Rumours for 2015

DISNEY FANTASY

I just got off the Wonder and the crew stated that they are hoping for a waiver for the Panama Canal size restrictions. They said that the ship will fit in the canal after the makeover but will exceed the Canal's size restrictions. Disney has already gotten a waiver to delay the drydock one year and apparently was hoping that the new locks would be ready by 2015. Right now they are unsure as to what is going to happen.

Yes that's exactly what they were telling us in the summer, now they have a quickie dry dock in January, ( so do not need a waiver for Dry Dock now) there not going to fit the duck tail then to my knowledge and so could run up to 2016 before next Dry dock.

Any Chance DCL will ever go to New Orleans? We live between Gal and New Orleans. We can't rationalize plane tickets. With DCL leaving Gal, we're looking for a new cruise line. I'm assuming they won't go back to Gal.

It'd be great if one day we can take dd on another DCL cruise.

I pay no attention to ports, they don't effect what cruise or when we sail.

Any Chance DCL will ever go to New Orleans? We live between Gal and New Orleans. We can't rationalize plane tickets. With DCL leaving Gal, we're looking for a new cruise line. I'm assuming they won't go back to Gal.

It'd be great if one day we can take dd on another DCL cruise.

I pay no attention to ports, they don't effect what cruise or when we sail.

So what we know:-

• Galveston hasn't sold well, in fact poor, they have pulled out.
  • New Orleans is reported to have been having discussions with DCL.
  • But loads of ports have discussions with DCL. >East Canada is also courting them.
  • Tortola is courting DCL.
  • San Juan is establishing itself as a home port.

So my answer is *maybe* but only for the Winter months they have too many commitments in the summer months to go to.

If you ask me to bet on it I wouldn't, there are far more dead certs out there.

So what we know:-

• Galveston hasn't sold well, in fact poor, they have pulled out.
  • New Orleans is reported to have been having discussions with DCL.
  • But loads of ports have discussions with DCL. >East Canada is also courting them.
  • Tortola is courting DCL.
  • San Juan is establishing itself as a home port.

So my answer is *maybe* but only for the Winter months they have too many commitments in the summer months to go to.

If you ask me to bet on it I wouldn't, there are far more dead certs out there.

Winter months work for us, that's when we cruise! Aug is still way too hot, I'm sure the other summer months are well.

hey, discussion is better than 'nope, never gonna happen'! I can have hope, and have a reason to check.

We did San Juan with Carnival, 5 ports in a row, not fun at all for me, dh loved it, as did the rest of the group. But I love the downtime. If i'm not snorkeling, then there's no reason for me to get off the ship. (all the beauty and history of places is completely wasted on me.)

Winter months work for us, that's when we cruise! Aug is still way too hot, I'm sure the other summer months are well.

hey, discussion is better than 'nope, never gonna happen'! I can have hope, and have a reason to check.

We did San Juan with Carnival, 5 ports in a row, not fun at all for me, dh loved it, as did the rest of the group. But I love the downtime. If i'm not snorkeling, then there's no reason for me to get off the ship. (all the beauty and history of places is completely wasted on me.)

As Bond says.

Never say Never again!!

I know its been up a while but is it really a coincidence that the DCL website under Europe ports of call have two photos up of cruise ports that currently DCL are NOT scheduled to go to,

(1) Is Lisbon Portugal.

(2) Is this place.

Copenhargen.jpg

Copenhagen.

That's a big coincidence with Baltic cruises for summer 2015 rumored, and one rumor of seven night cruises from a home port of.....

Copenhagen.

IF you look at the pictures during the slideshow feature, that particular picture is actually listed at Copenhagen, which I agree is weird as it's not listed as a destination they currently sail to!!! Now, when can I book my air tickets?????????

IF you look at the pictures during the slideshow feature, that particular picture is actually listed at Copenhagen, which I agree is weird as it's not listed as a destination they currently sail to!!! Now, when can I book my air tickets?????????

Yes very true! Lisbon Portugal comes up as well.

Bring on NOLA. That is great for us. Mobile, better, but I'll take NOLA. I can drive it in 9 hrs. Right now, Galveston is 12 hrs and so is Orlando.soooo... PC it is, between those two anyway. No Miami for me. Its too chaotic to get in and out of and if its going to be FL, well, then above applies (Orlando.) But NOLA is smack dab easier for many of us heartlanders.

"Come on down, Give us a try. You wanna do some livin' before ya die? Live it up in New Orleans..."

Yep, NOLA has a strong Disney cultural tie. Works for me. I LOOVEE seafood and the garden district. Plenty to offer and easy to get to.

I had a number of people on the Wonder tell me exactly this, that DCL had applied for a permit somehow, pardon me you will know more about the technical words on that, than me, and said the case was the delays on the Panama Canal, it was expected to be finished far sooner. So DCL has applied for this extension permit and dry dock will be fall 2015 with the Wonder in Alaska summer 2015 where it has a five year agreement on port calls and cruises are selling very well. It will come back through an EB repo to East Coast and have a six week dry-dock somewhere like Norfolk. Any sooner and a wonder can't get through Panama as its too long with this fin on it. Magic is having its added now in Cadiz and is in Europe in 2015.

So if I understand you correctly, the Wonder will be doing 2 PC repositioning cruises in 2015.

Probably May and September?

We have a PC booked for 5/2014 but would jump at the chance to do it in the fall of 2015.

And if it ended in Norfolk, that would be the icing on the cake! (I know, it won't).

Thanks!

So if I understand you correctly, the Wonder will be doing 2 PC repositioning cruises in 2015.

Probably May and September?

We have a PC booked for 5/2014 but would jump at the chance to do it in the fall of 2015.

And if it ended in Norfolk, that would be the icing on the cake! (I know, it won't).

Thanks!

I think so.

I should pin this to see how many of the CM/TA rumors come to be.

Yes we can book mark it to see if they do come true, if they do, everyone will say they knew already, if there wrong everyone will remind me they were wrong!

Let me add some other words.

Tortola.

San Juan.

Alaska for Wonder 2015 and 2016.

More new ports and more better slots than before.

Europe inc Baltic not just Baltic.

Copenhagen.

Amsterdam.

Re arrange them into something that makes sence.

More random rumours.

Maybe East Canada?

Can't do to much with four ships and two at port canaveral.

But Dream isn't tied to PC from 2015,

Head in the block! Released , maybe some first week December!

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Cut and paste of a person who has just had a DCL survey.

So I got a DCL survey on my recent cruise( last March, seems like years ago though).

All about rating ports and how we enjoyed San Juan. Also asking how interested in visiting several ports including Tortola, Grand Turk, Cocoa Cay, St Kitts and the current ports, and why I have no interest to go to Cozumel.

I Made sure to mention how I would love the Magic to home port in San Juan in the winter. Would you believe flights to San Juan from Toronto/Buffalo are cheaper for March than to Florida. I want options for Spring Break, not like this years options of Nassau on Sunday on Dream/ Monday on the Magic/ or Wednesday on the Wonder.