for rumours.... Then moan when someone posts them.:eek:

Everything has been labelled rumours everywhere.

At least this forum has Been respectful!:)

But it's what you expect, if they are last again, well they will be upset!

You're right about that. Never been here before until I saw this thread in Google and I am not seeing this info besides Tortuga anywhere.

You're right about that. Never been here before until I saw this thread in Google and I am not seeing this info besides Tortuga anywhere.

Hello and thank you for that, there is very small snippets of information about winter months out there but nothing for the summer of 2015.

Now let me say again the normal health warning. These are rumours at this time!

Rumour: Magic to go to the Baltic again in summer of 2015. This maybe either,

From Copenhagen for 7 or 9 night cruises to ST Petersburg, Tallinn, Helsinki, and Stockholm.

Or longer cruises there from the UK.

The reason for shorter cruises is 1 cost 2 to cut the long North Sea cool run, 3 The English Channel is very busy, 4 Dover has high tides that effect docking and departure.

Amsterdam as been mentioned.

Now the Baltic Sea often is a limited season, to there maybe Mediterranean cruises before and after, with repo cruises to and from Barcelona maybe fir 14 nights if Copenhagen or 7 nights if UK.

Wonder is back in Alaska. It's enhanced dry dock of six weeks is fall 2015 or fall 2016, depends on Panama Canal new locks coming into operation.

Dream continues on 3 and 4 night cruises for Port Canaveral.

Fantasy Seven night Caribbean maybe more Eastern ones in winter with Tortola and San Juan, but Westerns back in summer.

More Southern Caribbean cruises in Winter.

Seen a rumour re Canada if that was dropped in it would be Spring or fall before or after Europe.

Some quotes going around include DCL has got more port slots then before and will go to more places than ever before winning slots from other cruise lines.

Seen a couple of other sites reading this thread with one or two posters being a bit rude about it, but I assume only as they didn't post it first, some people Or places feel they have exclusive rights to rumours and if they do not publish it then it isn't true.

We shall see the accuracy when they come out, but I will end by saying again, these are all rumours until the fast lady sings!

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY